horrific piles please help

Sorry I cant help but almost 2 years on & I still have them pretty bad :cry: so I will be watchign this thread closely x
I feel your pain in more ways than one :hugs: x

think i wouldnt feel as bad if they would shrink and go back in! gotta be patient but want be normal - feel as if my bum will never be the same! :cry:

hi

sorry to hear you have this awful afflication as well. sorry short reply but nursing LO. I would highly recommend you get some witchazel to soothe the pain - girls recommended it to me and it helps soothe the pain.
Also get some cream and start treating them else they will get worse, i didnt even really know what they were and mine started out as one during labour and although they said they will give me cream for it the midwives didnt so i thought nothing of it. I also had stitches and was very sore down there and thought that was why i was in pain and heaven help me before you know it i have LOADS piles hanging around and am throwing everything i can at them and seriously praying they disappear. I wish they would warn women about these and midwives should ask new mothers about them! if i had known i would have have taken a different route and treated them earlier. ppl dont talk about them esp when they get as bad as mine have and yet so many of us have suffered with them. it really helps to hear success stories as gives me home as its really got me down

I second the comment about proctosedyl. I have the ointment prescribed to me as I had pretty bad piles right after LO was born. They sorted them out - but if my diet suffers boy do I know it - they come right back! So another couple of days with the ointment and it clears up again.

Drink loooooads of water and eat lots of fruit! I'm a year on now, and the only time I get trouble is if I eat crap for a couple of days.

I'm not sure they will ever go, but what I'm trying to say is it will get better, and you will find ways of preventing them! :hugs:

This thread has made me terrified! I am so sorry for all those ladies suffering from piles! I have not had a baby yet, but I do suffer from piles (it runs in my family)- they are small internal ones and I don't use anything to treat them as I only occasionaly get pain from them. I am really scared that when I do have a baby I will push them out and they will be huge external ones!

I am sorry I don't have any help for you but, I just wanted you to know that I feel your pain (literally!).

Many thanks, this pile experience has been the worse of my life, i have never had them before. Had my six week check up and died when doc asked me to show my piles to him and student doc. I then thought whatever it takes and they have seen it all anyway - besides got no dignity left and i will do whatever i have to to get rid of them. he gave me proctosedyl and only on day 4 and think its helping shrink them - mine are SO bad thats it hard to tell sometime except on week by week basis - TMI I know but i thinks if someone else is in the same boat they wont feel alone! hoping this ointment does the trick thought got be patient and see. I am also on strict high fibre diet and doing whatever it takes. doc thought it would be 2-3 MONTHS before swelling went down which nearly finished me off but since got no choice trying to remain positive.

I will post updates in case anyone else is in similar position but am determined to get this thing beat cos its ruining my life

I second the comment about proctosedyl. I have the ointment prescribed to me as I had pretty bad piles right after LO was born. They sorted them out - but if my diet suffers boy do I know it - they come right back! So another couple of days with the ointment and it clears up again.

Drink loooooads of water and eat lots of fruit! I'm a year on now, and the only time I get trouble is if I eat crap for a couple of days.

I'm not sure they will ever go, but what I'm trying to say is it will get better, and you will find ways of preventing them! :hugs:

Hi Ladies

Sorry you're all going through this pain - it's bloody awful isn't it? I have 2 magic remedies which worked better than all the steroid creams for me. Piles cleared up within a week.

1. Witch hazel gel. Make sure bottom is clean and dry, and apply this gel straight from fridge. It can sting and itch a little first, but gives hours of relief.

2. This one is a personal life-saver but it isnt for the faint hearted so do your research before you try it. Teatree oil. Straight from the bottle, onto a clean finger and directly onto the piles. It stings like hell for a few mins but the relief afterwards was worth it for me. I also put a few drops into a bath along with lavender oil and bathed 3 or 4 times a day this way.

Good luck ladies, hope they clear up soon for you. xx

Thankst willing to try teaatree only if it helps shrink them.. does it do thi
S.sorry mistakes.on phone and nursing

ok i was brave and tried the tea tree oil- first diluted in olive oil and it was fine - then tried it neat and was ok - will see if it works! fingers crossed

Hi Ladies

Sorry you're all going through this pain - it's bloody awful isn't it? I have 2 magic remedies which worked better than all the steroid creams for me. Piles cleared up within a week.

