How are your workouts?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by TMG1980, Mar 29, 2011.

1. TMG1980

TMG1980 Well-Known Member

Hello Ladies.....

I am still really early in my pregnancy, but I am noticing a big difference in my stamina!

My husband and I are pretty active working out 4/5 days weekly.... I use to be able to jog at 4.5 - 5.0 miles per hour for 45 minutes to an hour..... Yesterday I was so fatigued after a 30 minute walk at 3.5 miles per hour!!! I was dripping sweat! My hubby also bought me a heart rate monitor to make sure i was under 140 beats per minute while working out as recommended by my doctor.... I was a 141 at the end of my walk!

My question should I feel this different in my endurance/stamina so quickly?? I was going to ask my doctor but I don't go back for about 3 more weeks!! I want to keep active, but it just seems like it will be less than before I was pregnant, quite a bit less!! :shrug::shrug:

How are your workouts??

2. Waitress

Waitress Well-Known Member

Hi,

For the year prior to falling pregnant I was a full time ironman triathlete. I was FIT, training 25-30 hours per week. Between weeks 4 and 8 of this pregnancy I was like a first time person in the gym who could barely run! My body was zapped (I was also a little apprehensive about how hard to push etc). I kept doing it but it was hard work!

Since 8 week I am practically myself again in terms of energy levels but doing nowhere near the same time and effort. I am exercising because I love it and "need" to do it. I think you'll come good - your body is just saying "Whoa, whats going on here?" - as soon as it settles down you'll feel better.

good luck with your pregnancy :hugs:

3. Kimmi82

Kimmi82 Mummy to baby Faye

I'm a fitness instructor teaching all sorts from aerobics to combat to zumba as well as training my ass off in the gym, I love running and wasn't great at it but used to run 10k in just over an hour every wednesday morning at work, my energy levels plummeted in the first few weeks as I cut out a lot of my own training and kept classes low impact,I think a lot of it was psychological tbh as I was so scared of harming the baby! The last 2 weeks I think everythings settled down and I'm much more energetic, I'm hoping the second tri will be my 2nd wind! :D

4. pcake

pcake Mummy to our pork chop!

I normally do lots of training, but iv been so cautious since i found out that iv not done much apart from walking and i HATE it! I really dont want to get massively out of shape,i want to enjoy my pregnancy and i have no problem with gaining the recommended weight, but already i feel less fit, and i dont want that to continue!! I was thinking of going out for some jogging, rather than the long runs i used to do-do u ladies know if that will be ok? I mean it sounds like it will be as u guys are doing it,i just worry!! xx

5. Waitress

Waitress Well-Known Member

You'll be fine - there's only a risk if you try and do a lot and you haven't done anything before - you're fit and active so you'll be absolutely fine. I am actually quite enjoying "jogging" rather than "running" - I am seeing a lot more and saying hello to a lot more people!!

6. TMG1980

TMG1980 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear!! I am hoping my energy level will be up in a few weeks as well!! :)

About working out My doctor said it is GREAT!! Cardio especially, she told me to go light on weight training after 1st trimester. I was advised to watch my HR to keep it under 140 while working out.... and should try to do about 80% of what I was doing Pre-pregnancy.... The nurse I spoke with later said I should be able to carry on a conversation while working out, but if I could sing to amp it up a bit.....

I feel like I did when I first started working out regularly about 3 years ago! I don't want to feel like that while Pregnant so I am going to keep trying hard and hope my endurance/energy increases as pregnancy progresses!

7. cajunbabe

cajunbabe Mama to Miss Lillian!

What workouts? I am so tired after work and taking care of our horses, by the time I get home all I want to do is eat, shower, and sleep. I keep telling myself that I am going to start cycling again, but geez, by 6pm I'm wiped.

8. pcake

pcake Mummy to our pork chop!

Thank u, i really think im going to get out and so some later or tomorrow, my boyf just wants me to do yoga, but i enjoy running, and dont want to let myself go just cos im pregnant, so think il do a bit of both! Also like the sound of chatting to people along the way!! Sociable workouts, yay!! :thumbup:

9. babystewart

babystewart Well-Known Member

My OH's mother is a personal trainer but I really don't enjoy going to the gym but I do Zumba if I can.

10. Kimmi82

Kimmi82 Mummy to baby Faye

I'm doing the Race for Life in July, my 6th one and the only one I WONT be running lol!!!!!

11. AngelBunny

AngelBunny George's Mummy

non existent :D might get myself a lil yoga dvd or something xx