Horrible UTI

Fallacy

Soon to be mum of 2!
Reaction score
So I just had a hell of a night. Background info: Last Friday, I went in to labor and delivery at the suggestion of my doctor. I was having bad pressure down by my lady bits and had some cramping. They tested my urine and said I had a bad UTI. They sent me home with a prescription for Keflex.

Fastforward to today. I woke up with some pretty bad lower left back pain. I decided it would probably go away, so I told OH to go to work. By 6 pm, the pain was so bad I was in tears. I have no car (OH uses it for work) and no cell phone, so I had no way of contacting anyone to ask for help other than the internet. I managed to get ahold of my parents who came over around 9 pm. OH had been contacted as well, but his employer forbid him from leaving. He eventually had someone see him in tears which let him leave to come help me.

I went in to the ER and they transferred me to labor and delivery. From here on, I started having contractions 2-3 minutes apart for 3 hours. They decided to do a swab to make sure I wasn't going to go into labor within the next 2 weeks. It came back negative. They ended up discharging me with a change of antibiotics and said they wouldn't give me anything for the back pain because they don't want to mask the pain in case it turns into a kidney infection. At the point of leaving, I was contracting every 6 minutes, which they didn't like, but said it was probably from the UTI.

I'm in such bad pain right now. I just want it to go away so I can sleep. :cry:

So sorry to hear that you are in pain :hugs: no advice to give, but did they tell you to try and drink unsweetened cranberry juice? Sometimes that helps along with the meds. Feel better soon :hugs:

They did, but they said I'm so well hydrated they didn't really know what else to tell me. They just said to go back in if my contractions become more painful or if after 2 days, the pain is worse. :nope:

I ended up not getting any sleep due to the pain, but at least right now, it's at the point where I can walk and talk. Hoping these new meds do the trick! :flower:

I'm sort of on the same boat. I also went into L&D this morning with horrible cramping that had been going on for about 12 hours (took me that long to convince DH to take me. I tend to cry wolf when it comes to emergency health decisions.) I didn't know! I felt lots of pressure! This is our first so I have no idea what to expect. Anyway, I was contracting a little, but they sent me home with a prescription for antibiotics for a bladder infection. My pain has continued all day today, but I'm detecting that it may be slightly lessened from last night. It was like really bad period cramping.

They did tell me that if pain continues, perhaps the meds prescribed are not working on my particular infection and a change will be made. They had to send my culture to lab to determine exactly what my needs are.

I hope your docs get your UTI straightened out soon so you are not in any more pain, and LO stays snug a little while longer. Take care.

I don't know about you, but my little guy is pretty low. I have a feeling his little head rests on or very close to my bladder causing the increased pain. For me, laying with my back arched over and kind of rocking on my birthing ball has helped take away some of the pressure. It's not lasting relief, but any break from the pain has been welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->