horrific piles please help

Well I had my appointment, the doctor was lovely, let me feed Jemima, winded her for me so he could have a cuddle! And have me a proper examination, basically I do have piles but also a chronic fissure which he doesn't think creams will help nut until I finish feeding then I will be trying them and then referred off for surgery.

Nma- he did tell ne that banding can be done safely and pain free while breastfeeding, as can the injections and that he could even do both in the surgery for me I'd the cream works on the fissure so I would definitely push your docs for a referal ASAP.x

Well I had my appointment, the doctor was lovely, let me feed Jemima, winded her for me so he could have a cuddle! And have me a proper examination, basically I do have piles but also a chronic fissure which he doesn't think creams will help nut until I finish feeding then I will be trying them and then referred off for surgery.

Nma- he did tell ne that banding can be done safely and pain free while breastfeeding, as can the injections and that he could even do both in the surgery for me I'd the cream works on the fissure so I would definitely push your docs for a referal ASAP.x

Do you mean "Fistula" hun? I'm sure a "fissure" is what I have - a hole up inside my rectum in between my vagina wall and rectum causing gas and poo (yuck I know) to sometimes come out my vagaina......I am having surgery for it on Friday. I think a "Fistula" Is like a small cut/tear on the outside or just on the inside of your anus...?

He said fissure and gave me a load of print outs that say anal fissure too?

Thank you Hannah for letting us know outcome, fissure sounds painful - I would suggest you take a magnesium supplement - powdered form- this will soften your bowels and ease pain upon stooling. Also flaxseeds and or extra virgin coconut oil/olive oil to be very helpful- more so than the lactulose/fybogel etc in easing constiptation. I have heard wheatgrass cream can help heal fissures without the need for surgery in some cases

am feeling more positive knowing banding can be an option for me possibly. I am hesitant at the moment as I have heard even this can have potential side effects which could leave me worse and not rid me of the problem. I have cured my constipation which is 90% of the way to curing myself. I cant take certain supplements due to breastfeeding so am trying to wait it out and see what happens before I think about surgery. My appointment is two weeks away, the swelling does seem to be getting less each day so will see what happens over this week and next.

i dunno, thought surviving labour was the end of the pain process!

I had my appt with doc and as I suspected they want me to wait it out since they are very slowly going - still VERY bad so am looking at months for them to go. I will go back to docs in a couple of months and push fir referral to surgeons IF there has been no improvement.

again ladies if any of you had bad prolapsed piles but recovered please share your story to give us hope!:cry::cry::cry:

Hey me again! You did have it right - you have an anal fissure which is a tear in your anus...I unfortunately (as well as the recto-vaginal fistula) have one too! It realy stings and not sure how to get rid of it? Can I buy over the counter cream?

Hi, it was Hannah who had the fissure so not sure re cream. I think you can only get from the doc. As for me am still battling the dreaded piles which are slowly shrinking but still be months. going to try and forget them

Hey me again! You did have it right - you have an anal fissure which is a tear in your anus...I unfortunately (as well as the recto-vaginal fistula) have one too! It realy stings and not sure how to get rid of it? Can I buy over the counter cream?

Hi, it was Hannah who had the fissure so not sure re cream. I think you can only get from the doc. As for me am still battling the dreaded piles which are slowly shrinking but still be months. going to try and forget them

Ahhh ok. aww poor you xxx - it must be so painfull. do you still have sex with the piles? I will see my doc. I think he's getting sick of me seeing him...

Hi tiggerpony, I have been given proctosedyl ointment, not sure if you can get it over the counter but worth checking. It wasn't the docs first choice but it's safe while breastfeeding so he gave me that one. You have really been through the ringer, massive hugs to you and j hope it clears up soon!

Hi

mine are not painful and they are def shrinking but am too scared to hope until they gone. I was given the same cream as mentioned by Hannah but found it useless - doesnt cure in bad cases of piles, not sure re fissure. Also prolonged use can thin the skin which you dont want esp down there. I am using myriad of natural remedies and will feedback once recovered -I am hopeful I will but it will be slow recovery. Sex not an issue as am healed and no probs there :thumbup: but its confidence issue. Its the only leftover from preg and labour I have left to get rid of so frustrating!

Ahhh ok. aww poor you xxx - it must be so painfull. do you still have sex with the piles? I will see my doc. I think he's getting sick of me seeing him...

I know my response here is YEARS after the original post (and the multiple replies!), but I think I'm in the same boat as the "NMA" poster, with the same symptoms I'm experiencing now...and I'm just wondering if she was right: did your piles ever actually shrink on their own after a couple of months? Or did you end up doing the banding? Or are you still living with them? If you do ever read this, I'd love it if you could respond--to help others, like me, feel like there may be hope out there! Thank you!

I know my response here is YEARS after the original post (and the multiple replies!), but I think I'm in the same boat as the "NMA" poster, with the same symptoms I'm experiencing now...and I'm just wondering if she was right: did your piles ever actually shrink on their own after a couple of months? Or did you end up doing the banding? Or are you still living with them? If you do ever read this, I'd love it if you could respond, to help others, like me, feel like there may be hope out there! Thank you!

I know my response here is YEARS after the original post (and the multiple replies!), but I think I'm in the same boat as the "NMA" poster, with the same symptoms I'm experiencing now...and I'm just wondering if she was right: did your piles ever actually shrink on their own after a couple of months? Or did you end up doing the banding? Or are you still living with them? If you do ever read this, I'd love it if you could respond--to help others, like me, feel like there may be hope out there! Thank you!

Hi. I had quite a bad case of them for about two weeks and used the ring cushion + ice packs + rigorous hygiene + laxative so I didn't strain for n.2. I talked to my GP and he basically said that he can't give me anything that would make a big difference until I am BF.

They went back after 2 weeks and returned again two weeks later, worse than before. After a week of that, they disappeared for good.

I am now 11 weeks PP and there is no sign of them, so hopefully they won't be making an appearance again, except if I give birth again.

If things don't get better, talk to your GP - it's nothing to be ashamed of! Good luck :thumbup:

I have just been waiting it out and making sure to eat lots of fruit and yogurt (for the probiotics). They are getting a bit better. But mine were never really painful, just unsightly and a bit itchy and the constipation was AWFUL. Still there a bit but getting better with time (2.5 weeks pp). My dr told me to try an over-the-counter laxative but the only time I've used those before, I had the opposite problem, diarrhea for 2 days! So I'm giving it 3 weeks and then if I can't poo normally, I'm taking the laxative. I've also been eating lots of prunes for 2 days and it seems to help a tiny bit with the constipation but it's still there. I think the constipation needs to be cured before the piles will go away. Just my opinion though!
Isn't this problem gross and embarrassing!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->