How did you announce your pregnancy?

Diddy2013

Reaction score
This is our first pregnancy and we are planning on telling our family's Christmas Eve. I'm curious to how others have or plan on announcing theirs or any suggestions for how we should?!?

its my first ever pregnancy but I`m scared to tell anyone until I`ve had a scan :S

My mum knows as I cant keep secrets from her. and we will be telling my husbands parents in a couple of weeks when they come to visit..

christmas eve will be so so lovely tho :)

That's when all my family will be down and I should be having a scan before then. I have an initial appointment about two weeks before Christmas eve

ahhh that will be lovely you should give them a chritmas gard that says too aunty uncle grandma xxx

On Facebook I'm going to be putting the scan picture up saying looks like Santa brought us a present early! Scan is this Friday so excited!!
Most of my family already know, otherwise I might have given them a present in Xmas eve with a baby onesie that says "Best grandma" or whatever on it :) or maybe one of those clear baubles for the tree with the scan picture inside of it :)

Well this would be grand baby number 8 for my parents , we always do this thing where my mom hides a pickle ornament in the tree and whoever finds it gets an extra gift. I was thinking of making an ornament with the announcement because someone is bound to find it while searching for the pickle!
https://german.about.com/library/blgermyth11.htm

Our scan is the 12th so we are just going to hold off until Christmas Day. Will be hard as im showing already. But its only 25 days right ;)

Our scan is the 12th so we are just going to hold off until Christmas Day. Will be hard as im showing already. But its only 25 days right ;)

I'm not as far a long so I doubt I'll have a scan, the woman at my doctors office said they might...

I had wanted to make christmas cards with the words

Jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way
Oh what fun it is to say
Theres a baby on the way!

OR teach the other grandchidren it on the downlow and have them run through the house signing it until people catch on.

But not sure if ill wait til after christmas or not yet.

I posted my bfp pic on FB 2 hours after finding out LOL!! Family lives far away, so no "in person" telling type of thing here.

We waited until we knew the gender and announced with this photo. We're keeping the name secret until he's born though ;)

https://i41.tinypic.com/2iw6dxt.jpg

I will be 12 weeks I think around the 21st jan. since my LB turns 1 on jan 13 we are doing a cake smash and I'm going to get some photos of him with his cake and a cupcake next to it and either have him crawling towards it and say "that ones not for you Jace!" Or just have baby no2 written in front.

Well I'm telling my family and my husbands family on Christmas were gonna get ready to take a family photo then instead oh saying say cheese I'm gonna say were pregnant then take a picture of everones face's

Paperhearts that is SO cute! Your daughters look so alike!

We had a private scan at 11 weeks on the 23rd December and as all was ok we then put the scan photo in a frame saying "little baby's first Christmas", I showed my two sisters on Christmas Eve and then my mum and dad Christmas Day. With this baby we suffered a mc before and lots of early bleeding so my mum dad and sisters were told with no special announcement but once we'd got through our 12 week scan we brought our son a t shirt saying I'm going to be a big brother to tell his cousins but it took them forever to work out - they're only 7, 9 and 11

Paperhearts that is such a lovely way to tell people!!

I'm umming and ahhing over whether we should tell at Christmas. I'll only be 7 weeks on Christmas Eve and I doubt I'll be able to get in for an early scan in time. I'll have to pay for a private one, which I was planning on doing because I can't possibly imagine waiting till 12 weeks.

With my son we didn't know when I'd conceived as I'd been taking pill packets back to back - I had a rough idea, because I'd been ill with food poisoning for a week and then we didn't use back up the next week (and lo and behold, he was conceived the week after I was ill the day of my best friend's wedding :blush:). Because we didn't know when he was conceived we were scanned by the early pregnancy unit to get a due date. They gave us two early scans around 5 weeks, dated the pregnancy and offered us a repeat scan at 10 weeks. I don't know why they did, but I wasn't turning it down, so we had had three scans before my 12 week scan with him. With this one, I know I can't wait till 12 weeks, but I doubt I'll get a scan in time for Christmas.

We're having both our immediate families round for Christmas Day (and my family are staying with us too) and I would love to tell everyone by making homemade crackers and slipping a copy of the ultrasound into each one. I just don't know if it's too early. I worry about the miscarriage risk.

x

Paperhearts that is such a lovely way to tell people!!

I'm umming and ahhing over whether we should tell at Christmas. I'll only be 7 weeks on Christmas Eve and I doubt I'll be able to get in for an early scan in time. I'll have to pay for a private one, which I was planning on doing because I can't possibly imagine waiting till 12 weeks.

With my son we didn't know when I'd conceived as I'd been taking pill packets back to back - I had a rough idea, because I'd been ill with food poisoning for a week and then we didn't use back up the next week (and lo and behold, he was conceived the week after I was ill the day of my best friend's wedding :blush:). Because we didn't know when he was conceived we were scanned by the early pregnancy unit to get a due date. They gave us two early scans around 5 weeks, dated the pregnancy and offered us a repeat scan at 10 weeks. I don't know why they did, but I wasn't turning it down, so we had had three scans before my 12 week scan with him. With this one, I know I can't wait till 12 weeks, but I doubt I'll get a scan in time for Christmas.

We're having both our immediate families round for Christmas Day (and my family are staying with us too) and I would love to tell everyone by making homemade crackers and slipping a copy of the ultrasound into each one. I just don't know if it's too early. I worry about the miscarriage risk.

x

Can you say you have irregular periods to get a scan again? That's why I'm getting one my LMP is 5th oct but I got my BFP 21st nov. (had a bfn on the 19th) so I'm just assuming I was 9 dpo when I got my my BFP.

I had thought of that Hopeful, but I don't know if I'd feel right fibbing to them to get an early scan. You also have to go and wait for hours at the EPU for an early scan and I'd have to take a morning off work. With them not knowing about the pregnancy, it would arouse suspicions!

I think I'll wait till 7ish weeks and pay for a reassurance scan then, but I doubt it will be in time for Christmas. We'll see more at a 7/8 week scan than a 4/5 week scan (just about, I know they're still blobby that early on) and it's hearing the heartbeat that I'm after and knowing that the risk of miscarriage goes down significantly after that.

x

Yes squirrel I'm getting mine on the 17th. Ill be minimum 7 weeks but perhaps 8. I had a pos opk on the 4th 5th nov but also the 12th and my BFP on the 21st.... So did I ov early and get a late BFP or ov later and get an early BFP lol. Hence why I need the dating scan :) my doc just gives me a referral and I book in for the ultrasound at pathology lab so much easier here!

It makes sense for you to get one :D Hope you didn't think I meant you were fibbing :hugs: just that I would be if I said I didn't know, as I know exactly when I ovulated because I was charting.

I wish they would give standard ultrasounds at around 6/7 weeks anyway to avoid the risk of mmc at 12 weeks.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->