Hospital bag??

WelshGirl

Mummy at last!!
Reaction score
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone can help me out on what I need for a hospital bag please?!? I've seen loads of different lists, but with all the things they say to take, I'm gonna need a suitcase rather than a bag!!!

Can anyone give me a realistic idea on what to pack please??!!

xxx

There was a simple list in one of the booklets my midwife gave me in the pregnancy pack might be worth having a read through that!!

x

I just looked thru my pack & there's no list there :shrug:

Copied and Pasted mine on here for you!
Hope it helps!

-------------
HOSPITAL BAG

BIRTH
-----

MEDICAL NOTES
IPOD & SPEAKERS
WATER SPRAY
FROZEN BOTTLES OF WATER
BOOKS, MAGAZINES
FOOD, SNACKS
LIP BALM
NIGHTIE
SOCKS
BOBBLES
hair clips
STRAWS
CAMERA
ENERGY TABLETS

SEPERATE CARRIER BAG (for after the birth when you go for your 1st shower!)
--------------------
SHOWER GEL
SPONGE
SANITARY TOWELs
PYJAMAS
KNICKERS
BRA
DEODORANT

ME
--

DRESSING GOWN
BRAS
SLIPPERS
3 PAIRS PYJAMAS
10 PAIRS KNICKERS
3 PAIRS SOCKS
3 PACKS MATERNITY SANITARY TOWELS
BREAST PADS
ARNICA TABLETS
SHAMPOO+CONDITIONER
SHOWER GEL
HAIRBRUSH
TOOTHBRUSH
DEODORANT
TOOTHPASTE
GOING HOME CLOTHES

BABY
----

4 BABYGROS
SCRATCH MITTS
NAPPIES
COTTON WOOL PADS
MUSLIN SQUARES
NAPPY CREAM
CAR SEAT
GOING HOME OUTFIT,HAT,PRAM SUIT
BLANKET

The 1st 2 sets of lists are for labour and you send them home with your OH afterwards then have a seperate small bag or case for the rest, you may not need as many pj's and maternity pads, but I'm just being cautious incase I get kept in!

I packed way too much last time so this time im taking toothbrush, Hairbrush,towels,deo,clean outfit,slippers,pjs,breast pads and thats it and a couple of sleepsuits for baby and a handful of nappys as i took a whole pk last time and was only in for about half a day after birth! Hope this helps a bit x

Thanks for that list - it's looks much more realistic than any other's I've seen.
Quick question tho - what are arnica tablets, and what are they for?

They are a herbal remedy for the pain and bruising after birth, and you should try and get them they are amazing!!

There is a list in 3rd tri i think!!

Arnica's homeopathic and it's fab! But not many people know that mint interferes so if you want it to really help use a different toothpaste while you are taking it and no minty chocs.

Hope it helps!

-------------
HOSPITAL BAG

BIRTH
-----

MEDICAL NOTES
IPOD & SPEAKERS
WATER SPRAY
FROZEN BOTTLES OF WATER
BOOKS, MAGAZINES
FOOD, SNACKS
LIP BALM
NIGHTIE
SOCKS
BOBBLES
hair clips
STRAWS
CAMERA
ENERGY TABLETS

--------------------
SHOWER GEL
SPONGE
SANITARY TOWELs
PYJAMAS
KNICKERS
BRA
DEODORANT

ME
--

DRESSING GOWN
BRAS
SLIPPERS
3 PAIRS PYJAMAS
10 PAIRS KNICKERS
3 PAIRS SOCKS
BREAST PADS
ARNICA TABLETS
SHAMPOO+CONDITIONER
SHOWER GEL
HAIRBRUSH
TOOTHBRUSH
DEODORANT
TOOTHPASTE
GOING HOME CLOTHES

BABY
----

4 BABYGROS
SCRATCH MITTS
NAPPIES
COTTON WOOL PADS
MUSLIN SQUARES
NAPPY CREAM
CAR SEAT
BLANKET

The 1st 2 sets of lists are for labour and you send them home with your OH afterwards then have a seperate small bag or case for the rest, you may not need as many pj's and maternity pads, but I'm just being cautious incase I get kept in!

Sounds like alot there, wouldent she be better to pack a labour bag but have a bag with everything else in at home that her O/H can pick up if needed?

just thinking, with a normal labour, they wont keep you in to long after, maybe one night.

Thanks Enigma - I know they will keep me in at least one night, so I may pack 2 seperate bags to make things easier for o/h if I need extra stuff!

I took a make up bag with soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush etc, maternity pads, breast pads, 2/3 vests and 2/3 sleepsuits for Grace, nappies, nappy bags, wet wipes, nappy cream, nipple cream and nursing bras (if you're breastfeeding), nighties and my notes. Got OH to bring up clothes for me and LO the next day so I didn't have to take 2 bags

Ill be taking a suitcase, but i will be in for at least 3 nights because of the section, so i need to take enough for me and the baby until i come home.
I would leave stuff at home and ask my hubby to bring it, but im leaving him with 3 kids to cope with alone, i think thats enough for him, lol.

i ended up with dh bringing more in i thought i wold be out same day and ended up being in 4/5 days so think carefully about what u need xx

Hope it helps!

-------------
HOSPITAL BAG

BIRTH
-----

MEDICAL NOTES
IPOD & SPEAKERS
WATER SPRAY
FROZEN BOTTLES OF WATER
BOOKS, MAGAZINES
FOOD, SNACKS
LIP BALM
NIGHTIE
SOCKS
BOBBLES
hair clips
STRAWS
CAMERA
ENERGY TABLETS

--------------------
SHOWER GEL
SPONGE
SANITARY TOWELs
PYJAMAS
KNICKERS
BRA
DEODORANT

ME
--

DRESSING GOWN
BRAS
SLIPPERS
3 PAIRS PYJAMAS
10 PAIRS KNICKERS
3 PAIRS SOCKS
BREAST PADS
ARNICA TABLETS
SHAMPOO+CONDITIONER
SHOWER GEL
HAIRBRUSH
TOOTHBRUSH
DEODORANT
TOOTHPASTE
GOING HOME CLOTHES

BABY
----

4 BABYGROS
SCRATCH MITTS
NAPPIES
COTTON WOOL PADS
MUSLIN SQUARES
NAPPY CREAM
CAR SEAT
BLANKET

Sounds like alot there, wouldent she be better to pack a labour bag but have a bag with everything else in at home that her O/H can pick up if needed?

just thinking, with a normal labour, they wont keep you in to long after, maybe one night.

She probably would, but I am super organised and want all my stuff where i know it is!!! My first labour and birth I changed my pj's and underwear 3 times the first night because I just felt yucky
If I don't need it all I'll just bring it home again! and live out of my suitcase for a few days!

Yeah see what you mean there, my first night after was shocking, i dident expect there to be so much blood, lol. Thats what i got for not reading my book properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->