1. Witch hazel gel. Make sure bottom is clean and dry, and apply this gel straight from fridge. It can sting and itch a little first, but gives hours of relief.

2. This one is a personal life-saver but it isnt for the faint hearted so do your research before you try it. Teatree oil. Straight from the bottle, onto a clean finger and directly onto the piles. It stings like hell for a few mins but the relief afterwards was worth it for me. I also put a few drops into a bath along with lavender oil and bathed 3 or 4 times a day this way.

so glad you are feeling better and on the mend. mine seem to be shrinking VERY slowly so hoping its question of time before am free of them

I'm feeling much better now. It's still there, but it's about the half the size it was, and the doctor said it's healing nicely. It hasn't hurt me like stabbing pain in about four days, and it's been two days since it's really hurt at all. It's itchy now, but itchy I can deal with. :)

I think it was the constant baths and the bed rest that really did it. After four days of lying mostly on my side (with getting up lots to take care of LO, although my mom and husband were helping A LOT) it got dramatically better. Preparation H (a cream you can buy here in the US) helped lots, as well, because it's numbing.

Milk of magnesia is DISGUSTING. I had to take it twice, and it was awful. Going in sucks, coming out sucks.

Good luck. I promise they do eventually go away.

Been trying tea tree oil neat and think its helping. Also trying a myriad of other natural remedies as I dont want to be using steriod creams for months and am a believer in natures power to heal though these darn piles have made me wonder.

I found this link very informative

https://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/hemorrhoids.html

PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING. Hope it helps fellow sufferers. I will update on my progress with what I have tried and if its worked in due course

Hi Ladies

am back again :blush: piles still hanging around. made appt to see doc in a months time in case no progress. tea tree helps a little but have been trying alo vera gel last few days and think its helping - dont know anymore :cry:

whoever had shocking piles after birth - how long did it take them to shrink?

Also anyone have them operated on? any success? want to avoid this but if has to be done so be it?

never mind birth buddies i need a pile buddy :blush::wacko:

I am currently suffering really badly too! I had a c section so it wasn't caused by pushing but oh my gosh, I have been in tears with the pain! It seems I have an internal pile that has thrombosed and is prolapsed so whenever I go to the toilet it comes out and I have to put it back in, sorry tmi!

I have seen the emergency nurse practioner who just shook her head, told me I was a 'poor girl' (am 28 btw!) and gave me suppositories, painkillers, lactulose and advised an ice pack at least 4 times a day. Then told me that at my 6 week check o need to speak to the doctor about banding to have them removed as nothing else will sort the problem out.

I have a few TMI prolapsed piles but surgeons and doc said they will shrink with time but I dunno if they suggesting banding for you with less piles! Will see what doc says. Hoping to avoid ops if need be. just sick of them cos although not constipated they are there and i want them gone. let me know what your check up reveals if thats ok

I have a few TMI prolapsed piles but surgeons and doc said they will shrink with time but I dunno if they suggesting banding for you with less piles! Will see what doc says. Hoping to avoid ops if need be. just sick of them cos although not constipated they are there and i want them gone. let me know what your check up reveals if thats ok

No problem, she did say the banding would be done under local rather than general anaesthetic and I think it's because they keep getting thrombosed and I have to push them back in after going to the toilet rather than them retracting.

mine too swollen at the moment so cant retract, have to wait till swelling goes down- if it does. mine not thrombosed so not painful but fed up of having such strict diet - healthy anyway but this is something else as want them gone. will see what doc says in a month. local anaesthetic not too bad then - hope its a quick recovery period

Hi hope u don't mind me joining. I had my baby boy on Monday evening and I have a strong history of severe piles. I had external thrombosed huge piles during my pregnancy and after the birth of my previous baby. Currently I don't have any piles BUT my history is that they will start approx a wk after the birth. I suppose I am here introducing myself as I feel I will be needing ur support shortly and tbh I am scared. I hope u ladies are beginning to feel better xx

Hi hope u don't mind me joining. I had my baby boy on Monday evening and I have a strong history of severe piles. I had external thrombosed huge piles during my pregnancy and after the birth of my previous baby. Currently I don't have any piles BUT my history is that they will start approx a wk after the birth. I suppose I am here introducing myself as I feel I will be needing ur support shortly and tbh I am scared. I hope u ladies are beginning to feel better xx

They are so painful when thrombosed aren't they?? Worse than anything I have ever felt, including both my sections! Fingers crossed your stay away, it's a nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->