How are you getting ready for ttc?

Scarlett P

Busy baking #2 💕
Reaction score
Hello lovely ladies!

We didn't WTT before ttc the first time round, we just went for it...and after 12 difficult months it turned out we had a few problems. I was diagnosed with "weak ovulation" which I now believe to be low progesterone.

This time I'm hoping to make the most of WTT and hopefully it will happen more quickly for us when we TTC in the New Year.

I came off the pill in August and have been temping but FF took my crosshairs away this morning :cry: have a few cramps and hoping that AF could be on her way... so I know it could just be early days off bc but am worried my hormones are out of whack again (guess I was naive hoping that it would all be fine this time around)

So... sorry for the long post... but this is what I'm doing to try and help things:

Temping and charting CM
Cutting down my cuppas and swapping to decaf
Drinking more water
Wholegrain cereal
Pumpkin seeds first half of cycle
Sunflower seeds second half of cycle
Lots of walnuts (which I can't stand)
Trying to cut down on dairy

Anyone want to join in with what they're doing and share some tips/advice?

:flower: xx

we waited last time but I was extremely negative about it. I'm not thrilled about it this time.

I am working on loosing some weight. I want to be 10st something rather than 11st something.

After christmas I will start taking vits.

We are saving/ trying to get rid of some debts - wish we had done this before DD.

We will be trying next year I think. I ideally want to be off when my daughter starts school in 2017. Also being a nurse I'd love to go off on mat leave around christmas and get to have the following one off as well - that would just be a bonus though

Hello!

How come you don't like WTT? I'm finding it's kinda started the TTC a bit earlier - like I've still got all the waiting without the hoping of a BFP! But then I'm hoping it will pay off.

Guessing will make a big difference money wise with you DD going to school? My DD is a 2013 baby but as she's December she won't go to school until 2018.

So fingers crossed for a BFP for you in Feb/ March time?!

:dust: xx

Hey ladies,

I recently had a miscarriage (three weeks today), and I am waiting for AF to show up. I am 43 with no children and my recent pregnancy was a complete surprise as I thought I could not have children.

So after the extreme excitement of being pregnant, then the crash of losing it I had to refocus my energy before I went insane.

Now that I know I can get pregnant, I will be trying again as soon as I can. Doc suggested I wait until after 1 cycle. I had a slip the other night, but for the most part I am being a good girl ;-).

So we have not officially started yet, so in the meantime I am working on the following:

Fitness - walking 5 miles a day
Eating - I am a vegetarian but need to watch my carbs
Sugar - for the short time I was pregnant I hag gestational diabetes so I am watching my sugar intake
Blood pressure - I was on meds for years, but in the last 3 months I've been off since my blood pressure is good. So this is one of my main focuses. It puts makes me a higher risk pregnancy so with the other changes, I hope this stays under control.
Alcohol - No drinking for me. I am going to miss my red wine while watch Scandal. I love that show!!!

My first post D&C appointment is next week and I will see if the doc wants to put me on any supplements. She said that I am healthy and suspect I can get pregnant again without a problem, but we'll see.

This is a great thread...thanks for posting.

We have a few things we needed in order before we TTC #2. The biggest thing was getting DS fully weaned (which he just did this week) and get his sleep sorted (which has been awesome for the last month). I was worried about him being forced to stop if my supply dried up in pregnancy so happy we won't have to worry about that.

I'm hoping that my cycles and hormone levels balance out now that I'm done BF'ing. If they aren't by the new year than I will go to doc and figure out how to get it back on track.

I'm going to finish off my prenatals and then switch to just folic acid

I'm also working on losing weight. I have 57 lbs off so far and have 9 to go. Have completely changed my diet and am excersising now to give the next baby the healthiest growing place I can.

Need to start increasing water intake. I'm usually okay about it but lately haven't been drinking near as much as needed.

I didn't chart with my DS and I don't think I will this time either. Unless my cycles stay wonky, in which case I will start in January to give a couple months to make sure I'm properly ovulating.

Will start tracking CM in January to get used to my pattern again

We are hoping to start in April right after DS's 2nd birthday

I had a mmc in July and I have to say that it was like having the rug jerked out from under me. We were originally intending to wait until the first of the year so I could heal a bit and we could maybe get our youngest fully potty trained, but we had an accident so we're hoping we caught the egg this month. If not, we'll probably wait a little longer. I'm doing everything I can to ensure this next pregnancy will be healthy.

I'm taking a crap load of supplements this time, per recommendation of my doctor, and I have to say that they really are helping to give me more energy and making me feel better during the day. She has me on:

*A multivitamin with 12 mg of zinc, 18 mg of iron and 400 mcg of folic acid amongst other vitamins in the tablet, but those she believes are most important for me to prevent miscarriage again.

