horrible results

JennyOwens

Pregnant - 2nd time round
Reaction score
Hi ladies

Had my dating scan on Wednesday, combined with the test for down's. I got the results today and they are high risk. I feel so lonely. No one knows I'm pregnant apart from OH who is at work. I'm only 29 - I feel so stupid for being so confident that it would all be ok.

Booked in for a CVS on Tuesday - has anyone else had this too?

xx

aww, really sorry to hear your news. sorry i haven't had the test. please stay positive just because it has come out high risk this usuall means one in 200-300 so not necessarily you. xx good luck xx

:hugs: I know it is hard hunny but try not to worry, as the post above me said it will probably be 1 in 200 maybe more...its not like a 1 in 3 chance..im sure u will fine :) xXx

so sorry to hear your news, good luck with the cvs.

Good luck.
lots of ladies have high risk scans which turn out to be nothing.

Thanks girls. I've read a bit on the internet and am trying to be positive. Thanks for your replies.

xx

I'm high risk too. They did my test pretty late (wk 17), and we decided to refuse amnio. Did they give you an accurate risk? It may not be so high risk - I was borderline, that's why we decided against it. The MC risk was higher than the DS risk. We are fairly optimistic about it, but I'm still holding my breath a little bit until birth. :hugs:

sorry to hear that hun, but like the others say try not too worry as it doesn't always mean that your baby wont be healthy :hugs:

Hiya,

I was given a high risk at my 12 week dating scan aswell, but we tried to just stay positive and tried not to really think about it after the initial period of being a bit upset. Went back for the 22 week scan and was really excited and they gave us an even higher risk of 1 in 40 and told us there were spots on his heart which pointed strongly to DS aswell. We were really upset and if you search my posts you will find them all somewhere, but it can be a really confusing time. We went private for an amniocentesis and everything came back perfectly fine so try not to worry - this happens in the majority of cases. They have to tell you EVERYTHING they find to protect themselves, even though they may not say it in a very sensitive manner. Try not to worry too much and if you have any questions about anything, feel free to message me :) xxx

Hi

Both my eldest sister and my best friend had 'high risk' results during their pregnancies and both of them had perfectly healthy babies - I know it's hard but try not to worry about it too much

Thanks so much for your encouraging messages - we were given a 1 in 113 - so I know its not too bad but (perhaps, stupidly) I was just waiting for the "all clear" letter rather than expecting the dreaded phone call.

Thanks for your suport.
xx

Hey i had a cvs as i knew i had a 50/50 chance of having a baby with patau symdrome as my hubby carries it. Weve lost 2 aleady one at 13 weeks the other at 5. the CVS really isnt that bad, some cramping afterwards but nothing a couple of paracetamol didnt fix. The results were back the next day including the sex of the baby and the staff at the hospital (kings college) were wonderful. Im glad i had it. It does carry a chance of misscairage (1 in 100) but after they have seen the baby move on the screen after the procedure it goes down to (1 in 1000). Good luck. x

My ss had so many test but refused amnio, thinks she had simialr levels to you, they even advised her to terminate!

Well six weeks before my little girl was born she had a perfectly healthy boy, and you look at him now and thnk god she didn't terminate.

I guess you gotta look at it this way, if they find out you would hav a bab with any kind of disbility would you terminate. If not then why bother worrying yourself with the risks and figures. After seeing all the stress my sister went through I decided not to have any of the tests this time round, but I'll happily accept my scan just for my piccie! LOL

My last pregnancy came back as "high risk" but Sophie was perfectly healthy x

How stressful for you. :( I hope that everything goes well with the CVS.

I'm waiting to hear back with the results from my NT/blood test as well and I won't lie, I'm a little anxious.

Thanks for all your messages of support ladies. I had it this morning and now we just have to wait for the results....

hivechild: When do you get your results? I hope they come back all clear for you. Its a nervy time.

Thanks for all your messages of support ladies. I had it this morning and now we just have to wait for the results....

hivechild: When do you get your results? I hope they come back all clear for you. Its a nervy time.

They actually called with them yesterday and everything came back all clear, thank you for asking! :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that your CVS comes back with perfect results, plus you'll get to find out the baby's sex! How long do you have to wait before hearing back now?

They actually called with them yesterday and everything came back all clear, thank you for asking! :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that your CVS comes back with perfect results, plus you'll get to find out the baby's sex! How long do you have to wait before hearing back now?

Thats brilliant - I'm pleased for you!

I get the quick results either tomorrow or Friday and then have to wait two weeks for the rest of them. Its going to be a very long two weeks.

i hope everything turns out fine ive heard of a lot of ladies who have been through the same as you and everything turns out fine its just the docs job to give you the worst possibly sinario good luck my fingers and toes are crossed xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->