How accurate are scans when it comes to dates?

Sparky0207

Mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
Right, apparently in 27 weeks today.... only im convinced im much further than that!

As I had just gone back on the pill the month I conceived, I find it really hard to believe I caught in that month anyway, but more so than that, I feel a lot further along in myself and my bump is huge!!
Me and OH were both small babies and at first, beanie was measuring small, but she has now shot up and is measuring 2 weeks ahead. Im feeling kicks right up in my ribs and have been told for the last 4 weeks that her head has been down as if she is already engaged.

Just wondered if anyone else was feeling like this and also wanted to know just how accurate the scans are?

At my 8 week scan I was told my EDD would be 23rd June. At 20 weeks I was told 29th. My ticker says I am 35 weeks and 5 days today but according to my midwife I am 36 weeks today. Confused? Definately!

Thats just it, I went for an early scan at 5 weeks when they dated me to 5th August, then at my 12 week scan they pushed it back to 29th August, then at my 20 week scan she said I was nearer 22 weeks but she would leave my date the same! Very confused!!

I think the problem with changing the dates all the time is that they're basing it on the measurements of the baby but there can be variation in how the baby grows. I'm very confident about my conception date so it'll be interesting if during the scans they try and give me a new date. My periods were super regular.

They do change dates all the time and it gets so confusing! I had only started taking the pill again on the day of my period, then 4 weeks later I had my BFP, 3 days before I was due on so I think we conceived the month before, which would make my initial date much more accurate.
Well, I guess only time will tell!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->