How best to wrap for 20 month old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

misspriss

Reaction score
Okay. DS is getting the following:

Wooden kitchen set - unwrapped under tree on Christmas morning
Wooden Dish Set, 2 bowls, 2 plates, 2 forks, 2 knives, 2 spoons
Little pots and pans - 4 pots and pans, 4 utensils (whisk, etc)
Wooden fruits and veggies that he can cut with tray.

Each set of items just arrived and they are boxed for retail with pictures of what is inside. I could just wrap this.

My other thought is to open the boxes and either a) wrap loosely in tissue and place in larger box to make easier to open/get right to the items, or b) wrap lots of little individual items, like each pot, etc. Or some combination of the two.

I may even put the utensils in his stocking instead of wrapping. I don't know.

What do you guys think? Last year he was so little and uninterested, this year I don't know, he doesn't seem that interested but who knows...

I'd probably go ahead and take them out of the boxes (bc it takes forever sometimes with all the twist ties and such) and then put them back in the box or another box and wrap or like you said in tissue and then in a box. I'd not wrap each item. My lo is 18 months and I know she'd get bored if she had a lot to unwrap, so the less boxes the better for us.

Thanks. I definitely think taking them out of the tight little box and putting them in a bigger one will work better with some tissue. The companies don't use a lot of packaging, two of them are just packed in little brown paper bags inside the box, but it's all tightly packed in there for retail and shipping, I just think it will be easier for DS if he can open a big box and then find lots of treasures in the paper, if that makes sense.

Great idea!

My lo is getting a kitchen too, and I got her some pots and pans and I had to take at least 3 twist ties off each piece to get it loose from the box. Such a pain. Seems like everything I've bought was packaged to be able to fly through the air at top speed without any movement of the actual product at all. LOL

Depends if you have other bits to open. DS was about the same age when he got his kitchen. I basically left the kitchen ready to be played with, pots on the stove.

If they are the Plan Toys sets- the ones in the little paper bags- my LO of nearly the same age adores opening those little bags and finding what's inside. The last set of those I got for her the brown paper bags got a ton of play before they were worn out- so you might want to let him open those himself.

If the kitchen has cupboards and things you could maybe put it all inside so its ready to play with?
I wasnt sure either, im going to leage quite a few bits unwrapped but smaller things il just wrap up so he has some things to open

My DD is 27 months so this is the first year she is interested. On the weekend we had a family get together with presents and she found it overwhelming and just wanted to play and not keep opening. I am planning to get her the kitchen next year and would probably set it all up ready to play or split items into two large boxes loosely so there is another thing to open but she can play with right away.
Then other night I went through all her stuff before I wrapped to get rid of the annoying packaging

Well, I opened all the boxes and all the stuff fit into one big box. Then DH got into the presents and ripped into some other peoples', so I felt bad he only had one to unwrap, so I unwrapped it, and re-wrapped the plan toys stuff back in their boxes, and the IKEA stuff in a bigger box (it was all cramped in while the plan toys was not) and wrapped the individual boxes again. LOL. I'm so indecisive.

It's done now, all I have to do is wrap his play doh set...(was going in stocking, but couldn't find one for him that matched ours, so we are just not doing stockings this year, we waited too late).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"