• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

horrific piles please help

I can honestly say that thrombosed piles are the worst pain I've ever had agreed!! Heres to keeping fingers and toes crossed lol xxxx

It is an awful affliction that ppl dont like to discuss, since having them am obsessed with curing them. creams from doc useless so only using sparingly as long term use not great even though docs not worried I am-long term steriod based creams used there will do who knows what damage! hoping natural remedies work though may take longer

how long did yours take to go last time? and how - surgery/creams/or by themselves over time?

Hi hope u don't mind me joining. I had my baby boy on Monday evening and I have a strong history of severe piles. I had external thrombosed huge piles during my pregnancy and after the birth of my previous baby. Currently I don't have any piles BUT my history is that they will start approx a wk after the birth. I suppose I am here introducing myself as I feel I will be needing ur support shortly and tbh I am scared. I hope u ladies are beginning to feel better xx

After the birth of my last baby I was referred to the colo-rectal surgeons at the hospital where I was told no they wouldn't operate as I had just given birth so I remained in hospital for 5 days doped up on pethidine before being discharged with other strong painkillers and being told to let them run their course. Took just over six weeks to go in the end. I found creams to be useless as did I during this pregnancy when I was given a lidocaine gel in a syringe to apply and not much else.
Well tmi I know I have just had my first pp poo so am doing my pelvic floor exercises religiously as been told this can help and keeping my fingers crossed!!

surgeons told me i didnt need to be operated on and just to increase fibre and gave some creams-one which i couldnt use and the other was a cream to numb the pain. i was told 2-4 week recovery but still suffering nearly six weeks on. not constipated so no issues there, guess my swelling was pretty bad so may take longer to go but cant have them for months on end. six week check up doc said 2-3 months and that was 2 weeks ago. have another appt in a month so will see - praying they go.

Stick to high fibre diet and avoid constipation and straining at all costs - this is crucial. do the kegels in ADDITION to this as these along wont be enough if you get constipated and strained. hopefully you will be spared. i take hope from the fact you recovered, guess got be patient a while longer

Well I had my six week check yesterday and spoke to the GP. He advised that something can definitely be done but that they have a new GP at the surgery who was a colo-rectal surgeon and has started doing banding and the injection in the surgery so I have an appointment with him next Friday for him to see how bad they are and decide if he can do it in the surgery or refer me for a full heamarroidectomy which would need to wait until I finish breastfeeding.

NMA, yours sound just as bad as mine so if they are still painful I would definatly go back and ask for something to be done. From experience (I have had them for years) they don't go away when they reach s certain stage.x

Many thanks for responding and letting me know outcome, have doc appt next month. mine not painful and continuing natural remedies - nothing to lose. will discuss options with GP but willing to give it time. am nursing also and will be for 2yrs minimum so little option if have to wait surgery. reading about the heamarroidectomy - i wont have this as side effects potentially horrific.

its so unfair - i hate piles :cry::cry::cry:. Mine are bad in sense i pushed LOADS out, so bad hard to see improvement though in fairness have improved from what they were 9 weeks ago. Great news on the new GP since he's experienced, hope they can do something for you that doesn't involve the major surgery.

Hope we can both avoid the big surgery :cry:

Well I had my six week check yesterday and spoke to the GP. He advised that something can definitely be done but that they have a new GP at the surgery who was a colo-rectal surgeon and has started doing banding and the injection in the surgery so I have an appointment with him next Friday for him to see how bad they are and decide if he can do it in the surgery or refer me for a full heamarroidectomy which would need to wait until I finish breastfeeding.

NMA, yours sound just as bad as mine so if they are still painful I would definatly go back and ask for something to be done. From experience (I have had them for years) they don't go away when they reach s certain stage.x

I have had internal piles for over 6 weeks now and the anusol cream just makes them sting. :-(

You poor thing, you really are going through the mill with piles now as well :hugs: Avoid constipation like the plague as you dont want to end up like me. three weeks till my doc appt and praying they can band mine as i dont want the major op. if the swelling goes away on its own am prepared to wait it out but like you am angry at lack of care from midwives which led to this. am tired of hearing different timescales as to when they will go and then they still here when that timescale goes by - its like professionals not knowing what they are doing. I was in tears over them yest wondering if will ever be the same again :cry:

I have had internal piles for over 6 weeks now and the anusol cream just makes them sting. :-(

Read about the HALO procedure which is supposed to be less painful. I will be asking my GP to refer me to a surgeon who can do this if its something suitable for me.

