• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How did you and OH meet?

Caitie44

Shiny Spine Certified
Reaction score
Just a fun little thread talking about how / when you and your OH met. I'm just in a glass case of emotion because all day I've been thinking mushy thoughts which is just weird for me, lol. :haha: So yeah! Feel free to share your stories. ;)

For me, OH and I "technically" first met at the public pool right before my freshman year. My friend had a crush on him and thought he was The Hottest Guy Ever, and I made a point to mock him when he came over because he totally thought he was hot shit. :dohh: So I basically teased him all day about it and he kept calling me Star because I was wearing a star-covered bathing suit. I didn't really like him much until my friend's brother and I were messing around in the pool, and he accidentally pinched my neck pretty dang hard when he was trying to dunk me underwater. OH came over and asked if he'd hurt me, and he took my friend's brother and chucked him across the pool. It made me laugh, lol. We also had Weight Lifting my freshman year, but we didn't talk except for me to scold him for interrupting my other friend and her crush talking. He'd just laugh at me.

I consider our first real meeting though, when I was walking home from school my sophomore year. Our houses were in the same area, just a street dividing them, so we walked the same route. Anyway, here I am minding my own business, walking home, when I hear "HEY WHITE GIRL! WHITE GIRL!" And just to see what hooligan was yelling, and there comes OH running down the sidewalk like an idiot (and just for clarification, OH is also white... just an idiot lol). I had no idea why he was bothering me, but I waited, and when he finally got up to me, he said... "You have a dollar?" Yep. And that was the start of our romance! \\:D/ Really weird, but at least it's a fun story.

After that, he started following me home from school until we got to his house. We never really discussed walking home together, he'd just run up and walk alongside me. We rarely talked but it just felt good. :D After a few days, he started giving me hugs when I left. And after that, he asked for my number. Of course, he was like "Uhhh this is really embarrassing but I forget your name." :dohh: Like, you could have at least pretended you knew and asked me to spell it! He's such a goof. Our first kiss was at night, on a playground slide outside of my mom's apartment before we even started dating. And then November 16th, 2010 we were officially a couple! Not exactly the most romantic story, but I like it. :kiss:

Now for you all!

Aw that's a cute story haha!

Me and my OH met at a fancy dressed party, he was dressed as Juliet (from Romeo and Juliet) dress and wig and everything... And i was dressed in a cookie monster outfit haha, he was drunk and throwing up everywhere but some how still managed to win my heart.

Weird haha!

My story is so match,.com lol
Well I was with ny ex boyfriend and he was in jail. This guy added me on facebook and constantly tried getting my number and flirting and he was just so gross i couldnt stand him! He would tag hinself and his friends that i didnt even know in my picture.
Then one-day he tagged some guy in one of my pictures.
I was getting ready to delete it and to finally delete hin and the tag but then the guy commented on the picture and he was saying the funniest things and I was like dude are you on f#cking crack? And yeah then I nessaged him and we talked and talked and talked.
I thought he was so funny and was considering meeting him but never did juat because I was with my ex.
My ex would like beat me up and cheat on me. When he got out of jail I caught him in the act and was pretty sad but not really because now I could meet this guy with out feeling bad! lol.
So I met him and i was scared and nervous and he was all sweaty and fat and cute and i just loved him.
He asked me 'so you wanna be my girl' and i started laughing cause he just sounded ao dumb and i said sure :)
And now we're like crazy in love and havong a baby almost two years later.

This is going to sound sooo stupid. LOL

I was joining the Army, and was at PT (physical training). DH was a Marine and home on boot leave, also at PT, as our recruiting station was so small, we just did pt together. He was running around the track when I first noticed him. WE didnt say more then two words together though, and went our seperate ways, I didnt even know his name.
The NEXT day, I went to work, Subway at the time, and he was sitting there with his sister. So when he was on his way out, I yelled "MARINE!" to get his attention, to which his was like..."do I know you?" Lmao. He asked for me number, and called me the next day. Turns out he knew my older brother from school, and I asked him out to a movie for my brothers birthday. Weve been together ever since. That was four and half years ago....

