How can this be??

sproutly2003

Reaction score
I've not gained weight, in fact I've lost about 7 lbs, yet my trousers are tight and I've just had to buy a coat in the next size up. I expect to get bigger, naturally, but how can I be getting bigger yet losing weight?

Have you been suffering with any morning sickness or decrease in appetite? X

ha ha! it's a pregnancy phenomenon! I lost 8 lbs with dd and 11lbs this first trimester, but not changed size! I think I comes off weird places u don't notice! what I found with dd is that over the first 4/5 months I didn't get bigger so much as changed shape!

after I had dd I was 18lbs lighter then my staring weight so I'm hoping to follow that trend again this time! :)

I know what you mean. I haven't really gained any weight but I can't wear the majority of my pants comfortably... it's that limbo between maternity wear and regular clothes that I find to be quite challenging so far!

I haven't had any vomiting, but a lot of food aversions. I just don't get how I can get bigger but lose weight lol

Don't worry, it's totally normal! I'm 26 weeks today and just stopped vomiting the past two weeks or less. I still haven't gained back what I lost since getting pregnant

Your pants get tighter even if you lose weight because your uterus is pushing your organs up causing your tummy to get wider and your hips also get wider which can make your pants tighter without gaining weight. Also bloating eve. If it's minor can cause that as well. It's all normal. I was the same with my first. Dropped 15lb in the first tri but still needed bigger pants.

I was like that with my 2nd pregnancy. Lost 5lbs, even though I didn't have anything to lose...and finally gained that back by 22 weeks...however my patns were SO tight at 11 weeks...and same thing with this baby (my 3rd) my pants are so tight, I have however gained 4 lbs this time around...but my measurements haven't changed. So I think mine is mostly baby bloat. This is around the time that the uterus starts to pop out... I wouldn't worry about it. Our bodies go thru such a huge change during pregnancy...its all part of it;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->