How can they do that to a baby???

Imi

Reaction score
Ellie had to go for another blood test today, the only way i can describe what they did to her is use the word brutal!
(sits sobbing still whilst writing this :blush:)
They put numbing cream on her for half hour and left us in the waiting room for it to work, then they came and got us half hour later, what happends next is a form of child abuse if ever i saw one!

They got her arm and bent it straight, ellie got upset but then One nurse PULLED the skin upwards and another pulled it down so it was in her words "tort"! - ellie was is agnoy screaming and the needle hadn't been anywnere near, it hurt her so much.

Her arm went WHITE with the pressure they were putting on her arm and how tight they had pulled her skin - i snatched her off the couch tears streaming down my face and told them to stop it.

Got the shitty reply of "well its gonna hurt her anyway when the needle gets put in" .... Like thats ok to make her scream to the point of her being sick was it??

So she gets a siringe full of sugar water and tells me to "squirt it down her neck when she starts to scream" - And choke her i thought? so i said no.

So i calmed her down and lay her on the couch, i got told "if was going to upset me that much go outside" to which i replyed "like im going to leave her in here with you 2 crying like that?? i think not.
(they did it anyways and made her choke) Woman goes, "least it stop her screching for a second" god did i want to punch that bitch ... if i could have seen through the tears and hadn't of been clinging to ellie for dear life i would have.

They did it, ellie screaming so much she was sick again .... She kept ramming the needle deeper into her arm, the more she screamed the more i got upset and they shoved me away and wouldn't let me pick her up!
Her arm is now bruised and i feel sick, they PINNED HER DOWN with so much FORCE.
It was so so horrible and TBH im still really upset.

She said if anymore need to be done they will phone me tomorrow, Im never letting them do that to her again well

NOT by Those Bitches it won't be.

:cry::cry::cry:

oh my god!

that sounds fucking horrible!

REPORT THE BITCHES

OMG Imi .. that sounds terrible. Poor Ellie .. and poor you too. Bless her .. hope she is ok. Have you said anything to the person in charge .. or are you going to??

I agree with you .. no way i would take her back and let them touch her ever again.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I would deffo report and take pics if any bruising comes out!!
:hugs:

No she isn't ok really you pick her up and she starts to cry :cry:

Im going to give her a bath in a bit and see what her arm is like ....

But i got told "ahhh tis ok she will forget about it" ... LIKE THATS OK YOU BITCH!

xxx

omg!

hun i would def report them if i was u!
poor lil ellie hows her arm hun?

Aww poor Ellie, hope she is ok now xxx:hugs:

Poor little thing :hugs: you should definately report them, that's child cruelty!!!

Cx

:hugs: Imi. That is disgusting and well out of order they should be reported for child abuse. Why the hell wasn't it done by a paedeatrician or SHO.

When Gabriel had bloods taken when he was a baby they DID NOT do it like that. They had to do bloods to check his liver function. They put cream on his hand to numb then inserted a venflon? they did bend his hand back a bit
to get it in but once in they drew as much as they need by that, they just dripped it into a container I think. It was done by SHO or whatever near to consultant is and a nurse. They were as gentle as they could be , yes he cried any baby would but not like poor ellie.

As Jo said i'd take photos and write everything down such as screams when picked up (obviously poor mite is sore) and take it as high as you can.

God that sound horrible..
i would have been crying so much too.
I know they would have had to pin the arm so she didnt move to get the blood, but they could have been a little more sympathetic... i bet they dont have kids!

Hope she is back to normal soon hun.

Imi that is terrible - report them.

How is Ellie today ? :hugs:

Hum bruised ...

She gotta go for another next wed at 4pm :(

xxx

thats disgusting the way you and especially ellie were treated i hope you've reported them if they treat ellie like that there probably the same with all the other youngsters they have come in. as if have bloods taken isn't traumatic enough for a child they were evil and shouldn't be able to work with children hope ellies feeling better now

oh god that is terrible :cry:
i had a nurse like that when i went for blood taken bout 3 months ago
she was wobbling the needle about in my arm saying i cant find a vein and the needle she used was massive my fiance has just told me as i wasnt looking :cry:
it felt like it was ripping inside my arm it was agony
after trying four times she eventually went and got a smaller needle and got blood first time
its shocking what some nurses are like
i would defo complain because they shouldnt get away with it
also i was really badly bruised for a week and the worst thing is i could barely bend my arm as i got shooting pains through
having blood taken is traumatic enough for an adult so think what it must be like for your poor baby
hope she is doing fine now :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Oh my, how awful! I'm shocked! I'm new, so I dont' know where you're from, but I would report that to someone. Seriously. Your poor baby! I would have punched the bitch!

Laurie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->