• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

horiible anxiety

vsheff2984

Reaction score
Anyone else suffered anxiety/panic attacks since you loss? I had anxiety after my first loss, but this time it has been awful. It started the night after they were born. HR went up, got really short of breath, like this impending doom feeling. The nurse gave me benedryl and later an ativan and it really helped. Since then I have had several. The worst was 9/10. I got so short of breath and dizzy we called the paramedics. By the time they got there I was better. HR was up a little but all other vital signs were normal. I declined to go to the hospital. My first night back to work was Thursday. Had one at work that night. I was able to cover pretty well, but my heart was racing, I was dizzy, had that impending doom feeling again. It last much longer than the rest. I'd say two hours or so. But once I started giving report and kind of forgot about it and I was fine. Then it happend again tonight. Heart racing, jittery feeling, impending doom feeling. In fact I had my husband drive me home tonight because I was afraid to drive. It's just weird. I think part of it is I try so hard not to fall apart at work or at home in front of my husband. I think holding all in is driving me crazy...or literally breaking my heart! I certainly feel like a crazy person!

Hi,

I know how you feel. I have never suffered with anxiety before until I lost my twin boys. DH and I went out for dinner last week Friday and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I have also experienced it out shopping three weeks ago and it's just terrible. It's hard to deal with especially when it's happening.
I first experienced it every single morning when I woke up just after my boys were born. I thought it just had something to do with the antidepressants that I was on but since I have been off them, I haven't had as many although I still suffer with anxiety attacks.

Thanks for sharing your story. I am glad to know I am not the only one out there. My anxiety is slowly getting better. I still have good days and bad days. But I anticipate that will go on for a while.

I am so relieved to read this. I am so sorry you are going through it, but I a also relieved that I am not the only one going through it. My first anxiety attack occurred one week after I lost Sam, when I walked past my neighbor holding his newborn. My heart was racing, coldn't breath right, I was freaking out for over two hours. The second time was the next day when my older kids didn't come home from school...they walked to the city library instead because my eight year old had gotten a new library card the weekend before. I could not calm down for hours. I am still getting them at random moments. Hugs from me. Tis sucks. This is the hardest thing I have ever done.

Anyone else suffered anxiety/panic attacks since you loss? I had anxiety after my first loss, but this time it has been awful. It started the night after they were born. HR went up, got really short of breath, like this impending doom feeling. The nurse gave me benedryl and later an ativan and it really helped. Since then I have had several. The worst was 9/10. I got so short of breath and dizzy we called the paramedics. By the time they got there I was better. HR was up a little but all other vital signs were normal. I declined to go to the hospital. My first night back to work was Thursday. Had one at work that night. I was able to cover pretty well, but my heart was racing, I was dizzy, had that impending doom feeling again. It last much longer than the rest. I'd say two hours or so. But once I started giving report and kind of forgot about it and I was fine. Then it happend again tonight. Heart racing, jittery feeling, impending doom feeling. In fact I had my husband drive me home tonight because I was afraid to drive. It's just weird. I think part of it is I try so hard not to fall apart at work or at home in front of my husband. I think holding all in is driving me crazy...or literally breaking my heart! I certainly feel like a crazy person!

I lost Samuel last Dec. Ive had loads of problems since ive lost him at 18weeks. Real bad migraines, racing heart, feeling dizzy,stomach problems no end. I now have IBS, or they think i have it. They cant find what the problem is even though ive had tests. However all my problems and going to the dr every 2-3 weeks. Everytime im told its stress , worry, anxiety.

It started off when i found out i was pregnant as i was told that the chances of my partner and i having children were slim. Then there was bleeding etc etc and then i lost him.

They gave me all different medications however some of them have made me worse. I know its stress and i try not to do it but im alot better than i was and its just a matter of time and help. Stress seems to effect the body in loads of ways.

Im sorry that so many people are having to deal with it. please take care xx:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Me too! After I lost Ava in March of 2011, I have a racing heart, sounds like it skips a beat, it is definitely anxiety/ When I am around newborns I start to get hot and my heart is pounding. I really think this is normal, i mean we can do our best but you really can't stop anxiety, it is horrible :cry::cry:
I also have IBS, everything I eat goes right through me. I go to the bathroom like 7x a day. Is it very normal so don't think it's not. I hope it eases up for all of us. I did try Xanax (SP) but it did nothing for me only made me exhausted. I also have insomnia.. Very sad we have to go through this after all we have already been through :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Me too! After I lost Ava in March of 2011, I have a racing heart, sounds like it skips a beat, it is definitely anxiety/ When I am around newborns I start to get hot and my heart is pounding. I really think this is normal, i mean we can do our best but you really can't stop anxiety, it is horrible :cry::cry:
I also have IBS, everything I eat goes right through me. I go to the bathroom like 7x a day. Is it very normal so don't think it's not. I hope it eases up for all of us. I did try Xanax (SP) but it did nothing for me only made me exhausted. I also have insomnia.. Very sad we have to go through this after all we have already been through :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Im real sorry you are suffering with all this. I had so many headaches due to stress i then worried because i couldnt work out why they wouldnt go away. Then pains in my chest so the dr gave me an ECG, well they to repeat it, the nurse said there was a problem with it. Well in the panic inside me was so bad, crying my eyes out like a big baby, shaking,feeling sick and dizzy. Then dr then came to me and said the only thing wrong was one of the cables not suck on properly. I had blown everything over the top with anxiety and thats not the only time ive done it.

They then gave me antidepressants that i wouldnt take. I had a lump come up on my stomach on the right just under my ribs. Ive had 3 drs check me over and have found nothing. Ive had a scan for all my organs and the lump, nothing! Ive had tests for helicobactor , celiacs disease, full blood count, all normal.

I have found out ive got a Hiatus hernia due to being pregnant in the past.That gives me in quite a lot of pain and feels like indigestion. As for the ibs i suffer with constipation on/ off and have to take things to make me go. My stomach swells and i look pregnant, i get a lot of pain. However things are a lot better than they used to be. Ive got hemorrhoids which i may have to go and have sorted as there not your small type and i have more than one. My hair is falling out, i look pale. My Oh moans because im negative all the time and look on the bad side of things.

Ive panic everytime i sit in the drs waiting to go in. Wondering what they are going to say to me or what tests ive got to have. I went away for a weeks holiday with the kids and i did forget about it all and i felt alot better. So relaxing does calm everything down but its just trying to get your body to do it. I hardly have any sleep going off about 2am and then i wake every hour or so and lay in bed till 5am - 7am on a good day. Its so much worse when i have something on my mind.

I do hope you feel better soon. Please keep trying different things to help you in the end you will find something that will help. Im trying some new medication only simple stuff that you can buy over the counter but i will give anything a try, i just want to be normal again. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Take care Sarah x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->