How are u making Christmas dinner?

I will go to my mums for Xmas dinner and OH goes to his mums. Then we take it in turns visiting at tea. This year it's my turn to go to his mums for tea. This is if my baby is here, I'm due dec22nd so who knows? My mum is 16 miles away from our house and around 18-19 miles from the hospital. Whereas OH mum is 2 mins away from us and 5 mins away from hospital. Fingers xed my baby is here though and I'm feeling fine xx:hugs:

I'm not making Christmas dinner at all. Everyone brings something so no one is stuck with everything. Hubby does the turkey and I usually make two cheesecakes. We do this for every thanksgiving and Christmas.

I cook all the dinner. I don't have anything else to do on Christmas day! Once we have children I will be busier but the dinner is the main part of our day at the moment xxx

We cook every year for my parents, sister and BIL, this year there will be 6 adults, 2 toddlers and 2 newborns. I honestly really enjoy it and DH does an awful lot so there isn't a huge pile. most of the prep is done on Christmas Eve, I make the soup, cook the turkey and ham and on Christmas Day it's mostly potatoes and veg and getting the table set. My sister brings desserts and my mum does the stuffing, I wouldn't have a clue where to start with those!

I'm due Xmas Day... And I always do christmas lunch for me, my mum and whoever else wants to come. I'm approaching it the same as everything else, business as usual, I figure Para will turn up when he's ready and my mum's isn't far from mine anyway.

I'll be 31 weeks at Christmas time and we live in Australia so it is very possible the temperature will be 35+ degrees Celsius (95+ degrees Fahrenheit). My SiL has declared she won't be doing Christmas dinner this year even though I am pregnant and have an toddler and she has no children. On top of that, I am expected to have my 86 year old MiL stay with us for three weeks and she needs help with everything. She can't even boil the kettle any more because she is so frail she might burn herself. It's going to be an interesting (exhausting) Christmas!

Anyway, as you can see, I am a bit annoyed about it all :haha:

Anyway because of the weather, I'll probably try and make sure that some of the dishes are really easy (eg fresh prawns- so no cooking) and we are buying a ham so I'll only be actually cooking one or two meats (probably duck and something else). DH can help with veges and salads and if anyone complains about any of it, they are going to feel the full force of my pregnant, hormonal rage! :haha:

We're going to my mum and dads this year. We'll have the morning at home for DS to open his pressies and have his nap, then head over at oneish for lunch, then stay over night. My mum does a famous cooked breakfast on Boxing Day! I can't wait as my sister and her husband are also staying and it'll be the first Christmas in years that we're not all leaving to visit others in the evening. We'll be heading to the in laws on Boxing Day afternoon, then home for DS's bedtime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->