:cry::cry::cry: need hugs as piles causing me pain, b4 they were painless - external ones but went out for day on birthday and wasnt as careful re fiber and consequently piles now worse and they hurt. Dont look like theres a clot. Going to get emergency appt with doc if get worse but i just want some tlc. I know doc will say wait few more months but have had enough - be easier if werent prolapsed. feel down as want to nurse for 2 years minimum but if i need surgery as Hannah was advised they wont do whilst am feeding

just looking for hope....:cry:

hugs xx

If any consalotion im in agony and now need surgery for a fissure I have in my rectum. :(

thanks, i shouldnt complain cos its nothing compared to what you are going through. its just been one thing after another, i had hyperemesis, then terrible wait during whole pregnancy as had high nuchal fold and decided to wait it out and now these piles - just upset as if had proper aftercare wouldnt be in this state. its my last baby as i cant go through preg again and just feel missing out on my baby as piles ruining my life. hoping pain subsides in few days. not much can do about the swelling.

am trying not to get down as my mother had severe PND and I have always worried about this. although in laws are fine I have no family here or help and with two high needs children cant stay in bed or sitz bath my days away. given up on doc creams weeks back as useless and sticking religiously to my high fiber diet and waiting it out till my doc appt. i know though they will say continue to wait. :cry::cry::cry:

hugs xx

If any consalotion im in agony and now need surgery for a fissure I have in my rectum. :(

thanks, i shouldnt complain cos its nothing compared to what you are going through. its just been one thing after another, i had hyperemesis, then terrible wait during whole pregnancy as had high nuchal fold and decided to wait it out and now these piles - just upset as if had proper aftercare wouldnt be in this state. its my last baby as i cant go through preg again and just feel missing out on my baby as piles ruining my life. hoping pain subsides in few days. not much can do about the swelling.

am trying not to get down as my mother had severe PND and I have always worried about this. although in laws are fine I have no family here or help and with two high needs children cant stay in bed or sitz bath my days away. given up on doc creams weeks back as useless and sticking religiously to my high fiber diet and waiting it out till my doc appt. i know though they will say continue to wait. :cry::cry::cry:

hugs xx

Poor you :hugs:

Piles are evil things - why dont you try what I did and put thrush cream on them? I have NO itching and only mininmal pain since doing it. I know the feeling of how you feel like your not enjoying your baby - I too am in the state because of stupid midwifes making the wrong decisions - they didnt seem to care they have ruined my sex life, ruined me mentally and not to mention mutalated my bum/ vagina because of their neglagence! If I ever become a midwife I will make damn sure I am a bloody good one WHICH LISTENS TO THE MOTHER.... hmm. Try the thrush cream on them. x

I am in bit of a state today, had good old cry over state of my bum and feel bit better. Trying to get fighting spirit back as they were improving albeit every so slowly. Husband said can go private to get them seen to but it would cost a few thousand - am scared of going with nhs after both my birthing experiences but its a lot of money so going to given till christmas and go for the op if no improvement - i would only consider the HALO which i would only be able to get privately so hoping wont need to do this. Will discuss with my GP whether banding would be appropriate for me but to be honest they are very swollen and despite my postings there does not seem to be many women who have had them as severe as mine - i.e prolapsed and huge and recovered. If there are please come out and advise as am desperate!

mine surprisingly not itchy, just sore and painful. thankfully not constipated since that one episode on weekend so hopefully few months may recover.

It is hard as bad birth experiences do ruin your life, am lucky my husband is wonderful but i feel embarrassed, angry and depressed over this.

hugs xx

Piles are evil things - why dont you try what I did and put thrush cream on them? I have NO itching and only mininmal pain since doing it. I know the feeling of how you feel like your not enjoying your baby - I too am in the state because of stupid midwifes making the wrong decisions - they didnt seem to care they have ruined my sex life, ruined me mentally and not to mention mutalated my bum/ vagina because of their neglagence! If I ever become a midwife I will make damn sure I am a bloody good one WHICH LISTENS TO THE MOTHER.... hmm. Try the thrush cream on them. x

