horrendous choking experience today.... sob!

alio

Reaction score
well i had the fright of my life today girls. i suppose it was just a matter of time...... i gave fin some 'finger food' - some organix stuff.... i had only remarked to my friend yesterday that i didn't trust giving them it at all.... lo and behold, i was sat in front of fin watching how he'd get on and within seconds he had tried to swallow it all and it got lodged in his throat. i whipped him upside down and smacked his back (he was choking pretty badly at this point). he vomited loads all over........ and sobbed (poor little thing).......

i threw all that stuff out..... hate them.....

scared me senseless.....

be aware girls. xxx

Oh hun!!!! So sorry!!! It must have been horrible:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: Hope you both are feeling better now.

cheers mate..... awww awful day! x

Oh no! Poor you! And Fin!!! This is my biggest fear!!! :hugs:
If you don't mind me asking what was it? Lucas is having those Organix Carrot puff things but I haven't tried anything else with him yet.

he's fine with the carrot puff ones! it was a sweetcorn ring,like a onion ring crisp. i will never use them again, they felt 'wrong' anyway if you know what i mean..... he loves those carrot ones!! xxxx

OMG how scary!!! How old is your LO if you don't mind me asking? Mine is 7 months and him choking on finger food is one of my biggest fears too. So far I have only given him soft things like banana

:hug: That must have been awful for you and Fin :(

I hate giving Jay finger food too, I'm so worried that he's going to choke, but I know I have to go through it for him to learn to chew. I watch him like a hawk and have had to help him out a few times :(

I can't wait until he's chewing properly and I can chill out with his eating...

xx

Brookes just getting started on rusks and i watch her like a hawk, i always have a little drink ready incase stuff goes down the wrong way

Thats awful, we had something similar with seth on something like that from Organics but it had 12 months on the back so I think thats probs why it happened for us.

Sounded like you did a great job hun, much better than I ever handled it. Well done but Im not suprised you're a bit shaken up

xx

thank you you bunch of lovely ladies...... really frightening..... xxxxx

I am soooo worried about giving Liv finger food. Even bananas and stuff - she always takes the biggest mouthful and doesn't chew so she has to cough it back up - how do I get round this???

I am soooo worried about giving Liv finger food. Even bananas and stuff - she always takes the biggest mouthful and doesn't chew so she has to cough it back up - how do I get round this???

i wouldn't worry too much. i think it's kind of instinctive. i knew those orgnix rings seemed weird but stupidly gave them anyway. fin is great with bananas and strawberries. he takes massive mouthfuls but i watch and take a bit out if necessary. fin has toast, it's not too much of a problem. xxxx

Hope you and Fin are feeling better now and recovered from your scare. Scary stuff!
I'm starting to give finger foods and so scared of this happening.

i had this with organix too :(

no way?! argh!!! xx

yeah I posted about it too... she was happily munchin on it and she started choking but she was in her pram in the middle of town... I just started to smack her back and I had to do it loads before anything happened... :( it was horrible...!! I ripped my nail off too *ouchie*!!

I dont give her them anymore, even now!!

she trys to put too much in her mouth and they dont melt very well!!

The cow and gate biscuits just break off... we stick to the organix crisps now, even then ones for stage 3 courtney is ok with... its just those darn biscuits!!

omg its one of my worst nightmares!! when katie has "hard" stuff, i always hold on to it, so she can have a suck and a munch, but she doesnt swallow it. she always tries to suck it in!!

wow that must have been scary!!!! exactly why I am not too interested in pushing the finger foods too soon! I dont see anything beneficial with a baby choking... :(

:hug:

How scary! Main thing is you sorted it and he is fine. Something to watch out for though:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->