How bad is sugar?

GreyGirl

Pregnant with no2!
Reaction score
I don't drink, smoke, take drugs or drink tea or coffee. I do sometimes have junk food, but daily my main vice is chocolate. Will this affect my fertility? I'm on cycle 3 of ttcal and wondered in real terms if this will affect me. I normally have a couple of bars of chocolate a day, is this enough to really affect my chances? I haven't been able to find any evidence on this and wondered if anyone else knew and information.
Thanks in advance :)

Hello Greygirl, the only thing Ive read about chocolate is that it does contain some caffine, suppose it depends on the type of chocolate and the size of those bars! But dont think it has anything that hinders fertility. For me the happy hormones help me feel less stressed!:thumbup:

Grey girl, the fact you don't drink/smoke or anything means that you must be very healthy- also you don't drink tea or coffee which means you don't have caffeine other than the chocolate so I reckon it will have no impact at all.

Hey Grey -

You seem really healthy and your only splurge is chocolate. Shouldn't be a problem at all. Caffeine levels in chocolate are anywhere from 9-33 (darker chocolate has more than milk chocolate) whereas coffee is more like 150-350.

I don't think you're getting too much caffeine at all and there's also no conclusive evidence that caffeine hinders conception. I had coffees and teas throughout TTC - not crazy amounts but probably 1-2 cups a day.

Savor your chocolate hon...it's nice to enjoy something during the stressful TTC time (mine was a glass of red wine).

:dust:

PS. As for sugar...everything in moderation but you seem to have a healthy lifestyle so a couple bars of chocolate shouldn't be bad at all.

Thanks guys! I guess I worry because I'm 5' 3" and I'm 13stone. I think it's a mixture of PCOS and past weight gain that I now can't shift like most people. It's great to hear the amounts of chocolate I have shouldn't affect fertility in terms of sugar or caffeine. Thank you!
I'm not a picture of perfect health (I need more fruit and veg) but great to know I'm not terrible either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->