I am in bit of a state today, had good old cry over state of my bum and feel bit better. Trying to get fighting spirit back as they were improving albeit every so slowly. Husband said can go private to get them seen to but it would cost a few thousand - am scared of going with nhs after both my birthing experiences but its a lot of money so going to given till christmas and go for the op if no improvement - i would only consider the HALO which i would only be able to get privately so hoping wont need to do this. Will discuss with my GP whether banding would be appropriate for me but to be honest they are very swollen and despite my postings there does not seem to be many women who have had them as severe as mine - i.e prolapsed and huge and recovered. If there are please come out and advise as am desperate!

mine surprisingly not itchy, just sore and painful. thankfully not constipated since that one episode on weekend so hopefully few months may recover.

It is hard as bad birth experiences do ruin your life, am lucky my husband is wonderful but i feel embarrassed, angry and depressed over this.

hugs xx

I am too depressed and embrassed. I wont be having sex for at least 12 months I reckon once I have had the surgery on my bum to get "put right". My sex life might still be ruined though cos I am gaping open (my bits) down there and people keep telling me their girly bits closed up 6 weeks after birth - but mine are still gaping open AND I can see my uretha. Can I asked what happend at both your births? Are you still having sex with the piles? x

Huge huge :hugs: to both of you, I have my next appointment tomorrow so will update after to let you know what they have said. Fingers crossed both of you get a bit more pain free.xx

Nursing so reply short. first labour was induced, reacted very badly to meds, was totally out of it and only on gas and air, was not allowed anything else cos they were worried i may react to it. i was left with a trainee midwife despite been sent to obstetrics cos they didnt know what was happening, trainee was not experienced so i had bad tear - nothing as bad as yours. i also had severe pphaemorrage. i dont know how i nursed after all that, i didnt feel bonded with my bad until months after cos i was so traumtised. all healed well and was ok.

second labour much easier except for this pile issue - didnt know what they were, cream promised by midwife not given to me. i tore again so pile comment was not something i was thinking off, was more worried if my baby was ok cos of the nuchal fold issue- thankfully he was ok.

am healed except the pile issue, my husband is so lovely, am really lucky. i dont have time to dtd nor inclination cos of pile so waiting few more weeks - am 11 wks PP. husband doesnt care re piles, just wants me to be happy but i care and want them gone.

just had rubbish experiences with nhs - they are nothing compared to yours so i shouldnt moan, you really have suffered

hugs xx

I am too depressed and embrassed. I wont be having sex for at least 12 months I reckon once I have had the surgery on my bum to get "put right". My sex life might still be ruined though cos I am gaping open (my bits) down there and people keep telling me their girly bits closed up 6 weeks after birth - but mine are still gaping open AND I can see my uretha. Can I asked what happend at both your births? Are you still having sex with the piles? x

Thank you Hannah, i hope it goes well for you and bless you for replying. guess bad piles like mine not so common as i thought. am scared of surgery as well which is a lot to do with why i am considering waiting if banding not appropriate for me. dont know if they can prolapsed piles if they severe

Huge huge :hugs: to both of you, I have my next appointment tomorrow so will update after to let you know what they have said. Fingers crossed both of you get a bit more pain free.xx

Just looked up prolasped piles on google images - you poor thing! They look awful - I bet it really hurts to sit and poo? Which is what it's like for me apart from I have internal piles you cant see and a huge teat/ hole which needs repairing.......so actually yours may be as bad as mine :(

They arent nice and are sore. were not too bad b4 the weekend relapse re fibre. bit less sore. doesnt hurt to poo as i avoid constipation with my diet - mainly vegetarian diet along with supplements and tons of water. i dont bother with doc creams as useless for swelling in my case. yest was day from hell, i wrecked my car bumper turning into my drive and poor husband had deal with massive meltdown.

trying to sort myself out today and relax. dealing with trying to minimise my pain, then to avoid constipation and wait it out re the swelling. will see what my doc says but pretty sure will say give it another few months which willing to do if not in pain.

its sad but not having anymore children cos preg and labour experiences too much, it shouldnt be like this

Just looked up prolasped piles on google images - you poor thing! They look awful - I bet it really hurts to sit and poo? Which is what it's like for me apart from I have internal piles you cant see and a huge teat/ hole which needs repairing.......so actually yours may be as bad as mine :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"