how did u tell your husband/so

GetNmyBelly

Reaction score
this will be our second baby & with our first I just screamed for him to look at my test lol. I finally have my thyroid under control & I'm just praying it sticks! anyone tell their husband/so in a cute way?

I'm not much help, but I'll respond anyway. LOL. My DH had said he didn't see the squinter lines on my tests a couple days prior (he'd said the same when I had my chemical too), and I was a little irritated that he couldn't use his eagle eyes and a little imagination to see what all the ladies in one of my forums could see plain as day. Hehe. So at 14dpo I took a digital (that said "pregnant") and asked him if he could see a second line in the test. He said "I don't see any lines... but this says pregnant? What does that mean?" :lol:

Sorry, no cute story as I just wave to tests in his face asking if he can see lines! Just wanted to say congratulations! I'm sure however you decide to tell him will be special for you both :flower:

No cute story either! I just left the test that said pregnant on the side for him to see when he got up while I got on with the day! He still had to double check with me that I was

Congratulations on your bfp! No cute way here either times, I just called him up at work as I was too excited to wait for him to come home. :haha:

We did the test together so both found out at the same time, even though he kept saying is that really a line and didn't believe it at first?! the line was definitely not a squinter! :dohh:

Lol none of u guys surprised your man?! I thought more people did that haha. My husband didn't believe my lines with our first baby so I'm not going there this time. So I think on Friday (we always go out to eat on Fridays) I'm gonna take a digital test & take a picture of it on my phone. I also found this cute little riddle thing online so I'm gonna make him a little card. It goes like "I once was just 1 & then I found you. Then "I" became "we" & "we" became 2. Nine months of waiting our we became 3 such a great family were you, him, & me. Now he's getting tall & we wanted one more so guess what.. Our 3 is soon to be 4!

Then I'll write my EDD at the bottom��☺ kinda corny but I think he will be surprised considering he thinks I'm on my period right now & I was acting upset that we didn't conceive this cycle��

Congratulations on your bfp! No cute ways here - just yelling OMG OMG OMG he thort it was a fly or somthing in the pc room and ran to the bedroom were he was ans shows him this test

https://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll349/tracey2884/tracey2884008/20160523_102244_zpsycmpykso.jpg

I've seen a few cute things online. This pregnancy was unexpected and I was too nervous to tell him in person. For some odd reason the day that I took the test was the day that he decided to call me 3 times within an hour and a half. I was trying to avoid the phone with him all day and ended up telling him over the phone as I thought about how scary it would be telling him at home lol.

Haha!! Guess I am just as boring as the other ladies. I just called my dh since I took the test at work. I wouldn't see him until the following morning and there was no way I was going to last that long!

Lol none of u guys surprised your man?! I thought more people did that haha. My husband didn't believe my lines with our first baby so I'm not going there this time. So I think on Friday (we always go out to eat on Fridays) I'm gonna take a digital test & take a picture of it on my phone. I also found this cute little riddle thing online so I'm gonna make him a little card. It goes like "I once was just 1 & then I found you. Then "I" became "we" & "we" became 2. Nine months of waiting our we became 3 such a great family were you, him, & me. Now he's getting tall & we wanted one more so guess what.. Our 3 is soon to be 4!

Then I'll write my EDD at the bottom��☺ kinda corny but I think he will be surprised considering he thinks I'm on my period right now & I was acting upset that we didn't conceive this cycle��

Well mine and me for that matter certainly got a surprise but there was nothing sweet romantic, more of a me waving a test and going into full blown panic mode and screaming what the hell are we going to do about this and waving a test covered in wee at him, certainly surprised him :haha:

I was with my best friend when she found out and her husband was at work. He is a big computer guy and that's what he always did to unwind after work. So we took pics of the tests (Cheapie and Digital) and I put it as his desktop background for when he got home.

He kind of just sat there for a minute and looked around the computer and said "Really?" very quietly and then there was a HUGE smile.

not sure if this is cute.When I found out,I bought a baby blanket and gave it to my hubby as a gift.

I told mine on valentine's day in his card I wrote"roses are red violets are blue, holy shit in October we meet baby #2!" he got teary eyed lol

I put ds in a "greatest brother ever" t shirt and we went up to his work on a Saturday. The look on his face was shock, I only had my birth control taken out 3 weeks prior to that! He then kept asking me "really?!" lol

With no1 I took the test when he was out for the evening as it was 4 days early and I was just amusing myself. I did a digi and waited on him coming home. He was late and I rang him to say get home now, he thought he was in trouble lol. We were ltttc so when I told him he just kept saying oh my God over and over lol

This time I was testing early again and got a squinter on the Tuesday night, confirmed the next morning but he was out of the country till the Friday night. I wanted to tell him in person so was worried he'd ask but he hadn't been keeping trac. He was showing me the presents he'd brought back and I asked him what he brought the baby and he showed me the outfit for our friends newborn, then I asked him what he'd bought OUR baby and he showed me our toddler's gift so I said no our NEW baby! After a few seconds of confusion it clicked and he gave me a big hug.

Well, with the last one he heard me throw things around and came in to find me in tears lol lol lol of which he just about joined in. Then he made take ten more thinking it couldn't be true given we were on the pill.

Anyway long story short, we thank God every day for our unplanned baby who is now a lovely funny 4 year old boy. lol lol lol

While we were NTNP I imagined all sort of fun ways I could tell him. But when it happened, I just sat him on the couch and told him.

We did cool things for the family though - at Christmad, wr gave my father and mum cups with "best grandpa" and "best grandma" written on it. My dad actually thought that I made a mistake and passed it forward to my actual grandpa who was sitting next to him. And my mum held the cup the other way so she didn't see the writing. All very funny as it took them about 2 minutes to figure it out. Cue a lot of crying.

For my sister in law, I just made a sticker for her Christmas gift that said "Aunt Helen" (she doesn't have any other nieces or nephews). She read it out loud, said "awww" and started unwrapping the present. Midway through, she dropped it, looked at me, looked at my belly and started crying. Again, quite funny.

If we ever have another one, I'll make sure to do something cool, but until then, I've got time to think about it :)

My husband and i always do the same thing every time, i take the test, hand it to him, and he pretends its neg..... then tells me its positive, and i always fall for it lol, we are such dicks!

So far with all of them, I test then just tell him and he says ok. Next time I want to find a way to surprise him!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->