Hot Tubs/Saunas/Steam Rooms

babyhopesxx

Mum of 2 boys
Reaction score
.... are these safe to use during the 1st trimester because i read that they are not as they raise your core temp and this can cause neural defects.

I love using saunas and steam rooms and use them regularly. Plus i'm going to a spa with my sister next week so will have to cancel :(

What do you all think? Thanks.

I personally wouldnt, a warm relaxing bath is just as nice and no worries about harming baby :flower: x

I was in a log cabin over the weekend and there was a hot tub there and it did say in the guide 'pregnant women should not use the hot tub without seeking medical advice'. I used it but then again I would only have been about 4dpo so hopefully far to early to have any damage if I do get BFP this cycle.

Ok i will avoid them from now on. I used the sauna and steam room monday night and every wk before that and now im freaking out ive harmed the baby :(

I would avoid them - especially if the water is 102 F. or hotter.

If you raise your body temp it's the same as getting a bad fever - can cause birth defects and the like. Granted, one time in you'd probably be fine, but I wouldn't risk it.

If you take really hot showers you might notice that they make you dizzy - that's your body telling you to stop. So another option, dip your feet in, or go in for a minute, but if you feel dizzy get out. If you get to the dizzy stage though, it's probably too late. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->