How did you tell your partner?

sassy_tiger

Reaction score
How did you tell your partner you were pregnant? I want to find a cute way to tell my fiance.

I conceived after IVF #2 and DH knew what day I was going in for my beta so when I called the hospital and got my BFP, I had to think fast as I was picking DH up from work later that day. Luckliy I had a t-shirt that says "Keep Calm, I'm Pregnant" lying around for about 1 year (It took us 2 years to conceive) so put that on and didn't answer DH's SMS asking me about the result. Went to pick him up and when he was walking to the car, I started acting annoyed that he'd had me waiting for 15-20 minutes and then suddenly opened my jacket so he could see my t-shirt. He got this big smile on his face although he wasn't much for such a "public" way of doing it :)

I conceived after IVF #2 and DH knew what day I was going in for my beta so when I called the hospital and got my BFP, I had to think fast as I was picking DH up from work later that day. Luckliy I had a t-shirt that says "Keep Calm, I'm Pregnant" lying around for about 1 year (It took us 2 years to conceive) so put that on and didn't answer DH's SMS asking me about the result. Went to pick him up and when he was walking to the car, I started acting annoyed that he'd had me waiting for 15-20 minutes and then suddenly opened my jacket so he could see my t-shirt. He got this big smile on his face although he wasn't much for such a "public" way of doing it :)

That's sweet! Congrats on finally getting that :bfp:

Waved my pregnancy test right in his eyes asking if he could see that barely visible line! :haha:

First time I just burst into tears and shouted him up the stairs to the bedroom where I handed him the test. Not the way I wanted it to be done but I was so shocked after trying for 8 years for my miracle baby. This time I was upset cause it was unplanned and unexpected I ran down the stairs crying and threw the test across the room at him when he was about to leave for work. Ooooops!!!

I told him over the phone as he was coming home from work. I was excited as I was feeling out this month.

I had planned to wait until I had confirmed with the doctor and was absolutely sure, and make him a Father's Day card saying 'wink, wink, nudge, nudge'. But when I got a positive result, I was totally not expecting it and was so shocked! I suddenly didn't care about my plan and just wanted to share the moment with him. So I took the test to the kitchen and he looked at it and gave me a blank look. I said two lines means a positive and the look on his face was priceless as he stared at me while it dawned on him, and we laughed. I was shaking!

I told him when we were at the movies. The film was just starting. He freaked out and left.. But then he came around :)

First time I gave him a nappy in a gift bag & said the doctor gave me 2 bits of news, 1. I had a urine infection(!) and 2. We are going to need lots of these in our future & handed him the bag. Took him a while to figure it out though!

This time I yelled for him to come upstairs to look at the test as I was in shock. It was only our first TTC cycle!
He didn't trust it as it was an IC so we marched right to the shop where x2 clear blue confirmed it 😍

I called him in from the garden and said 'we're having another baby' and he replied 'did we make another baby?!', excitedly.

Then I endured three days of him freaking out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->