How are you all doing at work?

MindUtopia

Reaction score
With my first, I was self-employed, so I worked from home 100% of the time and could make my own schedule, so I had a lot more flexibility in my schedule and it was easy to plan around days when I felt particularly bad.

With my second pregnancy (which ended in mc at 11 weeks), I was working in my current position (it was only in the spring), but I hardly had any symptoms (I suspect because things weren't going well). I was tired, but it was fairly manageable, even with the early mornings and late nights. I leave at 5:45am and don't get home until at least 7pm 2-3 days a week. The other days I work from home 9-5.

But this time, I am definitely feeling it and the long hours and long commute are rough. I had a conference call at 9:30 this morning. Woke up feeling rough, managed to get down a coffee, perk myself up, only to call my colleague and she had to re-schedule to the afternoon. Which is great, because I'll feel better, but just the effort of trying to get myself to a state of functioning so I could get through the meeting...now I'm exhausted!

I'm definitely feeling it this time around in a way I didn't before because I was lucky to have such flexible hours. I still have pretty flexible hours and can work from home any day I like, except I can't do it every day, so I still have to travel into the office a few days a week and it's a long (3 hour) commute, which is why I leave so early and get home so late. Just really needed a rant! I know it will get better. I felt pretty great by 14 weeks with my daughter and had so much energy and actually got so much work done when I was pregnant (being self-employed then). It's just right now....ugh.

How are you all feeling?

I'm a nurse and I work 12 hour shifts on a very heavy ward. We've been terribly short staffed recently and I'm really struggling. My uniform is very heavy and I'm too hot all the time. I can't take my rest breaks and I'm regularly leaving 11/2 - 2 hours after I'm supposed to finish. I'm getting so many migraines and everything hurts. I cannot wait for second tri so I can feel better for a while.

Mind- same here! I was right with my first but almost no symptoms with my last which ended in mc, this time around feels like the first time as feel exhausted and sick... only thing is I don't have any advice how to get through it! I work from home mainly too but I feel rough in the afternoon and better in the morning so I try and schedule my stuff around it..

Annie don't know how you are coping as a nurse! I'm so queasy this time around that alone would Send me over 😂

I'm just hanging on for the next tri tbh!

Definitely struggling in the work arena too -_-

I want to be super productive over the next few weeks before I tell my boss, so that I can demonstrate that I'm still a fully functioning part of the team even though I'm pregnant. But the last week or so I've been so exhausted it's hard to keep my eyes open or focus on anything. Lunch time naps in my car help, but morning sickness has just started to settle in and I don't know how I'm going to work around being exhausted AND spending half the morning in the bathroom...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->