How Common Is..

Rayych77

Reaction score
The name Addison? How many Addisons have u met? I don't want a name that's too over-used. I really like Addison Elaine (4th generation with middle name Elaine :) )

Thanks for the replies! Feel free to ask how common ur name choices are if ur worried about it!

dont think I know any but I do know an Adi (pronounced ay-dee)

None but it does make me think of the character from greys anatomy xx

None. More Maddison's in the uk I think!

You in the uk or us?

I don't know anyone called that! It's lovely....

Im in the UK and haven't heard the name x

Thank u ladies!!! Im in the US n have only met one. Had to make sure I wasnt the only one that had not really heard it. Now to decide the spelling.. If Adison looks better than Addison

I don't know any but it makes me think of addison's disease. That aside, its a nice name.

I don't know anyone called that:)

No, haven't really heard it and I'm in the US. However it is the name of a suburb in my state. In my opinion looks better with 2 D's ;)

Hey no stealing!!! That's my #1 baby name....so i support your choice!!!!

I like Addison, very pretty. I think it's "becoming" more popular but certainly isn't a common name. I've heard it used a few times, but don't know anyone with it personally.

It's so hard to predict how popular a name will become tho. My son's name wasn't very popular 6 years ago - but now it's super popular! Grr!

Im in the uk and I know 4. I work in a nursery and we currently have 4 addisons, 2 boys and 2 girls as well funnily enough. So to me it appears its becoming really popular, but as no one else really knows it, it may just be a timley coincidence that their all there together.

According to the social security website, Addison has become significantly more popular the last 6 years, last year ranked # 14. https://www.socialsecurity.gov/cgi-bin/babyname.cgi

It has the sound of an overly popular name, but I honestly don't know one. You hear it is "too" common, but I'm not so sure it actually is. It's like like Emma or Olivia or Maya

I've never met an Addison (I'm in the UK)

My nephew is called Addison! :) and of course you could use Maddison as an alternative..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->