How big was your bump at 28 weeks?

MrsJones1986

Reaction score
As the title says really. What was your fundal height at 28 weeks? I measured 29.5cm at 28+2. This was above the top line on my chart, should I be worried about a big baby?

My baby is measuring on the middle line exactly but my bump is small so they think I'm small because the position she is lying in, I'm 31+2 days and still not that massive. Everyone is shocked when I tell them I'm over 30 weeks

They said if she keeps going the way she is she will be about 7lb/7lb.5

No need to worry. One week I was +2 weeks, then the next appt I was only ahead by days. Your fundal height is only a guess that baby is on track for growth.

I'm measuring on the 90th centile on my personalised fundal height chart (which I think is nonsense - I've measured in line with my weeks, but as I'm am 5ft 2 and other factors, the personalised chart makes this 90th centile)... but my bump is actually pretty small and neat. Measured right on track with weeks with DD and she was only 6lb 12 at 5 days over. Added a pic of my full term 37 week bump - I don't feel overly big!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 9
Your not big at all! I think I'm probably bigger at 29weeks!! I think a lot of these measurements / charts etc are a load of rubbish. They just make people worry! X

My doctor keeps telling me I'm measuring average with this pregnancy. Whereas with my boys I always measured ahead. They were big babies and my belly was much larger with them. Expecting a little girl and praying she's smaller then they were. Lol

At 27+4 I was measuring 29cms but I have a bit of extra chub on my tum so it was to be expected!

I'm measuring at 30 weeks and I'm a few days shy of 28 weeks, it doesn't bother me and I'm not concerned about having a big baby as I always tend to measure ahead...I seriously thing (in my case) it's because I'm short, I'm only 5 ft on a good day ;) my other 2 babies were 6lbs12oz and 6lbs8oz and I measured ahead with them as well and it's not because of weight gain as I barely gain anything, so far with this one I've lost 20lbs and haven't gained anything!

Also just to add to the above post, I don't feel like my bump is big in fact all my friends have said "you're finally starting to look pregnant"

I've consistently measured at least 2 weeks ahead, yet growth scans etc show baby is on 50th centile and fluid levels are normal. In fact at 37 weeks I was sent for a growth scan cos I measured 6 weeks over... I think babies bum was shoved out so far!!!!

They don't even bother measuring my fundal height anymore 😂😂

I've never ever had my fundal height measured. My obstetrician measures my little guy's head and femur with her in-office ultrasound each visit. I've been told my bump is big (by some stupid, very irritating people) but she assures me that it's perfect! I'm slim build and I'm all out the front - my bump isn't wide. I'm sure you've got the same thing going on - I've seen some previous pics of you and I think you're looking great.

I know it doesn't help with the bump size paranoia. I'm most definitely still suffering with it.

At 28+3 I measured spot on 28 weeks :shrug:

At 27+6, my fundal height measured at 37cm (yes, 9cm bigger than I should have been) and I consistently measured a lot bigger the whole way through. My LO was born at 37+3, weighing 6lb 10oz, so certainly not big at all!

With my son my fundal height was always behind but at a routine growth scan he was measuring 4 weeks ahead. I had him at 38 weeks and he weighed 8lb 12oz. I think fundal height measurements are not so accurate. This baby on the growth scan at 27 weeks weighed 2lb 4oz (right on track) yet my fundal height was 2 weeks ahead last week x

Measuring 33 at 28 weeks - growth scan and shes measuring 3 whole weeks ahead. I'm diabetic so its common

Attachments

• 30 weeks matilda.jpg
    30 weeks matilda.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 3
I was measuring 29cm at 28 weeks. I'm now 32 weeks measuring 41cm!

I had photos done at 32 weeks and the bump was small! I was a little disappointed not to have a bigger bump. Our photographer has done mostly children and won an award for that category so now she wanted to try maternity so we did an underwater shoot and next week we'll do a mountain shoot. The underwater was too small in my books. I keep getting measured with exact with my gestational progress but somehow it still looks small to me!

i had photos done at 32 weeks and the bump was small! I was a little disappointed not to have a bigger bump. Our photographer has done mostly children and won an award for that category so now she wanted to try maternity so we did an underwater shoot and next week we'll do a mountain shoot. The underwater was too small in my books. I keep getting measured with exact with my gestational progress but somehow it still looks small to me!

belly.png
edit: OH JEEEZ I meant to edit my original not repost (apologies)

I measured exactly right for DD2 but she was big, 10lb 2oz. Not sure how I'd be able to tell from measurements this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->