How did you meet OH/DH - LONG

I met before people on the internet, but it would never come to a thing(although one englander got over to Hamburg to meet me, but being totally unexpeirienced and rather shy i said some stupid things before hand which pissed him a bit off (the weekend was nice nevertheless apart from my stupid idea to have a fish roll on the fischmarket, because that one must have had some shrimp or whatever in too, against which i am allergic.(I couldnt see anything, because the fischmarket is in the early morning. unfortunately I didnt have internet for a months aftet that, so that he had time to reconsider (because when he sent me his first mail when he was back he was all nice and cool) and after I didnt have internet he was all 'i dont ever want to hear from you again , ' which was rather strange becuase he told me that one month later..)

I also had something of an Internet 'affair' with some hot texan who i used to chat to at night, sent also some hot pics around but unfortunately I couldnt send him any of me because i didnt have a camera. He is still hot, and I initially thought he would have been the hots of his school, back then but he wasnt , he was some withdrawn loser -geek type in his school like me when I was in school. :p)

So it was really good I have found now someone who was so patient till he got me xD I guess my body or whatever knew it though, because normally I am not really socialble , but to see him I got out in pubs at late nights xD)(of course i was always as naive as a teenager because I never had any ambitions as a teenager to get any kind of relationship)

Mines very very short.
Met my fiance at college and been together ever since.
10 years on 7th June - scary how time flys.

I LOVE THIS THREAD lol!

WELL! I met my future husband :] In a recording studio/warehouse.Actually one of the reasons I want to Name my first daughter Melody, is because it was what brought us together! Music!

Anyway, I had just gotten out of a very, very, very draining relationship, that although it lasted a year, it felt more like 10, and it wasn't the good kind of long, it was agonizing long. So anyway, I was already single for about 4 months and I had gotten invited to a get together that a co-worker from the mall (who worked in a music store) was going to, and everyone one there either worked in that same music store, or knew someone that worked there!

I barely knew anyone, and meeting someone was the farthest thing from my mind, since useless conversations bore me to death, I didn't even care about socializing. After what I went through, I couldn't stand the chance of meeting anyone AT ALL!

Oddly enough, as I had my back rested on a wall I noticed someone coming down from the stairs and couldn't take my gaze on who was after this person walking down the stairs! I automatically felt the world stop. Something I never ever felt! and I saw him! There he was! It was like the light in the room only shined on him! it was so weird! I tried to stop staring and looking like an idiot, but he seemed to do the same!

So, the night progressed, and I found myself talking to him, and ignoring everyone else, even the guy who invited me to the place who was interested in me, needless to say I only went to be polite!

And we exchanged phone numbers and you can guess the rest!

Hey girls, love your stories, I must say some are impressive but the one that shocks me the most is the McD's story. Wow, you never know what can happen can you? Good job DH never saw me in a bad hair day before asking me out... (most my days are bad hair days!! :rofl:) xxxxxxx

I met my Hubby on 30th June 2001, exactly 9 months after splitting up with my last bf.

After splitting up with last bf I moved into a shared house with a lovely landlady who went on to become one of my best friends. She used to fancy herself as a bit of a 'Cilla Black'! :D Everytime we went out anywhere she'd try and match make her friends including me but having not long since come out of a long term relationship, I wasn't ready to be with anyone else.

We went out this night in June to let our hair down after I'd moved (as landlady was moving in with her bf) house, and we'd spent all day lugging boxes around and decided we deserved a drink or two. I felt like crap, looked like crap as all my stuff was creased after being packed up, so wasn't exactly feeling my best. We had a few drinks in a few places, and went to a local pub, and she was doing her 'see anyone nice' routine. :D She spotted a nice bloke up the end of the table and asked me what I thought, so like you do I said ' He looks quite nice' and thought that would be that.

Later on, somehow she managed to get us talking and left us to it and the rest as they say is history ........ lol! We've now been together for 8 yrs at the end of next month and married for nearly 18 mths. :cloud9:

I'm a big believer in fate. Our paths crossed a few times without us knowing. We had several friends in common, we'd been to the same pubs, same gigs when we were younger. It appears we just weren't ready to meet until we actually did. :cloud9:

When I think of how different my life would be if I'd not moved into my lovely friends house, its quite strange. If I'd not moved in with her, I'd not have met Hubby and I wouldn't be working where I am now as she helped me get my job! I think I was obviously meant to me her at some point in my life as a year or two before I met her, I took a job as a nanny. I decided after about 2 days that it wasn't the job for me and left, but had I stayed I'd have met her then as she took a job that summer with the same family! When I was ringing round (after splitting up with last bf) unbeknown to me I'd picked up the previous weeks paper and rung her number, and she told me that the room had been taken. So I carried on ringing, and then the phone rang and it was her ringing me back as she thought I sounded lovely, and she wasn't ahppy about who she'd rented the room to so invited me round to look at it that weekend. So I went to look, loved the room and moved in 5 days later! And the rest is history! :D

I also had one scene where I met my oh before I even know him. We once told when we first joined our cricket club, and I said the first time i was at a match was at the british day which is an annual festival for well britishness in Hamburg, so I toom the chance to watch the first cricket match ever . In actual fact it was also the first time that he played for the club, and I said, yea there was this guy who didnt have gloves, and he said it was him. xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->