How did you meet your OH???

We met on Match.com!! Both of us almost canceled, we were fed up with pointless dates that went nowhere. Plus, he had this horrible photo of his face on his profile that he took with a camera phone, he really didn't look handsome at all. But he emailed, I responded, and we both made it to our first date at a nearby coffee shop/eatery. He just seemed so genuine, and he was such a talker! I thought that was adorable--most guys I dated I felt like I had to keep the conversation going the whole time. But this one, wow he just wouldn't stop talking! We went out on a "real" date a couple days later, then we were both hooked:) (Oh, and he was quite handsome, to my surprise!:)

We met at work but it took him 6 years to eventually ask me out! We've been married 3 years now and are looking forward to the bump being born around 28/7 hopefully!

I went to college with his ex :blush: Then college took a trip and his ex invited his sis who i became friends with.. His sis then started going out with someone from my village who had a party and Steven (my oh) was there and we clicked...He got himself a secret phone and got my num (much to my annoyance i disliked him 4 3 years before that party!) Text me and told me he was leaving his partner. He did and thats us :)
(His partner and i at this point were not friends as i befriended his sis and only saw her when i went out with his sis and she invited the 2 of us) x

How fun to read everyone's love story :)

My OH and I met in university. We had a few classes together and got to know each other when we worked on a group project together (although at that time I was with someone else). A couple months later, after breaking up with my ex, I ran into him again in the computer lab and we worked on another assignment together. Took a break to grab some food and a beer and got to know each other better, and it just took off from there.

7.5 years later and we're still together, with a beautiful baby girl on the way :)

We met online 6 years ago and have been married 4 years this month ( my due date is also our wedding anniversary!)

Aww these are all soo sweet, met my OH when I was 16 & he was 21 he was one of my bus drivers. We didn't have the nerve to ask eachother out back then, so 15 years later he became my Daughters school bus driver, my marriage was in trouble, we got together 16 months ago and are still like a pair of teenagers in love :) xxxx

Aww these are all soo sweet, met my OH when I was 16 & he was 21 he was one of my bus drivers. We didn't have the nerve to ask eachother out back then, so 15 years later he became my Daughters school bus driver, my marriage was in trouble, we got together 16 months ago and are still like a pair of teenagers in love :) xxxx

i love this one probs cos my OH is bus driver in my local area and when i used to see him on the bus i used to think he was hot lol

Oh fate!!! :thumbup:

I worked with him... and he ended up being my boss :blush:

I moved into a new apartment....he was my cable guy. hehe. :winkwink:

we met at a under 18s club when we was 14 years old :D we dated for about a month and i dumped him over email (he wont let me forget it haha!)
4 years later i got a txt from him asking if i remember him (he was having a chat with a mutual friend and got my number)
i did and we met up at a bar but he was drunk and brought me a drink and he drank it himself!! haha
he must of made a impression because i gave him a call the next day and we have been inseparable ever since!
been together 4 years! married for 1 and have a gorgeous little boy and a beautiful girl on the way :D
i knew he was the one :D

My DH and I met at a Honky Tonk. Neither one of us wanted to be there but were drug there by friends. We spent the whole night dancing with each other. Neither of us really drinks. Afterwards he asked me to meet him at Dennys (one of 2 restaurants open). We both ordered a Mushroom Swiss burger with bacon and a pepsi. We've been together every since it will be 9 yrs. in Feb. ( exactly one week before Valentines day) and married 8 in Jan.

Met my hubby in Tenerife on the 1st night. Didn't have a holiday romance though as I had only been single for a year (so had my friend) and we wanted to make sure we had a real girlie holiday. So, gave my hubby my mobile number and told him to text when he got home and he did - this was 8 years ago!

Funny thing was, we only lived 4 miles apart and although we went to different high schools, we were the best athletes and out schools competed every year, we ran in the same running club, hung out in the same places but didn't meet till we were 28 yrs old - fate or wot!!!!

met my partner on line 2 years ago it was a new year and i thought im gonna give this internet dating a go. we was chatting on line for a while and talking on the phone for a bit and when we finally met up i said if i fancied him in 'real life' i would kiss him straight away and omg he was stunning can still see him walking up by my home and me thinking right ive gora go in for the kill and kiss him so i did and it was instant i fell head over heals for him and still get that feeling when he walks through the door now. he is the true love of my life

7 years ago I got a text which was meant for someone named Danny,after alot of "I'm not danny" "yes u are", my fone rang so I could prove this was the wrong number,I instantly loved his voice as I'd always had a thing for the scouse accent and apparently he instantly loved my voice because from that day we spoke for 7 hours every night and text about 50 times a day for the next 10 months,learning everything about each other and declared love before meeting one another,he then travelled the 240 miles from merseyside to Brighton for the weekend,the following weekend he moved in with me.the rest is history  xx

We 1st meet in a pub back in Germany where he was based, then about 6 months later he just stood in front of my door wanting to pick a mate of mine up. He told me he tried to call and txt me the last 6 months bt i never answered. Well my "clever" man had put 0044 instead of 0049 in front of my german phone number. We are together ever since :)

he came into my old work place( record store ) and was looking for a copy of its a wonderful life.
i told him i loved the film and the rest is history, been together 4 years and married for one the day before BB is due.

I love this one! Especially because it was in a record store AND he asked for 'It's a Wonderful Life' looooovely!

We met when he came for an open day at my work. I instantly fancied him and showed him around, then telephone interviewed him the next monday.

He got a job at my work and then we accidentally kept meeting in bars and clubs. I later found out that all the other managers had bets on when we'd get together! We were both in relationships that were failing at the time, but didn't do anything till they ended. It was meant to be, love at first sight if I'm honest. I knew he was important the second I saw him. We've been together 5 years now!

i met my hubby when i was 14, i was having a physical fight with his 12 year old brother and DH stepped in to break it up :haha: it wasnt love at first sight or anything in fact we didnt like eachother at all but hung out in the same circle of friends. In fact i fancied his best mate and was only hanging around for his attention LOL!
But by the time we turned 16 we were best friends, went everywhere together, told eachother everything finally when we both hit 17 we were together and planning the wedding!! We had our DD by 18 and married aged 19. It sort of all developed naturally. No asking eachother on dates or where is this relationship going questions etc just grew close and fell in love. My mum was horrified tho cuz DH was a tattooed, trouble maker, pot smoker with no job. He quit the pot and got a job before i got pregnant and before we decided to marry. He was a typical troubled teen i think. I always did love a bad boy tho! He's a door bouncer now and not quite the wimpy spotty chopsy lad from up the road LMAO. awww im getting all nostalgic now (im only 25 but it feels like forever ago we met etc) bet u all r? Thinking back to when u n your partners first met :) im a soppy cow aye :haha:

What a fab thread!!! Its lovely, im such a romantic!!

I met my husband on Ibiza also. I was 21, he was 22 (8 yrs ago)

He was wrecked and had a black eye (he's yet to find out why!) I thought he was an idiot but my friend thought him and his mates were hilarious. She took his number.

Whenever we had parties I would always invite them through, he always let it be known he fancied me but I was having none of it.

Then winter 06 I came thru to see him with a friend for a gig (he was in a band)
We had a wee kiss and the rest is history!

We got married last yr, 7 yrs to the wk we met, and subsequently expecting our Cuba honeymoon baby!xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->