How did your 3-hr glucose test go?

TTDuck

Reaction score
I took my 3-hr glucose test yesterday because my 1-hr test had a result of 171. I'm just wondering how the experience was for some other ladies and if how you felt during the test seemed to correlate to your results.

Right after having the drink, I had shaky hands from so much sugar so fast! I felt icky for the 1st hour and felt much better during the 2nd hour. By the end I was starting to get shaky hands from the lack of food. So now I cross my fingers and hope for the best!

I was okay for the 3 hours... on my way home, though, I got really light headed and sweaty. I thought I was going to pass out. As soon as I ate and took a small nap I was okay again. I passed!

I felt yucky at my 1 hour blood draw... Like a little light headed and shaky. By my 2 hr I was fine.

Ended up being high on both and have GD :(. Hope it doesn't happen to u... They usually call within 2 days if you don't pass!!

Bummer! At least it's only a short time for the diet!

I would expect them to call sooner rather than later if I don't pass but they took a week to call after the 1 hour test (so I thought I was good since they didn't call after a few days!).

I had mine yesterday, I felt very sick for first hour. Passed mine though xx

I had a two-hour test and felt light headed and like I was going to throw up the entire time. It was awful, but my results came back just fine.

Maybe everyone feels sick... I mean its 75 g of pure sugar chugged in 5 mins, then you have to sit around for 2 hrs. That's like chugging 2 cans of coke in 5 mins. So I can see why we all feel sick! On an empty stomach too!!

Failed my 1 hr test with a 137 which they said was a bit high.

Went for my 3 hr test and I felt fine the whole time but as soon as I left and made it to work (I picked lunch up on the way so I could eat it once I was there), I started shaking real bad and sweating profusely and was really light headed. I didn't know what was going on!! I told the girls sitting beside me if I passed out that my OH was listed under "hubby" in my phone and to call him. I emailed my mom real quick to ask her about it. She said to continue eating my lunch and I should be fine shortly. Once I had fully eaten I was good. Passed my 3 hr test but was told to watch how much sugar I eat as I may have a larger baby.

I have to go for my 3hr tomorrow!! Dr said my sugar was elevated from the 1hr test but didn't tell me what the number was...I better bring something to munch on for right after I'm done!! :-/

I failed my 1 hour with a 161.

During the 3 hour I felt a little nauseous for the first 15 minutes and then felt completely fine for the rest of it. Didn't even get the headache I was anticipating. I passed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->