*In addition to the folic acid in the multivitamin she also has me taking an 800 mcg tablet of folic acid so I'm actually getting a total of 1200 mcg.

*I'm also on vitamin b6 25 mg to hopefully help with my nausea and bad morning sickness I get in pregnancy.

*Finally I'm taking 81 mg of baby aspirin to help thin my blood because last time when I miscarried they had a difficult time drawing it out (and I almost passed out because of it). My doctor said maybe that could have caused the miscarriage if my blood was too thick and not enough was going to the baby.

Hey ladies,

I recently had a miscarriage (three weeks today), and I am waiting for AF to show up. I am 43 with no children and my recent pregnancy was a complete surprise as I thought I could not have children.

So after the extreme excitement of being pregnant, then the crash of losing it I had to refocus my energy before I went insane.

Now that I know I can get pregnant, I will be trying again as soon as I can. Doc suggested I wait until after 1 cycle. I had a slip the other night, but for the most part I am being a good girl ;-).

So we have not officially started yet, so in the meantime I am working on the following:

Fitness - walking 5 miles a day
Eating - I am a vegetarian but need to watch my carbs
Sugar - for the short time I was pregnant I hag gestational diabetes so I am watching my sugar intake
Blood pressure - I was on meds for years, but in the last 3 months I've been off since my blood pressure is good. So this is one of my main focuses. It puts makes me a higher risk pregnancy so with the other changes, I hope this stays under control.
Alcohol - No drinking for me. I am going to miss my red wine while watch Scandal. I love that show!!!

My first post D&C appointment is next week and I will see if the doc wants to put me on any supplements. She said that I am healthy and suspect I can get pregnant again without a problem, but we'll see.

This is a great thread...thanks for posting.

Hello JustMe!

So sorry to hear about your loss,
It must have been extra hard as
It was such an amazing surprise. So hope you get your rainbow baby next year. :dust: I'm a veggie who likes carbs far too much too! Good luck at your appt next week, please keep us posted! Xxx

We have a few things we needed in order before we TTC #2. The biggest thing was getting DS fully weaned (which he just did this week) and get his sleep sorted (which has been awesome for the last month). I was worried about him being forced to stop if my supply dried up in pregnancy so happy we won't have to worry about that.

I'm hoping that my cycles and hormone levels balance out now that I'm done BF'ing. If they aren't by the new year than I will go to doc and figure out how to get it back on track.

I'm going to finish off my prenatals and then switch to just folic acid

I'm also working on losing weight. I have 57 lbs off so far and have 9 to go. Have completely changed my diet and am excersising now to give the next baby the healthiest growing place I can.

Need to start increasing water intake. I'm usually okay about it but lately haven't been drinking near as much as needed.

I didn't chart with my DS and I don't think I will this time either. Unless my cycles stay wonky, in which case I will start in January to give a couple months to make sure I'm properly ovulating.

Will start tracking CM in January to get used to my pattern again

We are hoping to start in April right after DS's 2nd birthday

Wow well done on the weight loss that's amazing and also on the weaning. I'm still BF my LO and wondering if that's affecting things. I'm sure I'm having a phantom
Period atm but not sure if it's also coming off bc and also problems I had before. How did you wean your
LO? I was hoping Orla would herself naturally but she's showing no signs of giving up the boob! Xxx

I had a mmc in July and I have to say that it was like having the rug jerked out from under me. We were originally intending to wait until the first of the year so I could heal a bit and we could maybe get our youngest fully potty trained, but we had an accident so we're hoping we caught the egg this month. If not, we'll probably wait a little longer. I'm doing everything I can to ensure this next pregnancy will be healthy.

I'm taking a crap load of supplements this time, per recommendation of my doctor, and I have to say that they really are helping to give me more energy and making me feel better during the day. She has me on:

*A multivitamin with 12 mg of zinc, 18 mg of iron and 400 mcg of folic acid amongst other vitamins in the tablet, but those she believes are most important for me to prevent miscarriage again.

*In addition to the folic acid in the multivitamin she also has me taking an 800 mcg tablet of folic acid so I'm actually getting a total of 1200 mcg.

*I'm also on vitamin b6 25 mg to hopefully help with my nausea and bad morning sickness I get in pregnancy.

*Finally I'm taking 81 mg of baby aspirin to help thin my blood because last time when I miscarried they had a difficult time drawing it out (and I almost passed out because of it). My doctor said maybe that could have caused the miscarriage if my blood was too thick and not enough was going to the baby.

Oh no so sorry to hear about your mmc, it must be awful getting to your 12 wk and hearing that news sending you big hugs.

Wow that's a v impressive list of things you're doing. Really hope they help you get a bfp quickly and a rainbow baby next year.

