Horseback Riding when pregnat?

My friend rodeup until her DD. the doctor and MW said it would be more of a shock to her body to just stop.

I rode up until a week before I had dd. I only didn't ride that week due to weather. Granted from 24 weeks my bump was too big to do anything faster than walk... I am still riding now although not so much. Only because I have a baby girl taking up a lot more of my time. Me and my dd are at the yard every day though and as it's coming up to winter, all three of ours will be kept in so I'll still be mucking out three stables, juggling a one year old at 38 weeks. I've been doing it every day since I was 16. Horses won't look after them selves :)

I personally wouldn't risk it. I don't horse ride myself, but I think that even though you think you know your horse, he may still spook, life is unpredictable. It just wouldn't be worth the risk for me:shrug:

My aunt was jumping until about 7 months. My uncle nearly had a heart attack every time! :L
But, I personally wouldn't. Anything could happen, even if the risks are minimal, something serious could happen and I wouldn't want to risk it.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I am still of two minds, as I very much want to continue riding. I am going to work the horses no matter what. I have a appt. With my doctor on haloween, so I will put off riding them until I see him. I know horses are unpredictable, but I also have confidence in myself as a rider. :winkwink:

As far as the no bouncing around I doubt I will have an issue. I would do walk and jog, no crazy stuff. My older mare is smooth as silk. She is one of the only animals I know that people with bad back issues can ride comfortably. We took the truck 4x4 in the mud in the mountains this weekend. If anything shook baby up it was that. Or the BD last night. However I was told to stay off the trampoline.

Doc is going to love the list of questions I have for him this time. If he didn't already have grey hair, he would have after he's done dealing with my pregnancy :dohh:

I wouldn't and a relative of mine has a house and she stopped after 12 weeks. I just don't think it's worth the risk is only 9 months of of your life and I think it's selfish to put a baby in danger. But that's just my personal opinion.
My relative had some of the other girls on the yard ride her horse so he had exercise if that's what your concerned about you could try that

i didnt ride as soon as i found out i was preg i went on one last hour long stroll & that was it. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->