House plants

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
What sort of plants do you ladies have in your houses?

I always found it tacky and strange when my grandma had like 10 plants in her front window lol, but I have become addicted. I only have 3 right now but I am looking for a small tree sort of thing to have in the dining room and for a bonsai for my bedroom!

I currently have an aloe plant (and I use the aloe I get off it, but it's small, I'd like it to grow larger), a money tree (not sure the "real name of it") and a Christmas cactus that is finally blooming!

I have literally had 0 luck at making anything grow outdoors. Had beautiful Boston ferns, heat killed them in the summer. Had Stargazer Lilies, again the heat killed them just before the ferns went. Only my hens & chickens have lasted lol.

I have a big money plant, and I love it!

MIL took cuttings of her money plant the week Ava was born, and gave it too us. She actually got her original plant the week her daughter was born (15 years ago!) :lol: It is supposed to be lucky! And I love that it is the same age as my daughter.

We also have a christmas plant at the moment and a tiny palm tree type thing!

We have all kinds, herbs in the kitchen, orchids in the hallway upstairs, a climber which is DH's and he doesn't know what it is! and a bonsai tree in the living room.

Have hyacinths rooting and daffodils just peeking through now. Have a small money tree, all in the kitchen.

Urgh people keep giving us plants no matter how much i insist i don't want them and i always end up killing them. I have the opposite of green fingers!

I'm not very good at houseplants but i love them lol. I've got a dragon tree that I bought nearly 8 years ago which I managed to keep flourishing but the cats keep attacking it :(

I don't know what it's called :dohh: but its quite small with round thick green leaves. It's a little trooper it doesn't get watered for months on end and just refuses to die.

I just have orchids as they are very low maintenance. All you have to do is give them half an egg cup full of water once a week. Also, once the flowers are gone, you cut the stem down to a couple of centimetres and a new stem with more flowers grows after a few months. You can still kill them if you forget to water them for a few weeks (btdt :dohh:) but if you miss a couple of weeks, they're fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->