How did you announce your pregnancy?

Oh no I know what you meant. With my son I hadn't had AF for 5 months, (damn pcos) and then I had a chemical my first post partum cycle in August- so it's never been easy for me to calculate!

Paperhearts that is such a lovely way to tell people!!

I'm umming and ahhing over whether we should tell at Christmas. I'll only be 7 weeks on Christmas Eve and I doubt I'll be able to get in for an early scan in time. I'll have to pay for a private one, which I was planning on doing because I can't possibly imagine waiting till 12 weeks.

With my son we didn't know when I'd conceived as I'd been taking pill packets back to back - I had a rough idea, because I'd been ill with food poisoning for a week and then we didn't use back up the next week (and lo and behold, he was conceived the week after I was ill the day of my best friend's wedding :blush:). Because we didn't know when he was conceived we were scanned by the early pregnancy unit to get a due date. They gave us two early scans around 5 weeks, dated the pregnancy and offered us a repeat scan at 10 weeks. I don't know why they did, but I wasn't turning it down, so we had had three scans before my 12 week scan with him. With this one, I know I can't wait till 12 weeks, but I doubt I'll get a scan in time for Christmas.

We're having both our immediate families round for Christmas Day (and my family are staying with us too) and I would love to tell everyone by making homemade crackers and slipping a copy of the ultrasound into each one. I just don't know if it's too early. I worry about the miscarriage risk.

x

I guess I didn't realize I could pay for a private one, do you go to your same doctor or someone else? I'm new to this rodeo lol

In the UK independent companies run ultrasound clinics (they're seperate to the NHS) so you just find one online by googling private ultrasound scan in your area. I'm not sure if it's the same in the US. I'm going to be calling up in a couple of weeks and booking an appointment if this pregnancy is sticking. The one I did last time you have to pay a non-refundable deposit, so I don't want to waste money if this pregnancy doesn't stick.

x

I've been taking cheapie wondfo tests since I got my bfp lol, I'm hopeful but I don't want to tell people to soon, I just don't know that I can hold out past christmas

that's amazing you were able to hide it so long... We can't get a gender scan until 18-20 weeks. I'm trying to wait for 14 weeks this time... made it 13 weeks last time but it was hard because I was starting to show.

We waited until we knew the gender and announced with this photo. We're keeping the name secret until he's born though ;)

https://i41.tinypic.com/2iw6dxt.jpg

that's amazing you were able to hide it so long... We can't get a gender scan until 18-20 weeks. I'm trying to wait for 14 weeks this time... made it 13 weeks last time but it was hard because I was starting to show.

We are going to wait until we have the 12 week scan this week, then I am going to put a pic of the scan inside a Christmas card. I also bought a recording device for the card so when my mum opens the card, not only will she see the scan pic, but also hear his or her little heart beat. I anticipate tears from us all, lol.

Wow some brilliant ideas here!
1st time round I was only 7-8 weeks but we bought cards for hubby's brothers which said merry christmas uncle, aunty ones for my sisters and grandparent ones for his parents.
This time I'll only be 7 weeks again....we were thinking we'd buy our little boy a t-shirt saying 'big brother to be 2014' and see how long it takes anyone to notice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->