How did you tell your husband?

mom and ttc

Reaction score
How did you tell your husband the news? And what was the reaction?

I know this is from Dec, but I thought I'd post anyways, if that's ok :)

Well, with #1--that was a surprise BFP--we'd been trying for several months, and my DH actually was out of town on a business trip. I had come home from work after a particularly crappy day, and was about to pour myself some wine ;), when I thought "lemme POAS--either way, that'll maybe cheer me up...it's gonna be a BFN anyways..." and so I did my stuff and placed the test on a tissue on my bathroom counter...and went to get a bottle of vino, was about to pour...when the 2nd line showed up. To say I was shocked is a royal understatement. Literally 2 seconds later, my DH calls me just to say hello, and I blurt out "THE SECOND LINE SHOWED UP!!!!"....(silence)....and my DH says, "What 2nd line, babe...?" and I hollered "THE PREGNANCY TEST!!! THE SECOND LINE!!!!!" I could hear the smile in his voice when he asked, all cute and school-boyish "You took a pregnancy test?:happydance:" and I said "yes PAPA :)."

The 2nd time, for some reason, HE knew before I did...maybe it was my behavior, maybe he just felt a 'vibe', but I had literally pushed out of my mind when my period was etc because after several months this time, I was getting obsessed (and NO that is NOT a negative dig at those who temp and chart--I am talking solely about MY OWN feelings and behavior)--so I just stopped keeping track, for my own sanity. One Saturday afternoon, my DH literally turns to me and says "Either YOU pee on a stick, or I'm gonna!!!"---and lo and behold, it was a BFP...he said later on he just 'had a feeling'....I sure didn't--I had hope, that's for certain, but to expect a BFP, heck no way.

When we successfully have our rainbow baby, I think this time I will do something cute to let him know ;) haven't figured out what that will be yet, but it will come to me when that day arrive :).

BIGHUGS to you!!!!

First time me and my husband (soon to be ex) were together 3 weeks when he said... I think your pregnant. I didnt believe him as that would be insane. A week later I got my bfp after I had a test that took all night to get positive. Second time I had very painful implantation pains at 8dpo and we both new. Sadly the second one became an angel.:cry:

So, one year I was watching Grey's Anatomy and it was when one of the ladies talked about how she was going to tell her husband. Later in the episode Gray has Derek open a shopping bag and in it was a tee shirt saying something like , "I'm going to be a big sister".

I wanted to do something cool like that. So one day, back in 2013, I was in this shop getting something engraved for my husband. They had all these different toppers. So I got one that said #1 Dad on it. It was cute and simple. Mind you that was 2013. I've kept up with that topper for the past 3 years.

So last night when I got the semi-official BFP with CBE, I was soo excited. I was able to find the topper very quickly, but then didn't have a cake or cupcake to put it in. Besides that, my DH doesn't really eat sweets like that and he was on his way home. So I call him to about to say I'd go get dinner, but he volunteered to go since he was already out. Darn. Had to think quick. So I run up to the convenience store to get him his favorite candies and they didn't have any. Boo. I go to the next nearest store and was able to find some popcorn and bags of candies he likes to snack on. When I got home, I just put the topper in the bag with the goodies and left it in his man cave.

When he got home with dinner, I coxed him into looking in the bag. When he did he only did a brief scan of the items and put the bag on the floor. I picked it up, making the excuse that I wanted to make sure he liked ALLLL the candy I picked out. He grabs the bag and starts going through everything, saying, yes I like this one, Yep those too... and Ohhh...what's this... huhhh... Wait.... REALLY [Yes]... HOW do you know? [I took a test]....Really, I wanna see it... I run with a big grin to get it for him. So precious.

While his man cave is full of manly stuff, baseballs, pictures, etc, when he got back into the man cave after getting the proof, he promptly placed the topper on the top shelf for display. Guess he liked it.

I burst in to tears as soon as I saw the BFP. Hubby was in bed and heard me crying. At first he naturally thought it was a BFN but then he realised! x

I was honestly not expecting a BFP (we were more not preventing than really trying - we've had some hard months and naughty times were few and far in between) and I only took the test when things got really weird real fast - no wonder since I was more than 3 months pregnant then (but only missed 1 AF which is why it never occured to me, and I didn't really show until about 20 weeks).

I imagined for years all the fun/exciting ways I could tell him, but being so shocked, I didn't really even consider them. When he came home that night, I just sat him down and told him.

His reaction? "Pregnant? From what???" �� We still laugh about that. We are beyond excited for the little one to arrive, of course, and he's as proud as a dad can be :)

Went out that day to buy the things to tell DH when he came home from work. I put my FRER and a pair of Canada Olympic Infant Mittens into a small box. During dinner, I mentioned I had gone shopping earlier. After dinner, I presented him with a "small gift" I bought earlier that day.

At first DH said, "Did you buy something for me because you actually bought something for you?" I just smiled and gave him the box.

"It's a watch isn't it?" he said as he opened the box.
His eyes widened and jaw dropped like he couldn't fathom what was going on. Then he looked at me, "We did it?" and "Are you serious? Are we pregnant?"

I responded, "Yes! I tested this morning!"
DH welled up and then practically tackled me. He was smiling and crying and kept asking if we had finally "done it". We spent a few minutes lay in bed just musing and being happy together.

https://s10.postimg.org/7frrjciko/20160201_204633.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->