How are you getting ready for ttc?

Hi guys :) I'm really new to all of this so I'm definitely getting some ideas from you!

We are starting TTC in January so I've just started taking a folic acid + iodine supplement. Starting temping this cycle to know whats happening too. Back around 5 years ago I came off the pill because it was really not agreeing with my body anymore so I temped back then to make sure everything was working, it got back to normal after a year but I did notice that my Luteal phase is kind of short, around 10 - 12 days, do you think that might be a problem?

My cycle can vary from 28 - 32 days so I want to see if I can get it to be more consistant. Every 3 cycles or so it's longer but mainly its 28 days.

Aside from that I'm working on fitness and getting healthy, I have some debt I would like to clear before we have a baby so focusing on that too, and trying to get more savings behind us too.

Hi guys :) I'm really new to all of this so I'm definitely getting some ideas from you!

We are starting TTC in January so I've just started taking a folic acid + iodine supplement. Starting temping this cycle to know whats happening too. Back around 5 years ago I came off the pill because it was really not agreeing with my body anymore so I temped back then to make sure everything was working, it got back to normal after a year but I did notice that my Luteal phase is kind of short, around 10 - 12 days, do you think that might be a problem?

My cycle can vary from 28 - 32 days so I want to see if I can get it to be more consistant. Every 3 cycles or so it's longer but mainly its 28 days.

Aside from that I'm working on fitness and getting healthy, I have some debt I would like to clear before we have a baby so focusing on that too, and trying to get more savings behind us too.

Hello Sheece and welcome along :flower: well done on coming off bc and getting all straight! I so wish I had done that too.... and can't believe I didn't learn my lesson ttc the first time and went back on the pill afterwards as it's messed up my body AGAIN!

Tbh I don't know much about how to lengthen a LP as my problems are around ovulation. If nobody can help you here it may be worth asking in the TTC forum? But do keep us posted on how you get on :)

xx

Hello Sheece and welcome along :flower: well done on coming off bc and getting all straight! I so wish I had done that too.... and can't believe I didn't learn my lesson ttc the first time and went back on the pill afterwards as it's messed up my body AGAIN!

Tbh I don't know much about how to lengthen a LP as my problems are around ovulation. If nobody can help you here it may be worth asking in the TTC forum? But do keep us posted on how you get on :)

xx

Thanks Scarlett P :) The pill thing is so hard though, we're told for so long its fine and safe and its an easy way of contraception, but everyone reacts so differently to it. I'll never go back to it.

At least you definitely know now it is the pill causing you problems? sometimes these things just need to be tested I guess!

Your LP is just fine hun! You would want to look into lengthening it if it was less than 10 days. Beat of luck when you start TTC!

Your LP is just fine hun! You would want to look into lengthening it if it was less than 10 days. Beat of luck when you start TTC!

Thanks for easing my mind kksy9b ! :flower:

Hi and welcome! :) your cycles sound just fine, my luteal phase is about 12 days I think, so 10-12 sounds great! Not long for you now, it will fly by! Good luck!

Hello!

I have some things I want to do before TTC to get ready. We want to TTC in June 2016.

I plan on starting prenatals in a couple months and getting a physical done at the physicians to make sure I'm in good health.

A couple months before hand I'll have to have my IUD removed, I'll want to have a couple cycles for everything to get back to normal.

I'd like to start eating healthier and getting more active. Last pregnancy my blood pressure was kind of high, not preeclampsia but enough to require regular monitoring and I am overweight so changing my lifestyle would be beneficial. I'd love to lose some weight beforehand too but I'm reluctant to put a number on it because I've always struggled with weight loss and don't want to feel pressured to make a certain goal as that makes me stressed and more likely to fail. So instead I'm going to focus on getting healthier overall. I'm thinking of trying a vegan diet again, I've done it before and felt great while on it.

Financially DH wants to find a full time job so I can stay at home. And lastly there are some house improvements we'd like to get done which will at least keep my mind off babies a bit.

Hello Amarna and welcome along :flower:

Oooh what house improvements are you planning on? That's my big thing to keep my broody brain busy. We've got so many half finished things from before our daughter was born that have driven me mad so currently on a big push to get them all finished before we ttc again! I really want to have some time as family of three before we add a fourth without the stress of DIY when preggers this time.

Sheece, so pleased the other lovely ladies have cleared up your LP question!

Well, sorry for TMI but I think my diet changes have really made a difference :happydance::happydance: lots of EWCM this cycle!!! CD20 and still no O, but temps took a dip today so fingers and toes crossed that O shows up on my chart in next 48 hours or so!

