• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How cruel would it be to call our daughter Olive with our surname??

It took me a really long time to notice the potential "problem" lol

I say go for it. It's a cute name.

I like it and Scarlett, ruby and violet are common colour names. The other day I met a young girl called crimson and I think its gorgeous.

I like it and Scarlett, ruby and violet are common colour names. The other day I met a young girl called crimson and I think its gorgeous.

That's true, and I know a young Saffron (spice and colour), Indigo is becoming more popular, Beyonce named her daughter 'Blue'!
And if you think about it even more common names like Rose, Amber and Jade can be colours.

I wouldn't, but then I'm very conservative with names

The fact that you have any reservations about it makes me think it might not be a good idea to go ahead with the name as you would probably always have a nagging feeling that one day could turn to regret. I usually go by the rule (over anything), if there is any doubt it is probably best to not do it. That said, I don't think it is really THAT bad, I have heard a lot more risque names, it is entirely up to you what you call your child and at the end of the day what matters is how you feel, nobody else.

As other posters have said, Olivia is a variation which might take away any doubt of the names together?

I didnt actually see a problem with it. My first though was 'thats a colour/shade of green' but i never thought of a green olive?!? Lots of nice names are colour/shades so i dont see a problem at all.

P.S I LOVE the name Olive, its always been on my top 10 x

I'm not sure I would use Olive together with Green. I personally prefer the variant Olivia X

It's quirky and made me smile, I like it :)

I love the name olive but I wouldn't. It sounds like the colour of a paint.

I would use Olivia but call her olive for a nn

I'd say no to Olive but maybe go with Olivia and call her Olive for short? That way she shouldn't be formally addressed as 'Olive Green'.

I agree, Olive is a great name! But Olive Green is a no no imo - have you got any alternatives?

There is a kid in my town named Olivia, but she goes by Olive. You could always do something likethat and have a full name of Olivia Green, which I think sounds quite nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->