How did you find out your had pcos?

dinoegg

Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondering how some of you guys got diagnosed with pcos. I am still unclear whether I definitely have it but all signs are pointing to yes.

When I first started my menstrual cycle it was irregular every 3 months or so. I then started the pill which obviously regulated it and remained on it for 6 years. Iseptemebr last September and have had 2 periods not including my withdrawal bleed.

In the last few months I had a transvaginal and abdominal scan where I was told one of my ovaries had 12 follicles on it but that they would send my results to my doctor.

The doctor read me the results but did not determine if I have pcos or not. I did a blood test with a younger doctor who was in place while my own one was on holidays. He prescribed me a higher estrogen pill bit said my bloods were normal. I returned to my own doctor as I did not find starting the pill again was going to help me and he advised me to remain of birth control to allow myself to figure out how my body works. The second blood test I did with him and he said all the results are normal and still no diagnosis given. I have put on weight since before I started the pill but my periods were irregular then so I don't see how losing weight will solve my issue now if it was present when I was 8 and a half stone years ago. I am so confused !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->