Xxx

Well I'm struggling with my seed cycling already! Am sure I'm having like a phantom period atm, all the symptoms but no AF. And if I go by my chart before FF took my
Cross hairs away it would have been now. Wondering whether to swap to pumpkin seeds now. Even tempted to buy some vitex but then thinking it's still early days off bc...

Here's me thinking that WTT would
Mean things were less stressful than TTC than last time and already I'm feeling frustrated with the waiting!!

Xxx

Well we've now got to delay things :cry: AND I've got to stop breastfeeding :cry: :cry:

I had laser eye surgery a few years back and turns out I'm one of the unlucky few that have to have it done again. I was meant to have the enhancement surgery spring 2013...but then I got pregnant so had to postpone. So I really want to get it done before ttc again.

BUT they can't do it whilst I'm breastfeeding AND I've got to have stopped feeding for THREE MONTHS before they can do the op :CRY: sooooooo hoping to finish in about two weeks, so I can have my next appointment early Jan. Normally its a month from next appointment to op, so looking at Feb :cry: :cry:

Although I still haven't had AF or O'd since stopping BC so at least it gives me more time to try and get my cycle back on track...

Compared to some of you ladies I'm not doing very much at all! :(

I came off the cerazette pill in May 2015. I'd been on it 7 years and combined with my health/stress, the hormones weren't helping. Considering the earliest we are planning TTC isn't until oct 2016, it was earlier than we planned, but I'm enjoying the time for my body to adjust,

I suffer from ME, migraines and anaemic. I also work really unsociable hours so I don't always take best care of myself (as my partners keep reminding me). Luckily though, with FH2 starting his new job and moving in full time soon, the 3 of us plan to all eat healthier and work together over the next year. I need to watch my diet more to help with my health, and vitamins for the anaemia, and i know FH1 and 2 plan to be gym buddies together :)

I'm with you LucyLadyBug and feel like I'm not doing much yet! Only thing I have done so far is started taking prenatals. I stopped taking birth control pills over 2 years ago because the hormones just weren't corporating with me. Unfortunately I'm irregular but I'm hoping I can fix that (or at least make it a little better) by working on lowering my stress level and eating a little better. I've been cutting out a lot of junk food the past couple of years but I'm having issues getting enough veggies into my diet. My doctor already has offered to put me on something to help regulate my periods, but since I haven't TTC yet I'd rather not take anything just yet.

Hello Lucy and Sweety!

I really wouldn't worry if you're not doing loads as long as you're eating well and taking your vits :) and I think coming off bc loads earlier than planned is DEFO a good thing because it can take a lot longer than you think to get your body straight!

I guess I'm being a little OTT about it all because it took so long last time and I had problems, so this time I want to be more prepared! I think TTC can turn into a science experiment if you find it's taking longer than hoped, so it's no bad thing trying to keep things simple and enjoy it!

I'm rubbish with eating veggies, that's defo one I should add to my list, especially green ones like broccoli!

As you're both quite a way off ttc you could always chart for a few months now to make sure you're ovulating, then once you know that's all ok stop charting when you TTC cos it defo can make it more stressful.

I think I may need to go back to the Drs in a couple of weeks for something to kick start my cycle - CD 50 for me and no O or AF :S

xx

Sorry to hear about having to go back and have surgery again Scarlett. It's also hard because of having to stop BF'ing and all the emotions that come from that.

With us, weaning started with my DH putting my son to bed one night because I was running late on an errand. it was the first time he went to sleep without nursing. So we started not doing the session before bed and having my DH put him down for a week. I would feed him when he woke up the first time after that but after a few days he stopped waking up for a few hours. Most of it happened pretty naturally for him. He gradually started sleeping longer stretches at night until he didn't wake at all so those feedings dropped out on their own. The only one that I really had to "cut out" was the first one of the day. I let him adjust to going overnight without eating for about a week and then cut that morning session. I made sure to make his breakfast right away so that he wouldn't be hungry and want to nurse. Then we were down to just one before nap. Because of timing we had to skip nap one day, and therefore nursing as well. He was totally fine! So we went to every other day for 2 weeks until he acted less like a "give me all the milk you can" machine during feeding and wasn't as interested. Then went to every 3 days. That lasted a week and half. Then went to 4 days and when I offered he had zero interest and that was that. In all, it took about 6 1/2 weeks so was a very slow and gradual process.

You have done an amazing job nursing your DD for as long as you have. You've given her so much of yourself and now it's time for you to take care of you. I promise, it is harder on you than it is on her (coming from a momma who is less than 2 weeks post wean...I still get emotional at times about it but my DS is completely fine and is his normal happy self).

