How did you meet your OH???

Mummytobe85

Reaction score
Just curious as to how you other ladies meet your OH?

Me and DH met at my old workplace where i was temping, we met in typical fashion by the photocopier :haha: i thought he was quite rude as i was speaking to everyone else apart from him - turns out he liked me too but was too shy to say anything.

Then went for after work drinks after 3 months of talking/working as we slowly became friends first and been together ever since :flower:

He was the year above me at school, known him all my life... :)
My parents and aunts and uncles, all went to school with his parents, aunts and uncles!
Or wedding wasn't so much a wedding as a high school reunion! :haha:
Finally got together at a christmas party thrown by a friend. The usual "my mate fancies you..." type thing! :blush: xx

Me and my hubby met in Ibiza on a clubbing holiday....infact, 4 years ago to the day!!

I met him at a summer job in June 09', didnt really think much of him honestly!

I always remmeber him coming over to me and him saying how I need to smile more often ( i hated the job lol! ) because he loved to see me smile and I never did! Me being a girl it was kinda cute and got my attention :kiss:

Then oneday as i was ending my shift he came and GAVE ME HIS NUMBER ... we texted on and off for a couple weeks then one night decided to go out to a movie....

couple days later he invited to me his friends house to watch a football game/ play cards n drink a lil.....

after that we were inseperable!
Then he asked me out over facebook .... while I was away in a different state on thanksgiving break LOL.

Which is funny because the guy before him... i dated 3 years and he asked me out over myspace LOL :haha:

We broke up once that following Jan due to his stupid ex. gf and other problems we had but got back together 2 weeks later and have been together ever since then!

We met in our first year at university, we lived together in the same halls of residence. I haven't been able to get rid of him ever since :dohh:

Me and my OH met in a nightclub!!
My friend and i went out and got VERY drunk lol, i fell into him on the dancefloor :haha: we had a chat and left it as that then i went on holiday, came back and a few days later went back to the same club where i saw him again. Was about to walk off the dancefloor when his friend grabbed me and said that his mate like me but was to shy to say anything :blush: so could i go and talk to him lol. I did and at the end of the night he asked for my number, he text me when i was in the taxi on the way home, we texted everyday for four days, went on a date :happydance: left it a day, went on another date and then went back to the nightclub the next night, then we all went onto his friends house after where it all went downhill :growlmad: His friend and another lad who we were with cornered me in the kitchen asking for my number being very pushy etc, as this was happening my OH walked past the kitchen and saw me in a corner with his two friends which looked clearly very dodgy, i didnt want my OH to get the wrong idea so took him into the garden told him how much i liked him and that it wasnt what it looked like in the kitchen, then i asked him to be with me haha!! Nothing like being up front eh :haha: So we got together a week after properly meeting lol, have been together ever since :cloud9:

he came into my old work place( record store ) and was looking for a copy of its a wonderful life.
i told him i loved the film and the rest is history, been together 4 years and married for one the day before BB is due.

we met on erm..... facebook :haha:

OH tagged me "sexy" on social me almost 3 years ago now, now were living together, engaged and have a gorgeous little boy :cloud9: xx

awwwww lovely stories everyone i love these stories i could listen to them all day :)
Me and my OH met when i was seeing a friend of his friends:blush: the story is a bit confusing in writing but hear goes lol
Dave (my OH) had given his friend (craig) a lift to mine to meet his friend which was the lad I was seeing (who was called dean:- which by the way was going terrible we were more like brother and sister than friends we could never get it on iykwim lol) anyway i saw dave outside in the car dropping craig of at myplace and i was immediatly attracted to him and it must have been a little too obvious as Dean told dave that he thought that i fancied him :blush: Dean came to me a few hour later and said I know you like him i told him anyway :-/ was a little awkward but dean didnt mind we are still friends to this day i think we both knew it would never work out between us both sooooo anyway later that night i was txting who i thought was craig to ask him a favour and the next thing my fone rings he says this isnt craigs fone its dave and dave thought i was my cousin (linzi) he didnt realise it was me and he said "linzi could you ask your cousin if i can have her number" i said this is leah linzis cousin lol and yes you may keep my number hahaha he was sooooo emabarased bless him but we were txting each other non stop for the next day then we met up whent out and other than 2 short break ups from each other we have been totally inseperable for 3 years. :happydance:

Me and my OH went to school together. We've been in love for 9 years but got together a couple years ago as we both felt we we're mature enough to have an amazing relationship.. And here we are :) becoming parents and getting married. Best decistion i ever made was to wait till we we're mature enough. Don't think we would of worked out in school as he was a 'ladys man'' and everyone loved him... And look now :) hes all mine.. YAY.
xx

We worked at the same place but never spoke. One day I swung open a door and nearly hit him right in the head. Then he said he was on break and bored so asked if he could help with what I was doing, so I said sure. I was dating someone else at the time and I was the type of person who never saw themselves getting married or having children. But then something hit me about 20 minutes later and I saw him as the man I would marry and I could see us having children together. It was so weird to feel that way about someone you just meet. I pretty much broke up with my boyfriend at that point and a soon thereafter I asked my hubby out. He admitted that the day I almost hit him with the door in the head he was actually walking around looking for me because he had a crush on me for some time. But he knew I was dating someone so he never would have asked me out. He's so cute.

We met at a rock club! I saw his gorgeous long hair and that was it, I tease him that I fell in love with the back of his head lol :)

My OH and I met on a dating website...4 years ago. We met in person after talking on the phone for a few days and only met once. We decided to give it a go and date but then I got a message from him saying that a past girlfriend had popped back into his life and he was going to see if it would work with her. Being that we'd only met once I was like, fine...but really I was devastated for some reason. I felt a strange connection to him, even though I didn't know that much about him. I met his two daughters who were then 3 and 5 years old and I remember they drew me pictures. I didn't see him for over 2 years but occasionally we talked through IM...then randomly 2 summers ago he found me on Facebook after disappearing for awhile and we started talking. We were both dating but going nowhere in our relationships and *somehow* we managed to break up with our SO's (not planned) in the same weekend. We hung out and, well...never stopped hanging out lol 8 months later we moved in together, 6 months after that we were pregnant, and now we're going to have our little baby soon...we're happier than ever, his 7 & 9 year olds are very much a big part of my life...I couldn't be happier!

My hubby and me meet first when i was 9 years old, he went to Scouts with my sister and his step brother and i thought he was well cute. Then 3 years later I moved into the same road he lived on(3 doors down from him) but i was already seeing someone. He used to wolf whistle at me and stare at me when i was waiting at bus stop for school (god he was cute :)). Then finally in Sept 2004 when i was 14 i got told by a mate that he really liked me and so i waltzed up to him and asked me out. and he said he had been dying to ask me out for 2 years.
We have been together ever since, got married after our 1st little princess was born in 2008. Im now 21 and he's 23 and we have a gorgeous baby girl who is 3 this month and a 16 month old boy and expecting a baby girl in 6 weeks! Been together 7 years this year and married for 3.

Ooooh i love reading stories like these!!im such a sucker for romance lol x

Aww Palmergirl thats so sweet! I actually cried...
Sounds like you are meant to be... How lovely!!
xx

We met online, over 3 yrs ago, getting married next year :)

Me and DH met at uni, then he went abroad for a bit and we had a long distance relationship for about 2 years, never away from each other for more than 3 weeks though, then he moved back and we've been inseparable ever since! All in all we've been together 6 years, married for 2 and a half.

It's such a treat to be able to live in the same house as him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->