He walked up to me and asked me if I wanted to dance. He looked kind of nice and so I said "I might take a chance". When we danced he held me tight, and when he walked me home that night all the stars were shining bright and then he kissed me!

...none of that actually happened, however when we did meet I was obsessed with Goodfellas and that song was more or less the soundtrack to my life :)

We actually met at Argos :L I was offered a work trial there through the jobcentre and he already worked there, I noticed him on my tour and thought "ooh" Hehe :) the first time I spoke to him was when I was watching some stupid induction video about "choices" which I'm still to this day not sure what its actually about, anyway he came into the room to get a new headset and said "I've seen this, she does at the end" xD I told him I liked his tattoos :)

The first time we properly spoke was when he was put to train me in upper stock, we just clicked and talked and talked :) he got me to add him on Facebook to see a picture of an 8foot talk snow penis he's built, then we ended up messaging on there constantly :) I looked forward to work every day in the hope I might see him, and even if I'd had a horrible day 5 minutes with him would make me smile :)

Eventually we swapped numbers and met outside of work for the first time, we had such s fun day, just talking, playing with helium balloons (I was given an entire bunch of them at a narcosis open day).

After that we kept on texting, and he eventually told me he "thought he had a crush on me" :L we met up again, had another lovely day, then when he walked me home (well to the bus stop) that night, all the stars were shining bright and then he kissed me xD

He is honestly the most amazing perfect man in the world :) he is beautiful and has a sexy beard :)

These stories are so adorable! Amazing how chance encounters can lead to the love of your life!!

Well for me, mine is more like I was extremely drunk.... It was Christmas Eve 2009 and I had been single for about 9 months and was sick and tired of feeling lonely. So I got drunk with my best friend at our locals christmas party, and was shamefully asking all the good looking men if firstly they was single, and if they was, then asking for a number exchange! Shameful I know! Then I saw my OH, at the slot machine with his friends, went straight up to him and asked the same question. I wasn't really interested in any of them until my phone bleeped and I had a text.... It was my OH texting me saying 'your amazing', and saw him looking at me. Went over and spent the whole night together getting to know every little detail. 3 and a bit years later we've been through ups and downs, heartache and happiness and now have a home, are engaged and have a beautiful daughter together xx

We met at a party when we were freshmen and our friend introduced us thinking wed hit it off (mind you she was a little tipsy...). We were both kind of awkward and didnt hit it off. ahahah. But we became good friends until we realized we were both kind of into each other last summer. We had hooked up a couple of times before that and played it off as mistakes. Then we realized they werent. And now were married with a daughter. who woulda thunk?

Awww

When I met my OH it was kind of a fluke I guess you could say. At the time I was 17 and (dont judge me) I loved the single life talkin to whoever I wanted... You know how it goes. Anyways I went to a house party with this guy I knew, and I was chillin outside wit him n his boys. I went inside the house to go pee. And my OH was tryna talk to me. He asked me my name number age... At the time I used to lie to everybodyyy I met and told them the age on my id which was 22.. Honestly I never thought id see him again after that night but I gave him my numbr anyways. He called me the next day and we talked for a bit n I thought he was a pretty nice guy. But still I was so wrapped up in the life I was living at the time, never thought anything would happen with him. For the next week or so wed talk on the phone but everytime he asked me to come over I always had other things to do. Then one time he called me n asked me if I wanted to chill, since I was juss at home doin nothin I thought why not. So I went n hung out wit him n some friends of his n I was really feelin him and I even stayed the night. From that first night my whole life changed for ever.. I completely changed my entire lifestyle.. I had to tell him I was actually 17 tho as he was 26, and I knew if things were guna last I had to be honest. He took it pretty well I mean he was pissed I lied to him, but happy at the same time cuz if I told him my real age he may not have gone after me like that. This was May 2011 since then so much has happend but he is the best man I ever known and I am so happy to call him the father of my son. No matter what happens I will always stick by him!

