How did you tell the dad?

teenmom06

Reaction score
Hello lovely ladies!

I was wondering how did you all tell the dad? With my first baby we did the test together simply because I was terrified of seeing the result so I didn't get a chance to be creative about it :D Now I need to tell the daddy some good news again but I'm a bit lost about how to do it! :cloud9:

Its father's day in the UK soon, so maybe buy a card from bump also and stick a test in it.

told him friday I didn't need booze for camping this weekend then sent a pic of the test lol

I wrote I'm pregnant in a new mug, when he finished drinking he saw it!

I got an outfit that says "I get my charm from my daddy" and a Card, on the inside of the card I wrote " hi daddy, I can't wait to meet you! Love, peanut." Then below that I wrote estimated arrival date: 2/5/16

This is my second baby with my hubby. With baby #1, I just gave him a little gift bag with a bib that said, "I Love Daddy" and the positive pregnancy test. This time I got my BFP the morning of date night, so I bought a cake, had them write, "We're Expecting," and delivered it to the restaurant we were going to. Then our server brought it to the table after we were done with our dinner. It was great! He cried <3

Oh I need some good ideas here too! It's almost Father's day, and I'm due Valentine's day so surely there's something that would fit either :)

When we first started trying, I secretly bought a onsie that says "Future Doctor" with a picture of a TARDIS on it.
The day I took my digital test to confirm the weeks, I put the onsie and the test on our bed. When he got home from work I just waited until he noticed it. :haha:

We were sat watching one born every minute (birthing programme in the UK) i was laying with my head on his chest and as a woman was pushing i said 'we are going to have to do he hat again in 8 months' we said what?? I repeated myself and he looked all confused and asked if i was pregnant so when i said yes he got all teared up and cuddled me tight, it was lovely

My husband works early mornings and I work nights, so when I got out of bed and room my test, I sent him a photo saying "Good morning daddy!" X

I went to his work to meet him on his lunch break. I quite often take him lunch, so it was nothing unusual.

I gave him a gift bag (with a bear on) and inside was a little teddy and my positive test. He was a bit confused at first and thought the teddy was for him, then he saw the test and was so shocked, he completely wasn't expecting it as we'd had no luck conceiving for 10 months!

With my first baby I got my bfp Thursday morning and that Sunday was fathers day so I was going to wait to tell him, but I spilled the beans when I got home from work that night. We were getting married in two weeks and wanted kids, but we weren't trying and I'd just gone off bc, so it was a happy surprise. He was talking about how he needed a part for his truck and I said "Maybe you'll get it for father's day" but it didn't even register to him what I meant, so then I showed him the test and I'll never forget the look on his face, pure joy! One of the best moments of my life. Took another test the next morning with him to verify and the rest is history :)

This time around we were trying. I had taken a test 12dpo and it was negative, so I told him and went about my day. Later that day I saw the test sitting in the trash and it had turned positive! That night I was sick with the flu and ended up having to go to the dr the next morning for dehydration. We got the confirmation there that were were expecting again.

I took the test called him into bathroom n showed him we was planning no2 for ages so we wud test every month x

My best friend, my hubby and I went for sushi. My BFF went to the "bathroom" but secretly told the waiter the news. So the waiter brought my hubby a shot of tequila and told him that his wife is pregnant and he can now drink (we didn't drink while TTC) :lol:

These all sound so cute!
I just walked in the door with red puffy eyes from crying and he asked what was wrong when I blurted out "I'm pregnant!" We both want kids... just hadn't expected it so soon so I was a bit freaked out. We're over the moon now. :happydance:

I had pink and blue balloons on the bed, along with a yellow gift bag with a "new daddy again" mug in it. I had a sign in the middle that said "Balloons are pink, balloons are blue, on January 19th, Baby Congiundi is due!" I had this all on the bed before he got home from work. He goes to the bedroom first thing after he comes home to change.

I did a test because I was a couple of days late and felt a bit off, didn't expect it to be positive in a million years though! As soon as the second line showed, I just ran out of the bathroom and said "babe, don't freak, but.. we're pregnant!" His face was a picture, just had a beaming smile for hours :D x

We weren't trying and my OH was away when I found out! I kept it quiet for two days and when he got home I said 'don't be mad at me' he looks and me and went 'you're pregnant?!' And I said 'I think so' and then showed him the 6 tests id taken &#128563; then I took a clear blue digital with him and it flashed up with 2-3 weeks. He was grinning like a crazy man and completely thrilled!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->