How did your cloth nappies hold up for baby #2?

Rydia

1 Boy & 1 Girl
Reaction score
Has anyone used cloth nappies from birth to potty training with a baby and then reused the same nappies for a second (or third) baby? I am just curious how well various brands hold up after being worn and washed every other day for 2 years.

Good question!! I'm very interested in the replies to this... :)

Gutted nobody has answered i wanted to know this too...kinda my excuse for buying so many :dohh:

It would def be interesting to know, I have pretty much decided on bum genius nappies and hope to use them for a later baby, if I decide to do it all again. I read somewhere that birth to potty nappies (one size)dont hold up so well but I dont think I want the faff or initial expense of the other types.

i too would be interested in this. unfortunately we've started late with cloth for maddi :( but i will def save them for baby no 2 :) and have an excuse to buy more :rofl:

Well I mainly used Terries and Bamboozles with Kaya for the first year(ish) and I'm planning on using them again with this next one. I think the thinner Terries won't last until baby No 3 but the Little Lamb ones I got will.

I've asked this on another forum as well.
the responses i've have are:

Newborn & Small sizes (overall) are normally adequate for use on several babies as they only get used for a few months per child.

Sized Pockets/AIOs which are sized will depend on how they're cared for obviously those with the pul covers can deteriorate with tumble drying but as they're sized the same as above applies.

BTP Pockets/AIO do get alot of usage so are more likely to have the PUL and Elastic deteriorate and may need replacing. (nappies can still be repaired)

Cloth only 2 part BTP nappies benefit from have the PUL cover separate so that can easily be replaced and they're less likely to be elasticated (which can also deteriorate) so the nappies themselves could potentially be used for a number of children but you may need to replace wraps (more so for the larger most used sizes)

it kind of makes sense, when you think about it.
they also stated that things like aplix and poppers can easily be replaced, also some WAHM's will fix them for you or replace elastic etc but i guess those with PUL covers can be more difficult i.e. BGs

Care Tips
- reduce tumble drying to a min
- take care when stuffing nappies (if PUL brittle i have read comments of hands going through the other end of the nappy):rofl:

Yeah I thought that would be about right, it does make sense. The problem is the expense of replacing sized ones etc. I decided not to worry and am going with bg anyway as I am having a girl so picking lots of pretty colours so even if I have another baby if its a boy wont be able to re use anyway. well I could but I think it might give him a complex. :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->