How is everyone else getting on? :flower: xx

Hello Amarna and welcome along :flower:

Oooh what house improvements are you planning on? That's my big thing to keep my broody brain busy. We've got so many half finished things from before our daughter was born that have driven me mad so currently on a big push to get them all finished before we ttc again! I really want to have some time as family of three before we add a fourth without the stress of DIY when preggers this time.

Sheece, so pleased the other lovely ladies have cleared up your LP question!

Well, sorry for TMI but I think my diet changes have really made a difference :happydance::happydance: lots of EWCM this cycle!!! CD20 and still no O, but temps took a dip today so fingers and toes crossed that O shows up on my chart in next 48 hours or so!

How is everyone else getting on? :flower: xx

We just bought a fixer-upper so there's quite a lot. The exterior needs to be painted badly, we'll be doing that in the spring. Interior needs painting too in most rooms, windows need to be updated, ceiling fans we want to put in most rooms and DH wants to add a second bathroom in upstairs. We bought a lovely old colonial inn, it's huge with 5 bedrooms but only one bathroom and it hasn't been updated in quite a while so there's lots to do.

Wow Amarna, it sounds lovely! But also lots of work to keep you busy! Ours is a fixer upper too, only way we could buy something as big as we wanted and we've been slowly chipping away at it. But I'm now desperate to get to a stage where all the unfinished things are finally done so that we can have a break from it for a bit and then save to update our very ugly bathroom. Do you enjoy DIY? x

We are in a fixer upper too! Desperately needs painting, and all the walls have that bumpy paint on them boo. Before baby we would ideally like to have a patio up at the back too, the dirt is horrible!

First project is re-doing the laundry though and we have the paint for that so hoping to have it done by Christmas (we don't work fast around here ;). Going to paint what will be the baby's room at the same time so that excites me :)

Wow Amarna, it sounds lovely! But also lots of work to keep you busy! Ours is a fixer upper too, only way we could buy something as big as we wanted and we've been slowly chipping away at it. But I'm now desperate to get to a stage where all the unfinished things are finally done so that we can have a break from it for a bit and then save to update our very ugly bathroom. Do you enjoy DIY? x

I don't mind some things with DIY. I like painting and decorating/organizing. But most other aspects I don't really care for. Like you said, it's the only way we could afford such a big place. Luckily DH really enjoys DIY and is quite handy so most of the work is something he'll do happily.

Awww Sheece that's exciting about painting your nursery, in our house it's probably the best paint job I did as I so wanted it to be perfect! I spent forever on it!

Well, we've kinda caved and trying to get hold of a decorator for a quote for some of the work we need to get finished. I've realised that our to do list is just too big for us to manage, so just hoping the quote won't be too much for us to pay for! It's not a big job, but it's all the woodwork that would just be impossible to do with our LO in the house, but until we get this done we can't get other stuff done as there's a knock on effect.

Happy Friday everyone! xx

I found there are a lots of things that we can do to prepare for TTC :)
Balance the scale
Less caffeine
Folic acid diet (wholegrain is a nice choice!)
Make sure the vaccinations are up-to-date
See a dentist (I put some related article below)

And here are some articles that I think are helpful

https://www.parents.com/getting-pre...anges-to-make-before-getting-pregnant/#page=1

https://www.bellybelly.com.au/conception/pre-conception-checklist/

And also some stories that during the TTC journey!

https://www.knowhen.com/index.php/2...tory-anything-is-possible-in-your-ttc-journey

Thanks Stefdan! The dentist one is a really good suggestion. I've a friend who was TTC for a few months and nothing was happening. At the same time she was having problems with a tooth causing her a lot of pain. She went to the dentist, had to have it taken out.... next month she got pregnant. She always swears that her body wasn't ready for a bfp cos it was fighting this infection in her tooth!

When are you planning to TTC?

And how is everyone else getting on?

xx

There are lots you can do!

Food-folic acid is important (whole grain is a nice choice)
Here is an article that can help you increase fertility naturally.
https://www.knowhen.com/index.php/2...organic-product-increases-fertility-naturally
Still be careful if you are allergic to anything!

Track Ovulation-Use some ovulation monitors or apps to help you with this! Clue and Fertility Friend are nice.

Exercise-can helps you release stress and sleep better!
https://www.newkidscenter.com/Exercise-While-Trying-to-Conceive.html
here are some tips that can help!

Thanks Stefdan :)

Yes I use FF and exercise every week. Thanks for the info on herbs as I didn't know about some of those. What are you using/doing?

But what I've been doing to far must be working as AF finally arrived :happydance:

How's everyone else doing?

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"