How can I persuade DH?

Missi

Reaction score
So I'm on CD26 and am expecting AF anytime after CD27. DH and I have decided to sit down once AF arrives to discuss some TTC dates. I would like the next cycle to be the last and DH thinks we should wait until after the next two cycles. His option would mean we started TTC mid/end of March and my preference would be mid/end of February. If I get my way then it is only about 4 weeks until we TTC:happydance:, his is about 8 weeks. It will be interesting to see who wins this round. Any ideas of how to get the upper hand?

You will need to know that DH is very determined and knows what he wants. I have only been able to persude him twice in nearly 10 years on important matters. (Once was that he could not have a 'throne' seat at our wedding and the other was an easier persuasion to go to Vegas for my Birthday [After we went for his]). You wouldn't believe what I had to on these two occasions and I just can't say because it is TMI!:blush:

Lol you bring some ideas to mind!! :shock:
I'd say don't pressurize him too much as its a case of only a few weeks...I may have done that last year and it kinda freaked him out!:dohh: Soooo here I am now only on 1st month TTC!:happydance:

However saying that...if he likes a drink and you did conceive 2st cycle you'd be due right over xmas 2010!:dohh: that may make him agreed to Feb! Good luck hun :hugs:

Thanks Caro103 :thumbup:

That seems like sensible advice because the last thing I want to do is make TTC a negative experience for us both. For the sake of 4 weeks it's just not worth it.

You have reminded me that when DH has had a few too many he often asks why we are waiting. I shall go to the shops and buy some tequila!!!

I did try the 'if we are extra fertile and get pg on the 1st cycle :baby: will be due at Xmas therefore lets try earlier to avoid Xmas'. He of course thought a Xmas :baby: would be cool as that is around his B'day. :dohh:

:haha: men eh!?

well like you say the most important thing is you both go into TTC wanting a :baby:!

Hopefully you'll be joining the TTC board asap! :hugs:

Well Caro103 I lost this round. I couldn't push it with DH too much as I agreed with him that we had already moved the date forward three times. Not too bad though as it is only about 7 weeks now until we TTC :happydance:. Gives me enough time to loose some Christmas weight :dohh:.

:hugs: aww well 7 weeks really isn't that long, will be here before you know it! and what a motivator for shifting some additional pounds! :thumbup:
Will be good to cya on the TTC board in no time, though fingers crossed I may have got a BFP by then :cloud9: :shrug: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->