How are you all BDing?

AmySan

Reaction score
Soooo, when I got pregnant with my ex last September (2012) and miscarried Nov 2rd (well, that was when I found out h/b had stopped :cry: ) we had sex every day 4 days in a row, skipped a day then again, this was right before ovulation and the skipped day was after, I am pretty sure - was using cheap dollar tree tests back then.

Now, Mike and I's first 2 cycles, we BDed in December: CD 5,6,7,8,11,12,14,15 and 16, with a positive OPK on CD 14 - January CD 8, 9, 10 & 11 (had an early positive OPK)

Since then, I have talked with the nurse practitioner at my OB's office, and she is swearing by sex every other day from CD 8 to 18 - I'm not sure if 18 is necessary if taking OPKs but..lol - and I get hesitant at every other day only because I feel like I am missing a day, even though I know sperm live up to 5, but more likely 48..and it is better for the break to ensure more sperm, etc...

Long story long - who has successfully gotten pregnant doing every other day - and how are most of you ladies trying? Daily, Every other, etc?

I'm familiar with the sperm meets the egg plan...I think...every other day until positive OPK, then every day, right?

What do you all think? I want to give this cycle it's best shot! On CD4 now :)

:hugs:

When i got pregnant it was mostly daily, every once in a while we would skip a day.

I do every other day from day 9 (last day of my Clomid) until I get a positive opk then it's everyday for 3 days. Honestly it's 12 or a dozen (aka the same thing) it all depends on your drs school of thought as to which one they think better. The idea with every other day is its suppose to allow the guy to build up better sperm count numbers. He might make twice as many spremy doing it every other day but you have twice as much in you from doing it everyday. So in the end they pretty much have the same result. If your good with everyday then I say do it. If after a while you feel like you need a BD break doing it every other day has the same results :)

I read some credible studies that said there's not really any difference. You're just as likely to get pregnant either way. That said I've been leaning towards everyday because why skip a chance (is what my brain is saying).

We did every other day and were pregnant quickly:)

we do every other day, only because he works 24 hours shifts as a firefighter and isn't home every night. :)

We were told from days 9 to 20 one month BD on the odds and the next month BD on the evens. The sperm can live for 2 to 3 days so every other day gives him time to have a higher count and so more hang around for a couple of days.

I'll admit though - there are some times that we BD 2-3 days in a row cause we are in the mood. (;

Hi both times i conceived i did the smep plan. So every other day & wen get positive opk 3 days in a row, miss a day & then once more. Worked both times

I just had sex when I wanted it.. which as it turned out. Was most days.

I've ttc twice by dtd every other day. Got pregnant both times. We didnt even do extra over ov, just every other day from cd 8 or 9 until after ov. Currently doing it for a third time as I've had a mc so fingers crossed third time works too! Good luck!

The fact that you ladies can dtd that many days in a row is impressive. Honestly, this cycle I ovulated on CD 19, we BD ON CD 18,17, and 15 and we both were close to death lol. I know I didn't answer your question, but I know every other day ensures that "good" sperm is waiting for the egg. Every day is a bit much but just input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->