How are you all playing with your babies?

mommytashaX2

Reaction score
I was just wondering what everyone else does with their babies when they are awake... I usually read to Jaedan and sing songs. I just got a new toy for him that says basic baby words when you press the buttons (mommy, daddy etc.). I feel like I'm running out of ideas and I want to make the most of the time we have together.. Does anyone have any suggestions? Even if you just want to share what you do with your babies, that'll be fine. Thanks ladies :)

Letting her talk to that other baby in the mirror is a popular one with my baby! lol Also she's just starting to like peek-a-boo. Also, just talking to her keeps her pretty entertained or making silly faces at her and letting her try to copy.

Sorry, there were a lot of "alsos" in my last post. It's late here, I'm not thinking well! lol

Coltons a bit older, but he likes when I'm talking really loud and jump towards him.. sounds a bit odd though.. :rofl:
He also likes to be tickled and I give lots of big kisses and repeat words to him.. all kinds of things..
Anything that makes him laugh!

I play with her with her jumper and doll. I talk to her and make faces at her.

I talk and sing.He is not awake a lot,so I also have my cuddles with him when he is awake.I have tried reading but he does not seem to be interested.I also have a baby song dvd which he will watch for 2minutes before getting bored.I also do tummy time which he is starting to enjoy. Not much but he is only 3 months,so its okay.

I talk to charlie loads , he has only about 10 mins tummy time then most of the day hes either in his bouncer which has a bar of toys on it which he plays with and now keeps pulling off lol and i put a blanket on the floor and get rattles and teddys and teething rings and he plays with them he also has this lucky key toy which talks and flashes when he presses the buttons which he loves other than that im bounce him on my lap and tickle him which makes him laugh . Sometimes he watches the tv for a bit too its really strange cos if i turn it on to a kids channel he turn to watch it straight away you wouldnt think thed notice much difference at 4 months lol xxx

I am talking so much to my LO that i only realise when my OH laughs...we sing...read...do some baby talk:) Otherwish he is playing with his activity gym or his rainforest cradel...for some reason he gets bored of rattles...xx

I'd say around 2 months tummy time was her favourite!

Tummy time is still one of her favourites. She loves being on her playmat because it has a big mirror above it. She can hold and play with toys now which makes it easier. She has a piano type thing from the Early Learning Centre which she loves. The keys are so light she can already press them. Her door bouncer is a hit too. My sister plays with her in the mirror alot, that makes her giggle!

We sing and read stories too! Poor kid. My singing is AWFUL.

I just talk to her and sing , tickle her and roll around with her :lol:
Its hard as i have another so alot of the time she will be playing with her toys or under her play mat when im playing with carly :)

I sing to him, read. Play in the mirror. He has a mobile above his cradle and loves to watch that. Every morning I lay him on his playmat and massage him and then he has some tummy time.

She "helps" me around the house, and I talk to her as we do things. Mentioning colors and shapes... we sing simple songs.

She has some alone time in her crib, with her crib toys (her crib sits behind me at work so I'm right next to her, but not 'engaging' her).

At night when we get home we read, have some time checking out the baby in the mirror, we check out Pooh, and I touch her a lot. Not really formal massage, but close.
:hug:

I usually lie max either in his play gym and he kicks and bables away or in his jump-a-roo

but with mum he gets to bounce and jump in the air ..fly like a plane ,get his toes eaten and licked by my dog and his fave thing is when you blow on him he gets all excited and giggles

"tummy time"...putting them on their tummies???? right?? (excuse me if i'm asking a very obvious question!!!!..

what age can they start to go in door bouncer thingies?

I usually lie max either in his play gym and he kicks and bables away or in his jump-a-roo

but with mum he gets to bounce and jump in the air ..fly like a plane ,get his toes eaten and licked by my dog and his fave thing is when you blow on him he gets all excited and giggles

Oooh, Colton loves this aswell except I'm the one that bites him :D He laughs every time.
I will bite on his feet, or the bottoms of his legs.. I can also bit on his arms, his hands, and recently I'm even gotten his cheeks.
He loves it, cracks up.. and after I bite him I will go "mmm.. goood!" and he just laughs like crazy!
:cloud9:

"tummy time"...putting them on their tummies???? right?? (excuse me if i'm asking a very obvious question!!!!..

what age can they start to go in door bouncer thingies?

When they have awesome head and body control... usually around 4 months or so. Too soon and they'll just lean around...

You can start trying around 3.5 months and see how he likes it... I just wouldn't keep him in there if he didn't like it.

And yup tummy time is play time on baby's tummy :) helps a lot with flat-head syndrome and helps develop the upper body and neck :)
:hug:

We play on a blanket on the floor, he does roly-polies, sit ups, stands, gets tickled, kissed, tummy blown on , sing songs etc, he has a rainforest play gym and a playnest. He also has a rocker with playbar & a bumbo with tray to play with his rattles & teethers.
One of his favourite toys is a 'Rebecca' which he unfortunately scratched the other day & made her bleed!(those darn fingernails - I can't keep up!:dohh:)

I got given a Barney that sings and whenver he gets himself into a state, we just play barney and he immediatly calms down. Barney has an umbrella which he moves from side to side and his favourite thing is grasping onto that and trying to stop it moving.

We bought him a mini-Barney fluffy toy last week and he loves cuddling it, its the cutest thing. Won't let it go. We use it as a puppet, talking while moving it around.

Then he has his play mat which either he is on his back smashing his toys around or on his tummy staring into the mirror. We also have a seat for him which has little round things on the front which he plays with.

His dad blows on his stomach making funny noises and it just makes him giggle like crazy. He also likes being held in the air looking down at us.

You have all given me some great ideas that I am looking forward to trying out with Jaedan. Most of the things that I do with him (aside from what I've mentioned) are using myself. Like using my fingers and just wiggling them around, he gets so excited with the simplest things. I guess I'm looking for things that I could do that stimulates his brain.. That's why I started with the books etc.

I sing a lot to my baby girl, she loves it.
I also cuddle and kiss her so much she knows she's secure.

Her activities:

I just put out the play mat activity center since she approaching 2 months and she's responding very well to it.

Her little hands and legs are always up in the air even though she can't reach it yet fully, but she's trying. Watching all the colors and enjoying the musical sounds.

I do tummy time on the Boppy to strengthen her neck for about 5 mins.
everyday.

Most of the time she's sleeping, but we have a lot of fun together.

Night time:
I read sometimes or I will put on the sound sleeper.

Mello

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->