Horrible constant pain in top of bump. Anyone else having this?

Lea8198

Reaction score
I am wondering if this pain I am having is normal as I am so uncomfortable :cry:

For around 4 hours now I have had a horrible pain in the very top of my bump. Slightly to the left but sometimes it is right across the whole top of bump. It's not a stabbing shooting pain, it's not heartburn. It kind of feels like something is torn. It's so uncomfortable. I am trying to ignore it but it is really painful. I am literally sat on the sofa pushing both sides of the top of my bump together but that is not helping. Is anyone else experiencing this or had this before?

Ive had something similar for the last 6 weeks, feels like something is digging into my muscle making it ache and really sore to touch. Not sure what it is, I'm learning now to ignore it (although its difficult as it reallyyyy hurts) :(

Ive got pain in the top of my bump today, like a real pulling feeling especially when I walk. BUT I fell over twice in 24 hours (I know....) so I have assumed its because of that.

Sorry to not be any help but if the pain gets real intense it cant hurt to ring the midwives for some advice. It could just be the way bubs is lying and pulling at your muscles.

Yep all sounds normal to me, I have this some days, maybe one day out of the week, my mw said it's normal unless obviously the pain is stabbing then call mw straight away but at some points it's so umcomfy it hurts so if it's that sounds normal to me.

X

I am wondering if this pain I am having is normal as I am so uncomfortable :cry:

For around 4 hours now I have had a horrible pain in the very top of my bump. Slightly to the left but sometimes it is right across the whole top of bump. It's not a stabbing shooting pain, it's not heartburn. It kind of feels like something is torn. It's so uncomfortable. I am trying to ignore it but it is really painful. I am literally sat on the sofa pushing both sides of the top of my bump together but that is not helping. Is anyone else experiencing this or had this before?

I have this and it is quite uncomfortable. I had the midwife check it out because I was worried and it is (at least in my case) the baby's butt/hip area that is rubbing, bumping, and moving which is making the area extremely tender and sore. Mine is slightly to the left as baby is head down with spine on the right.

Dont no if its the same but i somtimes get a pain bside my belly button and it was as if torn and it was my ligamints. (excuse the bad spelling). Not to worry u but id get it checked as being sore under ribs is a sign of preeclampsia. I no though that if u r not moving right and always sitting up right from lieing down possition u can tear somthing thats in between ur ribs i think. My ligament pain was always worse when i was on my feet too long xx

Quite normal so I understand, I had this too at one stage. It felt like I was bruised. Its stopped now as the baby seems to have dropped lower down - although I still get the occasional pull there.

i had this too :-/
i found though that when i wore a properly fitting bra it helped with the pain x

I get this too, mainly towards the end of the day. It's really painful, but assume it's the baby stretching me. I find rubbing it and resting really helps x

I have had the same thing. Mine is mostly the upper right. The worst was when her foot happened to be there, making it even worse. The pain was so bad my dr sent me for an ultrasound to make sure it wasn't my gall bladder. Of course it was a foot. Since she has dropped, the pain is still there but different. Now it feels like a sunburn on the inside & outside of the skin. One night a cold washcloth really helped. I think it's just the pulling & stretching of that area on the inside that's never been stretched.

Thanks everyone. That is kind of what I thought. Stretching etc. He has been quite quiet today too. Currently drinking a cold drink to encourage a flurry of kicks! He is quite the mover normally :)

If I am still in pain tomorrow I will get seen i think.

Thanks again everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->