• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

How can I make this name work!!

sailorgirl1

Reaction score
Lake

I love it, but I didn't really want a middle name and so Lake followed by any surname sounds like it should belong on a map, but I love it, it's so pretty. We're team yellow so how can I make this name work for a boy or girl? Or would you just say sod it and use it anyway?! Thanks x

you could have something like lakelan for a boy? or perhaps blake? not so sure for a girl....lakey maybe? i think having it as a double barrel name in the middle would be nice. i kinda like it but i see what you mean by it should belong on a map...its hard to suggest an appropriate middle name to go with it....just a thought but how does lake-lily sound? i dunno....toughy this one is! i know someone with a baby boy called laine and i love it.

ooh misread that you didnt want a middle name...my bad!

Thanks hun, yeah it's sooo hard! I love Laine too!! I would like that for a girl though? Lake I love but just not sure if it will prompt teasing, or is it a bit hippy like?! xx

I would say just do it... if you love it! There's really no way around it sounding like "hey we are going on vacation to Lake Cooper this weekend" or whatever your surname is... that would be kinda like naming a baby Lily and saying you don't want the name to sound like a flower. Lakes are on maps... lol. You can't change that :shrug:

I think Lakelan for a boy or Lakelyn for a girl could work nicely?? (nn. "Lake")

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"