Hospital bag, spd and others...

Catmumof4

Reaction score
Hi all this may turn into a long thread so I'm sorry in advance but best to ask all questions in 1 go!
Iv been suffering horrendously with spd pain this time, never had it this bad before! What can I do to help it? I take cocodamol for other reasons anyway so is there a drug free alternative? I have physio on Wed but worried they won't be able to help because I'm a overweight lady before pregnancy!

Also this is my first elective section what do I pack in my bag?? I will have to stay in a min of 3-4 days after baby born.

Also my appetite is non existent bit worried baby isn't getting the right nutrients any ideas what I can do ? Sorry for the long post xx

Hi

SPD horrendous !! I had it with DD2 and then DS I feel your pain ! The only thing that helped me was pillows and my pregnancy pillow. Take each step up the stairs one at a time . Ask about some support for your bump . Hospital gave me a tuba grip was very uncomfortable though so didn’t use it !

Hopefully the physio will help regardless of your weight , baby should be fine with your lack of eating , usually take what they need first and we have the rest haha

I’ve not had a c section but here is a list of things I took in my hospital bag hope this helps,

Drinks / snacks
Breast pads
Towel
Long cardigan
Flip flops - showers can be dirty looking
Make up bag
Phone charger
Pack of Sanitary towels / maternity pads
Pjs x 2
Underwear / socks
Leggings x 2
Tops x 2 -
Pants x 1 -
deodorant / perfume- roll on got spray
toothbrush
toothpaste
hair brush
Plastic carrier bag for dirty clothes

Baby

Formula
4 Bibs
Nappies
Wipes
4 bodysuits
5 sleepsuits with scratch mitts
Hat
Coming home jacket
Coming home outfit
Dummies
Baby towel
Baby blanket
Socks
Car seat
Baby wash cloths

Sorry just realised you said your first elective section not first baby!](*,) Doh one of them days .

I’d just assume all of the above but extra clothes for yourself and baby !

My appetite is non existent too hon but baby is growing well. I do worry as well tho even tho the growth scans show he is growing well.

Thanks for the replies ladies! I didn't get to see physio because I was in hospital but they have rearranged for Tues which I'm super surprised at how quick that was!

@Babybump87 Thank u so much for the list always good to have a couple just in case I miss something lmfao!

@suggerh

So on packing for the elective... with #1 we had feeding troubles, and the midwives were so snippy about giving formula (that's a whole other story) but eventually they let me have some of their ready made bottles for the boy, they weren't happy though - and every time I wanted one I had to get up and find someone and ask for one.

Now, this time I'm getting ahead of the game and taking formula in so I can say bollocks to them and do whatever seems best for baby. BUT the thought of getting up and dragging myself to the kitchen post-surgery to sterilise and prep bottles - well, just no. So I've ordered a few boxes of the same ready-made bottles that they gave me in hosp last time - these: SMA® Pro First Infant Milk From Birth 6 X 70ml Starter Pack - Boots

Figure that way I can spend more time in bed and just lean over to grab a bottle to feed baby as it needs. IF it comes to it. Hopefully this one feeds though.

I'm also taking my own ibuprofen and paracetamol, because the midwives were pretty slack about coming round with the pain relief when I needed it. So only gonna be relying on them for the oramorph this time, I'll manage the rest myself.

Other than that I don't really remember needing anything that wouldn't go in a normal labour bag - the bleeding after is pretty much the same, etc, and obviously baby needs the same. Huge pants that go right over the scar, obviously, and really baggy nighties/dresses rather than leggings, that was a help... Really plain soap so it doesn't irritate the wound when you get washed after.

And I'm defs taking a good book, in case there's a wait on to actually get a theatre slot. And snacks and drinks for after coz I'll be starving after fasting all night (hospital lunches just never quite hit the spot).

Oh yeah and also... so they will give you a pair of compression stockings which you wear during and after the op, basically for as long as you are stuck in bed/not moving much. But just the one pair, if anything like my hospital! So if you are staying in for a few days afterwards, you obviously won't wanna wear same socks for like three, four days... maybe have a look online and order yourself an extra pair or two.

I have had 3 sections and I agree with lonewanderer with her list but I’d pack extra maternity pads to put over your scar to keep it dry as the hospital I was in removed the covering after 24hrs and it can sweat under your underwear and pj bottoms xx

Some brilliant ideas there! I'm taking my own cocodamol and ibuprofen for the same reason! The maternity pad for the wound is amazing! X

@LoneWanderer
Oooow where did u buy the pre made bottles hon? Do they come with a teat or do u get them separately?

@LoneWanderer
Oooow where did u buy the pre made bottles hon? Do they come with a teat or do u get them separately?

Boots. Ready teated and sterilised, just take the foil off and pop into baby. I didn't even need to warm them coz they are room temp. Was a lifesaver with #1. Though like I say, midwives were real funny about giving them out so bugger them, taking my own. Got 3x boxes so 18 total. Expensive though - near 8 quid for 6 - but defs worth it if means not up and down with fresh scar!!

Will be doing normal powder formula once home and other half there to help - if baby doesn't feed, that is. Harvesting colostrum too and got tons of that frozen, so one way or another this boy sure will eat :rofl:

Boots. Ready teated and sterilised, just take the foil off and pop into baby. I didn't even need to warm them coz they are room temp. Was a lifesaver with #1. Though like I say, midwives were real funny about giving them out so bugger them, taking my own. Got 3x boxes so 18 total. Expensive though - near 8 quid for 6 - but defs worth it if means not up and down with fresh scar!!

Will be doing normal powder formula once home and other half there to help - if baby doesn't feed, that is. Harvesting colostrum too and got tons of that frozen, so one way or another this boy sure will eat :rofl:

Thanks hon will have a look. Did they have Hiip organic? That's what we want to use for this one.
Tommy had bad reflux and colic from 3 weeks. We tried cow and Gate. And SMA but it made him so bad. In the end we went on to Hiip Organic and that was great.

So gonna use that from the get go this time and they have it up the hospital as well.
Never has problems getting the mild at our hospital. Just pressed my buzzer and asked for it and they wud go and get it.
Also when we went home they have us a few of the bottles to take home with us so didn't have to do any sterilising or making up bottles for the first few days at home.
I was In 7 days in total with Tommy including induction day so I got very friendly with all the staff.
I have to stay in for up to 5 days after the birth this time too. So will probably be about 6 7 days if i Include induction day.

Hope ure OK hon. Noticed u been a bit quiet today in the September group. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->