how can I get her to eat more solids

mickey

Reaction score
in the beginning everything went well with the solids we gave LO, but as she dropped off the percentile, HV said she should get more solids!

we started to give her more solids, but nowadays she always wants the booby rather than eating the solids!

I am getting concerned about her weight gain :(

i would try offering her water rather than booby.. then she'll be more hungry and you can give her more solids x

we do this, but if she wants the booby, she wants the booby, everything else she pushes away from her :baby:

little ones will usually eat when they are hungry, so i would'nt really worry too much all you can do is offer. she is still only 7 months old so she will get used to solids on her own time. i would still offer her th booby as this is the most important food for her and she is getting everything she needs out of it. keep trying solids though, i know that my little guy didn't eat many solids until he could do it by himself, he enjoyed finger foods over being spoon fed by me. so maybe in good time she will start eating more.. if you don't mind me asking how much does she weigh?

take care

you see, that's the problem, she weighs about 6,5 kg atm. but also we just went to 6-9 month clothes, when she was about 7 month! she is tiny!

we go for regular checks at baby clinic now.

last time she put on 100 g in 2 weeks!

but it really might be genetical as OH and me are dwarfs and me, myself I only weigh about 50 kg.

yesterday she ate more of the solids though :happydance:

I wouldnt worry to much unless she dramatically loses wieght , my daughter was always a little thing from age of 1 and upwards would be in 9 month clothes, but she soon grew and has a little belly now and fits into the right size she should be.
Babies grow at different stages when it comes to wieght , she will get there!

HV always has something to say wether wieght is slightly over or under, i NEVER listen to them , you know your daughter and what she needs, if she isnt taking more solids then she doesnt want them just yet, she is still young so chuck her on the boob when she wants, afterall that where all the goodness is ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->