How did you tell your parents???

seeing this reminded me has anyone heard from lilshortass ?

No .. she went into hospital coz she thought her waters had gone didnt she?

Hope shes ok.

yeah that was her last post, not heard anything since. Bit worried about her.

Well, i was 16 when i fell pregnant with this little one.
i did a test on the friday morning, i kinda knew what to expect from it though, i had to get ready for college, so i left the test sitting on my desk while i got dressed etc, because i had done test before, i just didnt think i would be pregnant at all, but when i looked at the test i was so shocked.. it was a BFP and i couldnt get my head around it, i had to keep checking the instructions to the test, reaad it through and through, but it was deff positive, told my bf at the lunch time, he didnt believe me(was over the phone) he said go get another test so i did. and it was the same. lol
anyways i didnt say anything to anyone when i got home only a few people knew
then the saturday me and oh fell out and my mum asked me what was wrong i burst into tears while eating my spaghetti on toast lol.. and she was like
"oh god no please tell me you arent pregnant" and started crying, and i couldnt look at her, and then she cried some more, shouted at me, laughed ALOT stared at me.cried some more,and hugged me.. and then she was like "we best tell your dad" and she rang him up and all he said was "nothing she does surprisesme anymore" thats about it really.
my mum has been incredibly supportive about it all and shes loving the idea of having a grandchild i thought she was going to kill me but she didnt lol
i had to tell my bfs parents to.. and it was hard.. cos she worked in the doctors where i had to go for my first anitinatal and she already knew when we walked in there (btw my bf was too scared to do this himself. cos he didnt know what to excpect or something)
but i told her too and she aswell was so supportive to me and still is =)

thats my story lol. hope you enjoyed

I'm 18 as well and I kind of just came out and told her. She wasn't too upset, more worried that I wasn't going to go to college.. which I assured her I was still going to do, and then she was fine with it.. she is mostly excited, especially because it's her first grandchild. My boyfriends mom however SAYS that she is excited but then gives my comments like, "You can go take medicine to start your period again.. it's not killing the baby.. *blah blah blah*" Which kind of sucks because me and Jamie, my boyfriend, live with her and her boyfriend. I'm hoping to move out soon though *crosses fingers*!!

Im a bit older than you lot,Im 21 as of last week, but Im still terrified of telling my parents (especially my dad) on Saturday. I still feel too young to be doing this... still feel like Im 15! Hopefully it'll go ok though.

Hope everythings gone oke for everyone else telling their parents. We've got the in laws coming over in about 10 mins. My other half is bricking it.

I was 18 whne i found out i was pregmnant and i was worrie dabotu telling my parents. I had recently moved in with my boyfriend who my dad hated and wanted nothing to do with and my mum jst thought i could do better really, When i told my mum she was very upset. She put the phone down on me and then calle dme back later once it had sunk in and she had calmed down and she talked to me liek an adult. My dad is another matter tho i've always been scared of him. i just cam eout with it, like pulling off a plaster, quickly works best.

I know its scary but really,.,,wats the worst they can do? they cant make u do anything they don't want. Just tell them it was a shock for u too but they'll have to deall with it like grown ups like everyone else has to.

good luck hun!

When my parents found out I was no where to be found. My girlfriend told my brother, which then they both told my parents.

When I told my mum I was crying my eyes out expecting a huge lecture and world war 3 and she turned round and said, "What you crying for, come down stairs and we'll talk about it"!!! trust me, parents are truly unpredictable!! I was so scared she was going to kill me, but as soon as she realised me and my boyfriend were serious she has been there for me!! (and i told her without my boyfriends there)!! It is better to tell her sooner than later i think!. xxx

I was 18 when I got pregnant and was at that time, living far away from my parents. My mom always expressed to me that I would make a great mother, and that she would love more grandchildren and what-not, but certainly didn't expect me to become pregnant this young, just as she had done.

When I first told my mom, I called her RIGHT after taking the test (my mom is the best, very easy to talk to) and all I could say was, "Mom. I think I might be pregnant" I was super shakey in my voice as it was still setting in for me. She said "Why do you think that?"

Bahahaha.... I told her, "Well I took a pregnancy test and it's a plus. I think I'm pregnant" Then I just walked around the room going "Oh my god. oh my god. oh my god" She laughed and said congratulations.

My DH and I moved back to where my parents live and both of us grew up and settled into our own home. My dad still hadn't known yet, I was TERRIFIED of telling him. Since he and my mom started having children when they were 18, he didn't want us to do the same because financially, it was hard for them. At least until we all left home :laugh: Maybe we were spoiled..

Anyways, my dad got home from work and it was the first time he'd seen me since I moved back, I sat downstairs with my parents and blurted out, "I found out I'm pregnant, dad" and he quickly turned his smile into a stern face. He said "Is this one of your jokes?" I reassured him it wasn't and that I had just been to the doctors to confirm it. He was upset, he didn't say much, and that's how I knew. It's taken him until almost now to get comfortable with the idea that he'll be a granddad again, but he's very happy about it now. He insists if it's a boy, he's going to be a professional golfer and his name will be Lion because Lion's are bigger than Tiger's... bahaha! :)

When I told my mum I was crying my eyes out expecting a huge lecture and world war 3 and she turned round and said, "What you crying for, come down stairs and we'll talk about it"!!! trust me, parents are truly unpredictable!! I was so scared she was going to kill me, but as soon as she realised me and my boyfriend were serious she has been there for me!! (and i told her without my boyfriends there)!! It is better to tell her sooner than later i think!. xxx

Thats exactly how my dad was! I thought he would go mental but he was really happy. I was in tears before I told him coz I was so scared.

Parents are unpredictable

yeah parents r weird lol
if they c stuff on tv and complain, then u freak out if like that's what u've dun, in this case teen and pg and poop urself bout tellin them, then when it comes round 2 it theyre well supportive and everyfin

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->