Horrible cough

Happy

Mummy to Phoebe
Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone!

Phoebe has developed a really chesty cough and last night it was so bad she made herself sick. She has been ill with a virus so I dont know if it is from this but she only has a runny nose not a full blown cold. We put her to bed a 6.30 last night and 20 minutes later there was this awful cough, I went running in and picked her up and you could hear her chest rattling, she managed to sleep most of the night but several times she woke up having a coughing fit.

Is there anything you can give a 9 month old for a cough, she is asleep now but keeps coughing even though I have really propped her up.

my little boy is sick with a cold and cough too. johnsons vapor bath works wonders for us! he's been sleeping on our chest upright to help ease the drainage. is the cold croupy at all? and sometimes a cough does follow a virus :)

I don't know about 9 month babies as Elle is only 3 months. But Elle is recovering from croup and I put her in a steamy bathroom, then bring her into the garage. Her cough usually gets better for a bit. Also saline solution helps her little nose.

Its not really croupy more a dry cough it seems to be getting worse so I am going to pop along to the doctors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->