As for cycles, they will definitely be messed up until you are done BF'ing and give them a chance to regulate! Mine disappeared for awhile as well and the doctor said if I went 90 days w/o a cycle then they would kickstart. Hopefully yours will not make you wait as long!

Sorry to hear about having to go back and have surgery again Scarlett. It's also hard because of having to stop BF'ing and all the emotions that come from that.

With us, weaning started with my DH putting my son to bed one night because I was running late on an errand. it was the first time he went to sleep without nursing. So we started not doing the session before bed and having my DH put him down for a week. I would feed him when he woke up the first time after that but after a few days he stopped waking up for a few hours. Most of it happened pretty naturally for him. He gradually started sleeping longer stretches at night until he didn't wake at all so those feedings dropped out on their own. The only one that I really had to "cut out" was the first one of the day. I let him adjust to going overnight without eating for about a week and then cut that morning session. I made sure to make his breakfast right away so that he wouldn't be hungry and want to nurse. Then we were down to just one before nap. Because of timing we had to skip nap one day, and therefore nursing as well. He was totally fine! So we went to every other day for 2 weeks until he acted less like a "give me all the milk you can" machine during feeding and wasn't as interested. Then went to every 3 days. That lasted a week and half. Then went to 4 days and when I offered he had zero interest and that was that. In all, it took about 6 1/2 weeks so was a very slow and gradual process.

You have done an amazing job nursing your DD for as long as you have. You've given her so much of yourself and now it's time for you to take care of you. I promise, it is harder on you than it is on her (coming from a momma who is less than 2 weeks post wean...I still get emotional at times about it but my DS is completely fine and is his normal happy self).

As for cycles, they will definitely be messed up until you are done BF'ing and give them a chance to regulate! Mine disappeared for awhile as well and the doctor said if I went 90 days w/o a cycle then they would kickstart. Hopefully yours will not make you wait as long!

Thank you kksy9b :hugs:

Wow and congrats for going as long as you did and weaning too, goodness it's so hard and I'm going to miss it. We were feeding morning and night, so gone cold turkey with am as she doesn't get it Wed and Thurs when I'm up early for work. I cut that Tues morning and we went straight for breakfast, will miss it tomorrow though as we used to have a family lie in it's the one day both hubby and I are off work.

The pm feed I'm trying to do gradually - 10 mins last night then offered her warm cows milk which she enjoyed while we read a story...

Re cycle I'm wondering if my body it trying to ovulate again as having cramping again... we shall see.

Are you charting your cycles? :flower: xx

Great job so far Scarlett! And hopefully your body is ready to O!

No, I don't chart. My body had always been spot on in a normal 28 day cycle. If it doesn't regulate by the new year, I will probably chart for the 4 months leading up to TTC to make sure I'm ovulating. But for me, it'd way too stressful to do during TTC so would atopnonce confirming ovulating.

Well I think I'll have to call the cramping a pathetic AF - sorry tmi but brown/pink CM but guessing no O means no lining to lose?! So hopefully this will be a better cycle for me.

Weaning is going well, just done to 5 mins in eve. She woke in the night for the first time in ages Tues morning with teething so that was a challenge to not feed her but we got through it and I got her back down again in the end.

How are things with you? Good idea not charting once you're TTC, ideally that's where I'd like to be, knowing everything is fine and then having a relax approach rather than a science experiment!

xx

I didn't shed any lining for the couple months leading up to and during weaning. Just took it as a nice bonus :) This past AF was normal other than much shorter. Taking it as a sign things are balancing. I've heard it can take 3-4 cycles to get your hormones back in line where they need to be.

Well done on being down to just one feeding and making it through teething without. That is a rough one. My LO had always cut teeth early and at 15 months had all but the 2 year molars. He is a TERRIBLE teether so enjoying the break from it :)

Did you chart with your daughter?

Really good to hear that things are getting back on track for you! WOW that's super early with all your LO's teeth! I thought Orla was early (she started at 5 months and since then they've all come through bam, bam ,bam!) although we've had a good break since canines and waiting for molars. She's a terrible teether too, and she can be inconsolable and doesn't want to me held or cuddled. She actually lashes out and throws stuff! Original I wanted to nurse her through these last 4 teeth as it's been the one thing that's always helped pretty much straight away :cry: but the good thing was she wasn't asking for "boobie" when she woke so I guess things are going in the right direction!

I didn't chart for most of my ttc journey last time, tbh I think I was a bit naive until I found this site. The month I got preggers I started charting as I was having acupuncture and the lady doing that asked me to. I wish I had charted sooner as it would have made me realise that there were problems and maybe get help sooner.... although saying that I guess I wouldn't have had Orla if I'd got pregnant on a different cycle.

But that's why I'm charting this time :flower: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->