Housing association..

J

Jem88

We currently private rent a 2 bedroomed house, are we are quite cramped. We've applied with the housing association and they've put us in band D which is low needs so we can't even bid on anything!.

I know it's because we currently have a 2 bedroomed house but LOs room is like a box, there's no space for another cot, our room will fit a moses basket fine but we'll struggle when it comes to a cot or travel cot.

Downstairs i'm not sure where we are going to put a moses basket & all the other babys things plus LOs toys etc.

Is there anything we can do apart from try and save up another deposit & first months rent and move into another private rented house which is abit bigger? x

My friend had the same problem hun her house was just too small but because it was a 2 bedroom and there was only 4 of them a 2 bedroom is said to house 4.5 (If I remember rightly) and her HV actually helped her with it by writing to them. Can you not get your landlord to give you an eviction notice and say you're going to be made homeless? But ask them not to actually do it until they've found you somewhere incase they don't? The only problem with doing that is I think in emergency housing (which you'd be if you're classed homeless) you have to take the properties you're offered so it might not be where you want etc.x

Hello, where i live we applied to go on the housing list before i was expecting lo and we were band c and didn't stand a chance on successfully bidding on anything. They only upped our points and our band after lo was born and we brought in the birth certificate.

Maybe it's the same rules with your council? Because at the moment until lo is born you are not technically overcrowded. Although you can still build up your time points in the meantime until lo is born.

Ah i didn't think of that, so maybe they'll wait until LO is born and move us into another band where we can actually bid? I hope so. x

goodluck its a bloody nightmare :/

Do what we did, sleep in the living room and have the bedrooms as the kids rooms. If you're sofa sleeping, in a living room and not a bedroom then they should see it as being one bedroom deficient. Even if you had your kids sharing the biggest bedroom you still wouldn't fit a double bed for yourselves in a box room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->