How are you experiencing your 2nd/3rd/4th... pregnancy?

j1405

Mum to Ethan and Ruben
Reaction score
Hi ladies

I'm almost 6 weeks with my second. I have read and heard that mom's tend to be less "involved" with their second pregnancy in the sense that they don't really care much to track weekly progress, take bump photo's etc etc.

Now I don't know, but for me this pregnancy is just as special as my first and i'm super excited to see our baby for the first time and to share ultrasound pics with family and to take bump photo's... Is it really just me?

How are you experiencing your pregnancies after your first?

I'm pregnant with my 2nd and I must admit I'm not as attentive to it as I was my 1st. I haven't taken any real bump photos yet, with my first I had about 100 pregnancy apps with I'd check everyday for updates. This time I'm lucky if it's once per week!
It's not that I don't care as much and it's less special, I'm just too busy. I could forget I'm pregnant most of the time. Especially as there isn't a lot happening at this early stage.

I'm pregnant with my 6th and my oH and I rarely discuss it and I haven't looked up weekly progress etc yet, but I'm sure I will! I'm so busy I don't get time to think about it. Life is hectic, lol. x

I'm feeling the same excitement as I was with my first as well.

One thing I've noticed is that I'm not as scared or nervous. I mean, I'm still nervous (have my first scan tomorrow) but I was a nervous wreck last time. It was bad.

I think because I feel lucky enough that I've already got one healthy little Bub, that it's not so bad this time.

Okay! Guess it does depend on how busy one is and how many kids you already have.

I have a 3 year old son so its been a while since i've been pregnant which is probably why I feel so excited about this one!

I hear you buffy, same here. I had almost no symptoms with my first and getting to 12 weeks was extremely stressful, but this time around i'm taking it easier as well and not that worried. Please post a pic of your scan :D

I'm on my fourth pregnancy (two living, two deceased, and one - I think! - in the belly), and DH and I are still very excited about another, though I don't dedicate as much thought to this babe. With my first, I was obsessive about the pregnancy. It was literally the only thing I could think about! This round, I'm taking lots of time to appreciate the beauty of pregnancy and trying not to stress over how it's all going. It's hard finding the balance. :blush:

I'm on my 3rd this is very much a personal thing I think. I def didn't read as much with 2nd & this one but only because I'm much more confident. With 1st I didn't have a clue about anything. I'm not less into it just more sure of myself x

I'm on my sixth pregnancy, hopefully third takehome baby. I'm also not as watchful of my diet like I was the first couple times. I mean I still avoid most of the no-no foods but I do eat deli meat occassionally, like once or twice a month, and drink pop with caffeine in it once a day (I get migraines if I don't). I am more relaxed about doctor appointments because I've already been there, done that twice. I was edgy in the beginning after having three losses but now that I've had an ultrasound with a healthy heartbeat, it is not on my mind every second of the day. DH rolls his eyes when I try to talk about it.

This is my 5th pregnancy - two live children - every pregnancy I've been just as interested and excited. Even though I've read everything a million times I still like reading :p

Difference is I'm more anxious this time around because of the two consecutive losses last year so if anything I think about it WAY more than the previous ones including my first. Can't wait for April!

So with my first I was VERY active in checking weekly updates.. Taking bump pics and all. My second I was so obsessed with her being a girl (my first is a boy) that all I did was do those gender quizes all day lol! I was also tired and always thought I looked crappy. So I never took bump pics.. THIS time is my third and its a huge surprise that I'm pregnant (even tho the timing is terrible). I'm sooo excited again! I'm checking updates.. Taking bump pics every single week. Doing online quizes. We haven't discussed names quite yet but I'm sure it'll come up soon. We are doing team yellow this time and I couldn't be more thrilled!

Third pregnancy here. Im just as excited, but I agree, Im just way to busy to focus on it. I will check my app every few days to a week, just to see whats going on, because its fun, and I forget what happens each week, but thats about it right now. We talk about the baby, but Im not obsessive like i was with my first.

I think a big part of it too is you just get more comfortable with your body and whats happening. Other than being incredibly tired and feeling like my chest has been beaten with a bat, I dont have the constant reminder that I am pregnant. The stress of the first kiddo just isnt there. Im way more relaxed and its so nice!

I dont think Ive ever done "bump" photos because Ive always had a "bump", its called 54790257 too many tacos. :haha: Its usually not until closer to the 3rd tri that anyone can even tell Im pregnant so I dont bother.

Im am super excited to see baby for the first time and to feel those first kicks. <3

3rd pregnancy here too. I had my daughter in 2012 and my son in 2010. Main differences I have noticed is that I am way more bloated than either pregnancy and a lot less sick. No m/s yet!

I just wonder more what the baby will look like and if he/she will resemble there siblings etc. really exciting :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->