My story is a bit different of how i met my OH. I live in the state of Vermont in the USA and he originally lived in Washington State across the country. My ex-best friend met him online somehow and introduced me to him because she really liked him. They dated for about 3 or 4 months and then broke up. She stopped talking to him but me and him remained friends for 3 or 4 years. Finally we decided that we liked each other a lot and stayed committed to each other even though we were a country apart. In December of 2011, he had problems with his parents and they kicked him out so he had nowhere to stay anymore. I paid for a train ticket and 3 days later he was in Vermont and we have been together ever since.

I've known OH since I was 5 and he was 6. We grew up together basically. We live in a tiny town so we were always around each other and for a while when I was 10 him and some mutual friends would walk home together. In Jr high we dated for the first time. OH was my first kiss then too. and my first boyfriend. It ended badly and we didn't speak for a long time, and then in my sophomore year he asked me if I was still pissed at him (I'm horrible with grudges) and I said that I stopped caring, so no I wasn't mad anymore. So we eventually startes dating again, lasted a month and he went back to his ex and a couple months later I found out I was expecting. He wasn't apart of my pregnancy at all and ended up leaving for college 3 hours away the weekend before LO was born so he wasn't there until the following weekend to see her. He did his thing in college and I did my mommy thing at home for about 6 months then he realized that he really did want to be part of this family. I was skeptical but he really seemed committed. He finished his year at college then moved home and we've been great ever since. I think he needed to get his crazy college drinking time out of the way before he could settle down so I'm very thankful it happened when Avalon was so young she doesn't remember instead of when she's older and has a higher chance of noticing he's gone. He's really been amazing the past two years and he plans to propose within the next two months, I don't know when though! Not the most romantic story but it feels special to me. (Sorry for any errors I'm on my phone)

Awh these stories are so cute :)

I met my Fiance actually five years ago, we didn't really talk much but my friend told me he was looking for a girlfriend. After finally mustering up the courage to talk to him, he already had a girl. :( I decided then and there that I would wait for them to break up. After like a year, I just guessed they'd never break up. So I went out and dated around. Well about five months ago, I was talking to my sister who has a bring with the first name Russell, and they were telling me I wasn't allowed to date someone with that name. I told them about my fiance and that if he ever asked me out I'd say yes in a heartbeat. Well a whole month later and a friend the two of us shared asked if I would be interested in talking to and perhaps dating THAT Guy, my fiance. I said yes, we texted for two days and agreed to hang out.I drove up to his work and followed him to his house, we ended up talking in his truck so we could be alone and pretty much, we've been in love since then. <3

That is actually adorable!! Haha my OH and I just met at school, in grade 10. We've been inseparable since and in 2 weeks it's our 3 year anniversary :) our first kiss was at the beach, on my birthday :)

They way me and my OH is actually quite dorky :) We met at camp haha, we were talking for not long before we decided to get together on August 29th and then we didnt have our first date till September 29th which was our Homecoming lol:) it was really cute actually and we had a lot of fun, we didnt kiss till my birthday October 22nd things moved pretty slow in our relationship but he is definitely the sweetest guy ive ever met in my whole life and we lost our virginities to eachother on 4/20 and now where expecting our first in June :)

This is pretty cute :)

I met my man when the owner of the shop I worked in moved to a different shop.. My OHs stepmum owned the cafe next door. I didnt know that at the time, caught a glimpse of him walking past the shop while I was working and my boss caught me looking and was like "thats marks son, did you know? Good looking lad isnt he". I agreed , but that was it. We'd walk past each other and say hello and stuff but it wasnt until like 6 months later when my boss needed to take the day off and he asked my OH to help out for the day, then we started talking. We started meeting up as friends for lunch and stuff and I realised I was falling for this cute guy lol.

