How Accurate Is A NHS Dating Scan?

Doesn't matter if it is NHS or Private - it is 95% reliable.

I agree, they all go by the same data

So what's the most that a dating scan done at 10 weeks could be out either way? Thanks

generally at that time they are pretty accurate its later on when you get past 20wks that the genetics start to take over and its hard to get the dates right.

Yup... At 8-10 weeks the baby is developed to a certain point, since its such a criticle time in developement there isnt much room for time change. Maybe a day or 2.

As the baby gets older it is harder to tell because every baby is a different size etc depending on the genetics.

At ten weeks is going to be 95% right as Kat said. I had an early scan at 7+2 at which point they dated me. I had another scan at 13 wks and they changed my dates slightly. I asked the m/w about it and she said around 12 weeks is the best time.

Can I ask why?? At the end of the day the dates dont really matter that much unless you go over due. The baby will come when its ready!!!

x

sorry to butt in would my date be accurate as i didnt have my scan till he was 19 weeks!!

x

I had a scan at the EPU when i thought i was 8 weeks and they moved me back by just over a week.

Went for a private scan when i thought i was 12 weeks and they confirmed that my dates were correct.

the date they give you can be anything up to 2week forward and 2weeks back, but they are quite good

i had a scan at 7 weeks and then at my 12 week scan they put me forward a week. I know the first date was right. They can be out by a fair bit but thats not usually till the later scans :)

sorry to butt in would my date be accurate as i didnt have my scan till he was 19 weeks!!

x

I have read that after 13 weeks gestation it is harder to determine the age due to the fact babies grow at different rates!! But it wont be much out!!

My friend didnt have a scan till she was 21 weeks and LO came around her due date :)

My baby came exactly on the EDD I was given at my 12 wk scan.

xxx

All I know is that the earlier scans are supposed to be more accurate. As I had no LMP date to go by, I had an early dating scan where they put me at 7+3. At my 12 week scan they thought I was actually about a week further gone than that, but at my 22+3 scan they said that they are going to stick to the original date I was given.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->