How am I ovulating on cd 38?

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
AF is late again. I'm on cd 38. I've taken a pregnancy test and it's negative. I took an ovulation test as I've had loads of ewcm and it's positive. Is it possible to ovulate at this time of cycle? I'm confused. Last week I was having PMS symptoms and felt sure AF was on the way, and now I'm ovulating on cd 38?!
20210524_183940_copy_1512x2016.jpg

Did you ovulate around the time you was meant to?

With my youngest son, my pregnancy wasn't picked up by a pregnancy test. They were all negative but yet ovulation test was extremely bright. Left it a few days and then the pregnancy test picked up the bfp x

Did you ovulate around the time you was meant to?

With my youngest son, my pregnancy wasn't picked up by a pregnancy test. They were all negative but yet ovulation test was extremely bright. Left it a few days and then the pregnancy test picked up the bfp x

I'm not sure if I ovulated when I was meant to or not as I didn't test. Yikes, I didn't know they could detect pregnancy that well!

No neither did I, My posts have been deleted now because it was along time ago and an old profile so can't even find it for you.

Fingers crossed you get a bfp in 10 days time if you are ovulating now xx

I'm not sure if I ovulated when I was meant to or not as I didn't test. Yikes, I didn't know they could detect pregnancy that well!

Sometimes your body can try to ovulate and then fail so it maybe that this happened so it’s trying again?

In December I ovulated on cd38! I had like 2 weeks of opks that kept trying to go positive but never did and eventually got the positive on cd37, think I ovulated cd38. It's why I started temping!! Hope you get answers soon xx

I ovulated CD37....last month CD33, the day AF was due. I know because of EWCM and ovulation pain. When my cycle didn't come again this time, I grabbed some OPKs when I noticed EWCM and stick was definitely positive. Threw in one BD. We'll see how this ends! I've taken like 6 pregnancy test lol And my OPK was lighter the next day. So....juuuust waiting

I think you can ovulate at any time Bev. Are you TTC? If so..now is the time! If not you may have to wait 14 days now for AF.

I think you can ovulate at any time Bev. Are you TTC? If so..now is the time! If not you may have to wait 14 days now for AF.

I'm not TTC. On cd 40 now. AF is never normally this late, yikes! Roll on 14 days. It really confused me as I had normal pms symptoms last week and then suddenly they go away and I'm ovulating!

I think some cycles can just be wonky. Your body can try to ovulate more than once like some of the others said.

@Bevziibubble Did you happen to get the Covid vaccination? This threw my cycle off for 2 months. I kept thinking af was going to arrive and for two months she was late. The same thing happened with a coworker that got the vaccination.

@Bevziibubble Did you happen to get the Covid vaccination? This threw my cycle off for 2 months. I kept thinking af was going to arrive and for two months she was late. The same thing happened with a coworker that got the vaccination.

no I haven't had the vaccine but I've heard it has thrown off people's cycles though. Hopefully it was just a wonky cycle!

im glad I’ve stumbled across this. Can I ask which vaccination you got? Are you in uk? Did you have any other symptoms in your cycles that you don’t normally get? I’ve posted earlier about lower abdominal pain. Thanks x

@Mrs Mac I am in the US and got the Pfizer vaccine. The only difference in my cycle was that it was 11 days late after the first shot and 10 days late after the second shot. I was using opks and got my surge late both months. I also felt off and on cramps and was sure af was going to show each day. My coworker got the Moderna and had a very similar experience.

@Mrs Mac I am in the US and got the Pfizer vaccine. The only difference in my cycle was that it was 11 days late after the first shot and 10 days late after the second shot. I was using opks and got my surge late both months. I also felt off and on cramps and was sure af was going to show each day. My coworker got the Moderna and had a very similar experience.

Many thanks for replying. I got the same one as you. Same date as ovulation this cycle.
Went straight from negative to peak but that was before the vaccine. I’ve had cramps the last couple days and I never get cramps! Was just curious thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->