I was with someone else at the time but was SO unhappy... anyway this cute guy came round to my grandmas with me one day and as we sat watching TV we kept catching each others eyes and the sparks were flying .. we ended up holding hands under a cushion so my grandma couldnt see LOL . I kinda think I loved him from that day onwards.
Anyway, I split with my ex that night and got with the cute guy like the next day and over a year down the line its still the best decision I ever made because he is amazing and one of the best things that have ever happened to me :)
And now we are having a baby and I hope he and I are together forever <3

Well, i went to school with oh my whole life but we had never paid any attention to eachother. We were with completely different crowds. But at the very start of my 11th grade year which was really my senior year to, since i graduated early i apparently caught his eye. We were in the thee gym on the bleachers during lunch and i was sitting with a couple of my friends and he was sitting with a boy a few bleachers behind me. Well, they decided to start bothering me about seeing if one of my friends had any dip. And so, after lunch i was leaving and he was picking on me about the above situation. Well that night he texted me, he had gotten my number off someone. And every day we would hang out at lunch. And.everrrry night he would ask me out. And i would tell him lets get to know eachother a little better. Well after about 3 days maybe? I gave in. :) And it later came out that the first thing he noticed was my butt. Gee, thanks. Haha. And now we have been together two and a half years. :)

He was my assistant manager at work. We used to always flirt a little, but nothing serious, and it wasn't until a work night out where he asked for my number. Anyway saw him every single day since then, got took out on a few dates and meals, and then just sort of fell into the relationship :)

He was a sophomore and I was a freshman and we were in the same art class. I didn't even notice him because I had a hugeeee crush on his older brother who was a senior. He sat down at our art table and we pretty much never talked until he chatted me on facebook and we talked constantly. Now we've been married for three years and have a daughter.

We met in marching band in high school, lol. My sister was being lazy and she was friends with him and she had him put her clarinet away so I stormed up to him and started yelling that he didn't need to do this and my sister was being irresponsible and he looked up to me with his stunning blue eyes and I've been head over heels since. I loved him before I knew his name. :cloud9:

Jeeez these are pretty damn cute!! :hugs:

I met my OH July of 2012, but I noticed him a few months before that. Last summer my best friend who lives with my family and I left back home to Utah for the summer, and her boyfriend who was one of my really close friends stuck around our house to hang out with me since she was gone. Him and I ended up really close and pretty much just hung out doing the usual shit every day (getting stoned by day, tanning, drinking, the stupid stuff I almost regret haha). Anyways, one day him and I were sitting on the stoop (my front porch where we always hung out) and I noticed this guy walking past. I'd seen him a few times before and I always thought he was so f*cking cute. Myles( my friend's boyfriend ) yelled out "HEY! MYLES! WHAT UP!?" The guy nodded, waved and kept walking. Myles explained to me that the cute guy walking down the street was also named Myles, and that he knew him from the skate park. I watched him walking around the neighborhood for a couple weeks after that and every time I saw him I just got these crazy butterflies.

Finally one day I was sitting outside on the back of my dad's truck with one of my friends, Terry and I saw the guy I'd been eyeing coming down our side of the sidewalk. I got nervous, and almost didn't even look at him, but just after he'd passed by us I yelled out "hey you! aren't you Myles?" He looked back, took his earphone out and said yeah. He shook my hand and I guess that's when we officially "met". A couple days later I stalked him on facebook, added him and suggested that we hang out since I figured he lived pretty close by me. He agreed that we should hang out and he proceeded to give me his wrong fucking phone number. I called it about six times before I got his facebook message correcting his number- I thought he'd totally tried to turn me down with a fakie number! Thank goodness it was just a mistake.

I invited him to a little party in my back yard about a week later. We were drinking a little, and my sister and I were fighting. To sober me up him and I took a walk. I ended up showing him my favorite spot (the roof of the middle school down the street). We brought blankets and actually ended up getting busy :blush: . I'd never moved that quickly with a guy, and was really nervous that he might only want sex. However, we saw eachother every single day after that and have been together for almost 10 months now. I'm so crazy in love, I don't even know how to explain it!

He's been so amazing, and getting to know each other has been such a crazy journey. I love this thread and I never want it to end! :hugs:

I met OH at my Uncles (Anti's Hubby) birthday party about a year Ago. OH is his 2nd or 3rd cousin I think. Basicly all my cousins are like way younger than me so when it came to everyone getting up and dancing he asked me and now a year later were having a baby. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->